Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: "Ol Maudie" ailing  (Read 19078 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Re: "Ol Maudie" ailing
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »

You're right.  I'll discuss this with Neal when he completes his diagnosis.  Thanks, Pete.  :2vrolijk_21:  How many miles before yours failed?  Later--HUBBARD

I think I had about 12-13K miles on her when they were replaced with S&S.  Got 59K now with no problems.  Don't know if they were the HP type or not.  Sounds like 2Lane may have something, the Feulings that I saw fail were in a hopped up 95 cu. in. built by Hillside cycle.  That dude abused the hell out of that motor.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

Carl, even if it turns out all the problems have been contained up top of the head have you decided yet if you'll just fix it?  Or will this be an excuse to goose the old girl up even a bit more than she was to begin with?

Don,

ALL BS aside, the only time Ol' Maudie has been dusted was by UnBalanced, and I was 2-up, and he was Solo, so we will probably have to do that again in Daytona, this coming Spring.  That said, I'll probably put her back as a 120, with the most recent updates.  Like lifters, valve springs, etc.  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »

Hey Carl,
               I don't see any talk about upgrades to comfort, cosmetics etc. Lots of nice things have been done by the MoCo since ole Maudie was birthed (not everything they do sucks)  Just wondering if you're doing anything beyond the mechanicals to the old gal ?

B B

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »

Hey Carl,
               I don't see any talk about upgrades to comfort, cosmetics etc. Lots of nice things have been done by the MoCo since ole Maudie was birthed (not everything they do sucks)  Just wondering if you're doing anything beyond the mechanicals to the old gal ?

B B

I saw a chrome front Fender in one of the Harley Shops when we were in MV, but knew if I bought it, I'd have to chrome the whole Bike!  Seriously though, I can't think of a thing I would change, or add to the Ol' Girl.  She's just right for me, if you know what I mean.  She's just lettin' me know she's been rode hard, and put up wet, that's all.  I knew this day would come and, quite frankly, I thought it would be sooner than later.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »

Don't egg him on.  He's got cash he don't know what to do with these days, w/o a race team to support.  Ol Maudie is 'bout to get 'gussied-up'. :kiss2:  har.  spyder

har!  I wish I had the Ca$h everybody thinks I do.  I think I'm 'bout even, spyder.  I owe 'bout as many Banks as I don't.  ;)  Goin' in business for yourself.................what a crock of sh*t!!!  >:( Later--HUBBARD

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »

har!  I wish I had the Ca$h everybody thinks I do.  I think I'm 'bout even, spyder.  I owe 'bout as many Banks as I don't.  ;)  Goin' in business for yourself.................what a crock of sh*t!!!  >:( Later--HUBBARD

Hub

Your not in business for yourself.
Your in business for the goverment.
At the end you get a little part of what's left.
I hope it's enough to get Maude and the Denali back on the road.
Good luck.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 04:22:06 PM »

Hub

Your not in business for yourself.
Your in business for the goverment.
At the end you get a little part of what's left.
I hope it's enough to get Maude and the Denali back on the road.
Good luck.

SBB

Thanks for reminding me, chithead!  :( The Denali's back.  Ol' Maudie won't be far behind.  ;)  Later--HUBBARD

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »

Don,

ALL BS aside, the only time Ol' Maudie has been dusted was by UnBalanced, and I was 2-up, and he was Solo, so we will probably have to do that again in Daytona, this coming Spring.  That said, I'll probably put her back as a 120, with the most recent updates.  Like lifters, valve springs, etc.  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD

Will be curious watching how you decide to run her out Carl.  With good work and good choices am crossing my finger she'll run as long, as hard and with as much fun as she has so far.

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 11:34:48 PM »

Pot stirring i can do that.

Otis the Road Glide has'nt did any thing to help Maudie live to be a old Granny either.
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »

Otis the Road Glide has'nt did any thing to help Maudie live to be a old Granny either.
Question is now Randy, how will Otis like the new/freshened-up Maudie?   :nixweiss:huuuh?  :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »

Easy now, OTIS.  You've changed Cams so many times trying to pass Ol' Maudie, you've wore out 3 sets of Cam Covers.  Lay down.  You ain't seen nothing but Maudie's tail-lites for 7 years.  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 02:13:38 PM »

Cylinders .004 out-of-round, .030 wobble in the Crank, Cams junked, Oil pump trashed, and least of all, Valve-Seals, Rear Head.  Major Surgery.  Culprit:  Roller on Lifter failed.  Hate to replace my Ol'-School tapered pin Crank, but may go with the straight pin, new & improved model.  Other than the Crank and Cams, probably put 'er back like she was, with all new Parts.  ;)  Later--HUBBARD     

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »

Cylinders .004 out-of-round, .030 wobble in the Crank, Cams junked, Oil pump trashed, and least of all, Valve-Seals, Rear Head.  Major Surgery.  Culprit:  Roller on Lifter failed.  Hate to replace my Ol'-School tapered pin Crank, but may go with the straight pin, new & improved model.  Other than the Crank and Cams, probably put 'er back like she was, with all new Parts.  ;)  Later--HUBBARD     

Carl, would've been less typing to write "cases are good!"

Sorry man.

But hey, you flogged that one and it still always got you home.  Can't really ask for more than that.

hogasm

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2010, 02:27:19 PM »

that is more run out than Bessie had......you still had teeth in your head after the last ride with that much run out :nixweiss:

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »

that is more run out than Bessie had......you still had teeth in your head after the last ride with that much run out :nixweiss:

Hardly nothing.  I thought she was acting up over some bad Fuel.  I'd put some 114 in, and noticed it looked like shellac.  Bottom of the barrell, obviously.  Tried to blow it all out, WFO.  Too much, too long.  Later--HUBBARD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 21 queries.