Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anybody put baffle wrap in Rinehart 4"?  (Read 9585 times)

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
Re: Anybody put baffle wrap in Rinehart 4"?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »

Hey, glad youre pleased with the results. This is a simple and cheap mod that really accomplishes what it sets out to do. Its easy enough to remove them for a change in sound again and re-install when doing a long trip, for example. This shows Fullsac screens can be used for any 4" muffler body, and not just for CVO cans.

Your pics of the material look like the 1/4" thick stuff like mine. Thought you were getting the 1/2"?  If it is the 1/2", that would explain why yours may be a bit quieter than mine.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 11:11:59 AM »

Also interested if your tune changed any....Im still debating on getting a "touch up" tune or not because it runs just as good as it did before. In fact, Im not sure if this mod adds any backpressure or not, but it seems to have better throttle response now. But, I do realize I could be imagining this as often time this happens after making changes to the bike.
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »

Yes I used the 1/4" material from ebay.  As you know sound is pretty subjective. Your 7 could easily be my 6. I'm glad I used just 1/4" because it is exactly what I wanted sound wise. Perfect for me.
If I recall correctly I believe I read a post from Steve George regarding these screens and he said a map change would not be required. I'm sure he knows. I re-flashed mine because I believe the map he sent me was likely the map created by Steve Cole when he got ahold of a CVO waterhead. He made a map for stock bike with DX pipe and the Fullsac 2" baffles. I believe that now that I installed these screens and insulation, that the map should actually be closer than just the straight Rineharts. I didn't want whatever adaptation the ECM had made to the map for the Rineharts without the screens, so I re-flashed the original.

I am riding with some friends tomorrow to Mt. Saint Helens so I will get a good feel for how it is running and will post it. Also I am leaving for about a 20 day trip on July 1st doing a loop up around Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis and back to Washington Coast. If that does not shake out the tune nothing will!
The quieter pipes will make the 3500 miles or so even more pleasant. ;D Thanks again and have a great one.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »

Hey North Star, Just an update on this setup for a 300 mile ride. The bike is running as good if not better than ever. It has always ran great even before adding the screens, but now I believe it is actually running a little cooler. Outside temperature got up to 88 degrees, but my fans did not come on once. Usually when I come back home and sit and wait for the gate to open, and then again wait for the garage to open, when I would shut off the bike the fans would run run for a few seconds and shut off. It did not do that this time.

Anyway, I could not be happier with this setup and map. I only want to get it on a dyno for peace of mind.

Thanks again.

North Star

• 1K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »

Glad to hear they are working for you. Ride safe!
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
HD Daymaker headlights

dc1057

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2022, 01:20:21 PM »

I know this is an old post but I wanted to add to it.
I just did the Fullsac mod to my Reinhart's (bike came with the slimline headers and 4" mufflers). Was getting annoying on long trips. Took all of a 1/2 hour as stated above. Hope I have the same opinion when I go for my next ride.
By the way, I asked about if I needed a re tune and was told not needed.

hotrodfeguy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2008 CVO 110 UC
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2022, 03:31:16 PM »

I wanted to add some things I did to my rineharts. I started with pulling end caps, installed steel wool around the baffle. This took out some high sounds was nice. Although two up under load or WOT the cackle would return. I know your saying but thats why you hit the throttle. I do love the sound just trying to take the high pitch out. So next step was to remove the baffle. I drilled holes at 3/8" size. I did two rounds in the front and back using the angle holes as a template. My theory was to create a larger holes @ 3/8" vs smaller holes(the factory small stamped holes) to take sounds out at various rpm. re installed and I have been in love since  :2vrolijk_21:  In my opinion it was free and you can always buy a new baffle if you screw up. they are pretty cheap.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.