Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: **Canelled** Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal  (Read 2990 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
**Canelled** Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »

As most of you know, we've been trying to get RIDE LIKE A PRO WEST COAST (RLAPWC) to come to Nor Cal for quite awhile.  I think I first wrote to Mark about this two years ago.  Andy has been supporting this all along.  After we rode to So Cal a few weeks ago, a number of members voiced an interest and we've finally talked Mark into trying this.

Andy has secured a location to hold the training....we need to do the rest.  If you're interested in RLAPWC now is the time to let it be known.....we want to bring it to you here in Nor Cal.  

Cost: $160 each.  Training bikes $150 each (limited to four bikes each class)

We're looking to fill two classes a day for two days of 6-7 riders each class.

We have an option of several dates however, we need to make this decision quickly, in order to secure the location (if you're interested in attending, please let us know what date works best for you and we'll go with the majority if that works for Mark and the location owner):

June 27   Hotbird (rental), Rooster (Rental),

June 28   Sanjoseduke, SMD

If you're interested and serious about this please just post here and you'll be contacted.  We can tell you that the training is valuable for new riders or those with years of experience and.........we had a great time doing it together. :2vrolijk_21:

A link to our recent trip to LA to attend this training:   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35634.60

A link to Mark's web site to learn exactly what Ride Like A Pro is all about......or just ask one of us that have taken it:  http://www.ridelikeaprowestcoast.com/

I would tell you that it's all about learning how to ride at slow speeds, very tight maneuvers in a controlled position.  Making u-turns at slow speed with forks turned all the way to the fork stops, figure eights at slow speed with forks turned all the way to the fork stops, u-turn from a dead stop with forks turned all the way......no rolling start.....from a dead stop.  Try it.....after you pick your bike up, sign up for this training.  By the way, Mark will also show even the smallest rider how to pick their bike up by their self, from either side. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:51:07 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast......Nor Cal
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »

There is a short window for using this lot  so if it,s going to happen we gotta move on it.... Fine Resturant next door. This is a one shot deal for sat. and sunday---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Hotbird

• CVO1: 2009 Fat Bob
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »

I am pretty sure that I am in, but - where is the location?  You mention 2 classes/day for 2 days - does that mean two 1/2 days?  My first choice is 6/27 & 28.  I prefer to learn some new tricks on a rented bike.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »

The training would be in Sunnyvale, Ca. and even though their would be four sessions, you would only attend one session.  They're all four the same training.

Andy will check this week on the window of time that's available for this, this week.  As he indicated above, it's going to be a narow window and a one time thing.

Please post here rather than PMing me.....that way we have all the info. in one location.

By the way, a number of us were on a ride this weekend and this morning we run into the owners of StreetMasters, Precision Cornering Workshop.  Just for comparison sake........that training is $390 each.  So I think all would have to agree that this training is a bargain. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

JC, Have you taken into consideration that on the July 11-12 and 18-19 dates, a good portion of us will be at the Nor Cal Hood River gathering?
Also, did Mark get another training bike? Last I remember he had but three. Or are you renting yours out to make a fourth?
Is Mark taking any of the free repeat students or only the paying first timers?

I'm sure Melanie's in if the class is not held during the Hood River dates
I will be glat to help cleanup the parking lot and set up if needed. Roger

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

You're right Roger, so the weekends of July 11/12 and July 18/19 will not work, either.  Also, I believe Jim's annual open house is on Sat. July 18th (of course we hope the So Cal crew stops by for that.

However, those dates may be a mute point anyway, with a small window.  Andy will check on that this week.

I believe Mark has four rental bikes but it doesn't matter, you already took the course.   :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »

we hope the So Cal crew stops by for that.

We :  (Wrongway & Lit bit) Paula and I plan on being at Metal Dragon on July 18th.

We will have to hit the road to get home, but we will be there  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »

Dave/Marty,

Let me and Andy know if you need a place to stay
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 12:29:06 PM »

Dave/Marty,

Let me and Andy know if you need a place to stay
Dave and Donna too......just let Ernie know!  Anybody else, too. :huepfenlol2:

I'm visualizing quite a pack headed back from Mt. Hood to Jim's.

West Coast GTG   

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 06:10:33 PM »

JC

June 28 Works for me.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »

June 27-28 would work good for Terry. He would want to rent a bike also.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:58:01 PM by Mrs Rooster »
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »

I just want to let everybody know that mine and Andy's motivation to bring this to Nor Cal is/was simply for the benafit of the members here.....that couldn't travel to So Cal for whatever reason.

Having said that, please know that you can certainly invite any friends or members of other forums, also.  In order for it to happen, we need to get four classes signed up.  Invite your friends and you can reply here, for them.......

West Coast GTG   

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »

Sure wish this class was would have been introduced last year....while I was attempting my DMV test...Subsequently, (do not know if it's affiliated) but, I purchased a video called "Ride Like a Pro" (friend has it now) anyway, I used these techniques to pass the DMV practical test with my 08 SERK. Needless to say...I use this knowledge every day...great course is an understatement. btw: before I gained these techniques... I could not get around the DMV circle once, let alone reverse couse, cones ect... Muddy
Save The Wave...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »

Sure wish this class was would have been introduced last year....while I was attempting my DMV test...Subsequently, (do not know if it's affiliated) but, I purchased a video called "Ride Like a Pro" (friend has it now) anyway, I used these techniques to pass the DMV practical test with my 08 SERK. Needless to say...I use this knowledge every day...great course is an understatement. btw: before I gained these techniques... I could not get around the DMV circle once, let alone reverse couse, cones ect... Muddy

They want you to have a couple thousand miles under your belt (wheels) before taking this course.  Prior to taking it, I had three of the Ride Like A Pro videos.  I would just suggest that if you learned from the videos then you definately want to sign up for this training.  It will really accelerate your skill level, doing it in person with the instructor correcting the mistakes that each rider makes individually. 

West Coast GTG   

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »

They want you to have a couple thousand miles under your belt (wheels) before taking this course.  Prior to taking it, I had three of the Ride Like A Pro videos.  I would just suggest that if you learned from the videos then you definately want to sign up for this training.  It will really accelerate your skill level, doing it in person with the instructor correcting the mistakes that each rider makes individually. 

Yep, I can relate to the hands on instruction... nothing like (real thing)! Since Aug 08...we now have, just approaching 8K on the scooter. Does this course count towards insurance discounts? Thanks Muddy
Save The Wave...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.