Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: What is the proper Rider Etiquette?  (Read 5760 times)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
Re: What is the proper Rider Etiquette?
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »

There are too many circumstances that can be included in these scenarios that can impact a decision one makes.

JC,
I initially thought your reply was of a real hard ass who is self centered and doesn't care about anybody else.  After getting to know a little about who you are from previous entries and reading this I was confused because it wasn't in line with what you are about. I decided to push towards the good stuff I've read and give you the benefit of the doubt.
No problem... I wasn't upset.  This is the first forum I've ever posted on and only one of two that I still post on.  I haven't logged onto Facebook in a year.  I almost never email anyone in the family.  Written words often fail to convey the real feelings that people have.  So when someone thinks I'm an A-Hole I try to explain my feelings but don't get upset about it.  Often they may be right anyway.   ;D

I just got tired of trying to accomodate groups.  It never seemed like anyone wanted to accomodate Malinda and I in return.  So now I make it clear that I will do my own thing in the case of weather, traffic and speed.  If the group wants to follow me they're welcome.  If the group wants to do their own thing Malinda and I are perfectly capable of going it alone.  But if there's ever a biker in need, I stop, I wait, I help.  If there's a biker who thinks I should be miserable instead of them because of their lack of planning, then the term hard ass a-hole would be about right on the money!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
JC

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:29 AM »

No problem... I wasn't upset.  This is the first forum I've ever posted on and only one of two that I still post on.  I haven't logged onto Facebook in a year.  I almost never email anyone in the family.  Written words often fail to convey the real feelings that people have.  So when someone thinks I'm an A-Hole I try to explain my feelings but don't get upset about it.  Often they may be right anyway.   ;D

I just got tired of trying to accommodate groups.  It never seemed like anyone wanted to accomodate Malinda and I in return.  So now I make it clear that I will do my own thing in the case of weather, traffic and speed.  If the group wants to follow me they're welcome.  If the group wants to do their own thing Malinda and I are perfectly capable of going it alone.  But if there's ever a biker in need, I stop, I wait, I help.  If there's a biker who thinks I should be miserable instead of them because of their lack of planning, then the term hard ass a-hole would be about right on the money!  :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
JC

JC - My BSR & I have ridden with folks that we have tried to accommodate (the above rain gear up scenario)  but when it came time for our turn, they just went their own ways or so it seemed.  So with them we do the same & everyone in that group is ok with it or nobody GAS.  Somebody said it earlier in this thread - sometimes bikers are like pirates.  We hang with our mateys but sometimes it's every man for himself - subjectively. Group we ride with now we stop for whatever the group decides unless they stop too damn much or we are in a mood to get somewhere - which we are sometimes (especially  this time of year when it rains damn near every late afternoon).

Group we ride with mostly are all baggers so we have all sorts of gear.  This time of year sometimes we ride in rain with no gear due to the heat - if we a not too far from the destination or the day is just miserably hot. Some in our group do not like to get wet so usually we will accommodate them but if we have warned them at the gas stop before the rain & they did not gear up, let's just say the sympathy ain't exactly in operation so we usually just ride through it. Unless it's cold & that is a different story.

While the thread is funny in spots (coffee spewages about the nitrogen and the dino vs syn and that very odd fellow who suggested a snorkel/bubble) am somewhat troubled that no one mentioned that reportedly GLARE will repel water from as much as 3 feet away from your bike.  If all the bikes in the group had GLARE on them and were more than 3 feet apart, theoretically nobody would ever get wet.  GLARE is the Chuck Norris of bike polishes.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »

GLARE is the Chuck Norris of bike polishes.

Quite a long post to finally reach the absolute truth.....however, got to agree with it all Iski.   :2vrolijk_21:  har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »

Wow.... I had no idea GLARE was that strong.  Does it repel the rain or is the rain just scared of it, so it runs away?  ;D

Ride Safe,
JC

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »

According to Glare Legend, bugs that are terrified of landing on a Glared bike have told the rest of the insect world that a Glare bike is to be avoided, and the insects informed the elements, and so on.  The Chuck Norris syndrome. Mess with Chuck & you know how you will end up.  Same deal with Glare. The sun will shine on a Glare bike ONLY because Glare will allow it to.

Once I rode on a scenic country lane past a herd of sheep on my bike with Glare and several of them ran away in sheer terror baaing their wooly heads off.  And I had never been in that pasture even once.  Really.   :huepfenlol2:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »

I need bi-lingual Glare hear...the gushers and splatters and clanker hard shells down here in satans ahole no hablo englaesiah.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »

Not sure if it works south of Okeechobee.  Nothing much else in FL does so why should Glare be any different?

Could be a language barrier - not sure if there is a La Glara?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »

:D :D :D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »

;D ;D ;D

ex-Miami Mayor?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.