Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (photos) Jester Sold...In comes "Big Red" (Candy Red Sunglo to be exact)  (Read 3826 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member

I sold and delivered the Jester today to a great guy who also lives in north Texas. He already has a SERK, but wanted the touring model for those long trips.  I am now officially "bikeless"!! :'(  But not for long....

It has ABS (which I really wanted) and I have added the following (some are not on yet, the bike is still up on the lift awaiting some of the other parts) The smooth spokes wheels are being changed out for the standard Ultra wheels.  I llike the looks of the spokes, but do not want to mess with tubes in the tires.

V & H slip ons
Chrome forks
Stage 1 map and A/C
Ironside collection of pegs, grips, and floorboards (I really liked these on the Jester)\
Heated grips!!!
Chrome rear passenger trays and mounts
Chrome trim on tourpak
Chrome switch housings and levers, master cylinder and clutch
Painted inner fairing and cap (on order...they do these locally and are cheaper than HD)
Chrome trim rings on instruments and around lights (visors)
smoked lens replacing amber
Ultra Classic shift linkage
Chrome fender skirt
Chrome lower belt guard
Tour pak luggage rack
105th anniv. derby cover
brake/run/turn light kit

The dealer is giving me $600 off the labor to install all of these, so I went a little deeper up front than I normally would. 

Here are a few shots of my new "Screaming Red Bird" as it sits waiting on parts (only has a 96 in it, so I need to come up with a better name)

Also, while I was in the service dept., they were also getting this baby ready for the floor.  Apparently it was sold, but the buyer backed out :o  Maybe he read one of the threads on this site ;)

BTW, it is listed for several $K over MSRP.  My buddy was looking, but at that price, pasadena :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:05:27 PM by Cobaltman »
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Jester Sold...In comes "Big Red" (Candy Red Sunglo to be exact)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:16:07 PM »

Where's the seat?

Looks to me if you could afford that list of accessories, A seat would have been a nice addition.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 04:22:18 PM »

Sounds like you have built a nice bike.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

Where's the seat?

Looks to me if you could afford that list of accessories, A seat would have been a nice addition.

It's now an option for the 2008 models.  I figure I can do without it for a while.  I'm counting on the battery to warm my arse until I can afford a genuine pleather/vinyl seat.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:07:55 PM by Cobaltman »

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: (photos) Jester Sold...In comes "Big Red" (Candy Red Sunglo to be exact)
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »

John,
Congrats on the new Ultra.  :)  But I'm a little confused. (that's nothing new)  Did I miss something in another thread?  Why did you get rid of the Jester?  I didn't think you were having any problems with it.  Was it just to get the ABS?   :nixweiss:  What up Bro?
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »

John,
Congrats on the new Ultra.  :)  But I'm a little confused. (that's nothing new)  Did I miss something in another thread?  Why did you get rid of the Jester?  I didn't think you were having any problems with it.  Was it just to get the ABS?   :nixweiss:  What up Bro?

I really wanted an ABS bike, so when I noticed a little weeping from the rear cylinder, it was time for her to go.  I've been following the appropriate threads for quite some time, and was hoping mine was "immune' to this little problem. Not so lucky.  Around 5K she started. 

I really loved the bike, but I do have not patience or confidence the MoCo will get this fixed. It really blows my mind that the 2008's seem to have the same problem.  I'll forego the HP and torque (at least for awhile ;D) to perhaps get a more dependable motor (at least I hope it is!!). 

I sold it to a local guy who already has a 2007 SERK.  I did very well on the sale and am anxiously awaiting "Big Red" to get finished.  I added the painted inner fairing today, as I saw one on their showroom floor and it blew me away.

I'm glad your ride seems to be immune for the leaking gaskets.  My friend discovered it on his red 07 last weekend and he was not very happy at all.

I hope they get a fix for the problem as the bikes, look great.  Who knows, maybe Howie will find one for them ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:00:46 AM by Cobaltman »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »

I really wanted an ABS bike, so when I noticed a little weeping from the rear cylinder, it was time for her to go.  I've been following the appropriate threads for quite some time, and was hoping mine was "immune' to this little problem. Not so lucky.  Around 5K she started. 

I really loved the bike, but I do have not patience or confidence the MoCo will get this fixed. It really blows my mind that the 2008's seem to have the same problem.  I'll forego the HP and torque (at least for awhile ;D) to perhaps get a more dependable motor ( I at least I hope it is!!). 

I sold it to a local guy who already has a 2007 SERK.  I did very well on the sale and am anxiously awaiting "Big Red" to get finished.  I added the painted inner fairing today, as I saw one on their showroom floor and it blew me away.

I'm glad your ride seems to be immune for the leaking gaskets.  My friend discovered it on his red 07 last weekend and he was not very happy at all.

I hope they get a fix for the problem as the bikes, look great.  Who knows, maybe Howie will find one for them ;D
Understand your frustration about the oil seepage.  I hope my remains tight, but I'm not going to be surprised if it does.  I'm right at 5K with mine, but it seems like they start leaking anywhere from 4-7K, so I guess it's just a matter of time before mine does.  Well, that's what the warranty is for and then the extended service contract.  I know it's a hassle not having the bike when it's in the shop, but they have to keep working on it until it's right, so be it...

I'm glad to see that you're going to trick this new one out to the way you want it right out of the door....that's the way to do it...then all the accessories (HD at least) are all covered under the factory warranty.  Enjoy the new ride bro, it's looking good.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:13:51 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 09:05:13 PM »

Thanks Red,

I'll post the finished product sometime next week.  The painted inner fairing really makes/elevates the bike, IMHO.

h-d mikey

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
    • CVO2: 2000 SERG Triple Red
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »

John,

It looks as if you are well on your way to having a great bike, Maybe I can find someone who wants a Black & Orange Jester and start over with a older year model UCSE maybe something with a 103". Good luck with Big Red and keep us posted with your up dates.

H-D Mikey
2012 SESG Citrus & Gun Stock
2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise (Wrecked By Harley)
2009 SERG Orange & Black (SOLD)
2005 SEEG Banana (SOLD)
2000 SERG Triple Red (SOLD)
1999 Fat Boy (Custom Everthing)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 05:43:33 AM »

Looks like you're turning it slowly into a CVO with the mods so far.  Still looking for a name?  How about Screamin Eaglet?  With a 103 upgrade to the 96 you can take the "T" off.  Nice choice in bike.  I'm glad you got your $$ for the Jester and will be back in the saddle soon.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »

Looks like you're turning it slowly into a CVO with the mods so far.  Still looking for a name?   How about Screamin Eaglet?  With a 103 upgrade to the 96 you can take the "T" off.  Nice choice in bike.  I'm glad you got your $$ for the Jester and will be back in the saddle soon.

Screaming Bird

Whispering Hawk

Chirping Eagle :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 09:20:30 AM by Cobaltman »

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.