Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealer Recomendation for Apes in Va.  (Read 1520 times)

jrc

Dealer Recomendation for Apes in Va.
« on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »

I live near Richmond Va and want to get apes put on my cvo soft tail springer.  The shops I have close by are Richmond HD, Waugh in Orange, Shenandoah HD in Stanton, and South side HD in Petersburg.  There are a few custom shops around like Departure bike works around.  Does anyone have a suggestion on who would be the best.  Its shouldn't be a hard job but dint want any scratches, etc.  Would like to get it done soon in time for spring riding.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Dealer Recomendation for Apes in Va.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »

I live near Richmond Va and want to get apes put on my cvo soft tail springer.  The shops I have close by are Richmond HD, Waugh in Orange, Shenandoah HD in Stanton, and South side HD in Petersburg.  There are a few custom shops around like Departure bike works around.  Does anyone have a suggestion on who would be the best.  Its shouldn't be a hard job but dint want any scratches, etc.  Would like to get it done soon in time for spring riding.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I've bought all my CVOs and had all work done at Richmond HD North, Glenn Allen, VA.  They've always done right by me.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »

MY VOTE: Departure Bike Works.  They know what they're doing.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »

Glad RedDevil has had good luck with North Richmond HD. I have had the opposite experience. My 2007 Ultra was in there for warranty work and I wound up with a dent and scratch in the front fender along with melted microfiber on m exhaust heat shields. They made good on the damage with some resistance. The kicker was when I was stuck in Ocean City with a clutch that was not engaging correctly because of the shabby warranty work N. Richmond performed.
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »

Glad RedDevil has had good luck with North Richmond HD. I have had the opposite experience. My 2007 Ultra was in there for warranty work and I wound up with a dent and scratch in the front fender along with melted microfiber on m exhaust heat shields. They made good on the damage with some resistance. The kicker was when I was stuck in Ocean City with a clutch that was not engaging correctly because of the shabby warranty work N. Richmond performed.
I have to admit, they had a couple of bad techs a while ago, but they have since left the dealership.  They know I'm very picky about my motorcyles, and have always been super careful with them, and I've never had an issue with them.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »

I have to admit, they had a couple of bad techs a while ago, but they have since left the dealership.  They know I'm very picky about my motorcyles, and have always been super careful with them, and I've never had an issue with them.

Good information but I will never take my bike to that dealership again. To be honest I have had problems with every dealership my bikes have been to except for Waugh in Orange.

Boxman88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • States
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »

Every dealer has a issue every once in a while. I will happen when you deal with humans. It has to deal with how they handle the issue. I have had issue with the dealer i deal with. They take care of the problems. That's why i keep going back. If any one say they have never had a problem with a non dealer shop they are full of s*&#. Good dealers take care of their customers. 
Charcoal Slate / Carbon Dust
HD Super Tuner / Custom Map
VH Power Duals / H.O. Slip On's
121 Torque 111 Hp
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 944 Rear

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »

No such shop as South Side HD in Petersburg.  You may be thinking of Colonial HD. 

There is also South Richmond HD Shop (name changing to Steel Horse HD) at the intersection of Hull and Courthouse.  The service manager passed away suddenly a couple of weeks back, and he has been replaced by Crash from the Richmond store.  They do have a couple of good techs there.  Departure may be your best bet, but South Richmond has done well by me.
Spada84
NoSofa!

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »

No such shop as South Side HD in Petersburg.  You may be thinking of Colonial HD. 

There is also South Richmond HD Shop (name changing to Steel Horse HD) at the intersection of Hull and Courthouse.  The service manager passed away suddenly a couple of weeks back, and he has been replaced by Crash from the Richmond store.  They do have a couple of good techs there.  Departure may be your best bet, but South Richmond has done well by me.

Oh yeah...Crash. He wanted $2000 over MSRP for the same CVO I got for $1000 UNDER MSRP elsewhere. Yes, I know: "if you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all" I am done.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

Waugh hd
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »

Why not just put them on yourself ?

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »

Why not just put them on yourself ?

F

Kinda what I was thinking.  Course my SEUC is in the garage waiting for me to put the radio back in that I picked up from Iron Cross Friday.  Might get it done today!
Spada84
NoSofa!

jrc

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »

Thanks for the input.  I am between Waugh and Departure and Will talk to both.  It is a little bit past what I feel comfortable doing on the bike so I don't want to undertake this myself.   

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 22 queries.