Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need more leg room  (Read 1377 times)

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited Custom Paint
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Anniversary
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO Convert
Need more leg room
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

My 2011 Convert is just a little to short for my 6' 2" frame. I have  called Corbin and asked about the solo and he said I would gain about an inch. I need about 3 inches. I cannot get a good answer on the forward control extensions or floor board changes. Any suggestions? Has anyone else made these changes with this bike?

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
Re: Need more leg room
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »

My 2011 Convert is just a little to short for my 6' 2" frame. I have  called Corbin and asked about the solo and he said I would gain about an inch. I need about 3 inches. I cannot get a good answer on the forward control extensions or floor board changes. Any suggestions? Has anyone else made these changes with this bike?
I'm 6' and just added the highway pegs to the mustache bar.  Haven't even looked into extending the controls.  Good luck.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »

Mustache Bar helped me and I also got the Corbin seat. But I am only 6' but looking at the controls extending them would be easy from the stand point of making adapters.

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »

Mustache Bar helped me and I also got the Corbin seat. But I am only 6' but looking at the controls extending them would be easy from the stand point of making adapters.

I am adding the mustache bar today, did you try the bar without the pegs and then decided to add?

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »

I just bought it and the pegs all at the same time. Being able to stretch the legs out on the highway and change position it makes you far more comfortable. The Corbin seat helps allot and the back rest is the real key to the success of this setup.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

Add me to those recommending a Corbin seat. As to pegs, the Kuryakn line-up offers a wide variety of adjustable pegs, some of which should serve your needs. Another thing that might help you feel more comfortable is how your handlebars are set up. If the bars are pushing you back too far or you're leaning into them - - whatever the issue, you're not going to feel right on the motorcycle. Proper ergonomics can make or break any vehicle- -whether it's a H-D or a Ferarri.

B B

huntnjim

• Junior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »

I installed the mustache bar and short angle foot pegs this past weekend. I am having a seat guy in Denver (Bitchin Stichin) look at my OEM seat to remove the foam and re-install with a better product. He will make proper adjustment as much as possible to give me a couple of inches of leg room. Sounds like the price would be between $150 and $200. If it works and he basicly guaruntees it will be much more comfortable than original... it will be money well spent. If I end up down the road ordering a Corbin....hey I will just have an extra seat in the future.
I will post photos when finished!
BTW I also installed VH big radius 2into 2 with a SERT tuner. Final dyno is 97 HP and 118 TQ. Sound great with nice pull!

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 22 queries.