Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Putting on a new rear tire!  (Read 6504 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Putting on a new rear tire!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 11:00:49 PM »

Thanks Barry,
                   My parts wizard Freddy at SD H-D is down with the flu and Richard his fill-in is an old timey biker with no use for anything newer than a Shovelhead. I'll go see Fred when he gets back.

B B

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »

Hey since this thread is about rear tires. What's the deal with the fat tire on the rear of the 2007 SEUC ?  What else is different to make this work ? My 07 Road Glide has a lot skinnier belt than my 03 SERK. Is this the reason. Will the tire on the 07 SEUC mount up to my 07 RG ? Inquiring minds need to know.

Big B  
B B, maybe I don't understand your question.  But the H-D specs show that the electra glides
(including the SEUC), road glide, road king, etc., all take MU85B16 on the rear.  Not sure when this started but did in '06 for sure and I think began earlier than that.  Think that is why they thinned up the drive belt - to make more room.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »

B B, maybe I don't understand your question.  But the H-D specs show that the electra glides
(including the SEUC), road glide, road king, etc., all take MU85B16 on the rear.  Not sure when this started but did in '06 for sure and I think began earlier than that.  Think that is why they thinned up the drive belt - to make more room.

The '07 SERK has a wider rear and front tire. But it's a 170/60R17 78H Radial Tire and uses a wider swingarm. It matches that with a 130/70R18 63H. That's a 17" rear and 18" front. I'm not sure about the EC's or UC's. I think they're still the 16" size that you state here Jerry. ;) Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 10:17:53 PM »

Hey since this thread is about rear tires. What's the deal with the fat tire on the rear of the 2007 SEUC ?  What else is different to make this work ? My 07 Road Glide has a lot skinnier belt than my 03 SERK. Is this the reason. Will the tire on the 07 SEUC mount up to my 07 RG ? Inquiring minds need to know.

Big B  

Spiderman,

You must mean “What’s the deal with the fat tire on the rear of the 2007 SERK?” The SEUC and your FLTR both run the same MU85, Dunlop. This tire was first used on Touring machines in 2004.

You will need a good shoehorn, some powerful incense and a real scary chant to get the 170 radial under the back of your Glide. Grover has some good “Tech” for the the bolt-on fat tire FL.

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 10:20:35 PM »

Spiderman,

You must mean “What’s the deal with the fat tire on the rear of the 2007 SERK?” The SEUC and your FLTR both run the same MU85, Dunlop. This tire was first used on Touring machines in 2004.

You will need a good shoehorn, some powerful incense and a real scary chant to get the 170 radial under the back of your Glide. Grover has some good “Tech” for the the bolt-on fat tire FL.

djkak

You could always order an '07 SERK swingarm, rear fender, wheels and tires! ::) Hoist! 8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »

You could always order an '07 SERK swingarm, rear fender, wheels and tires! ::) Hoist! 8-)

I believe that the frame’s tail section is much wider on the 07 SERK than the others. You will need the powerful incense and chant for that!

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »

I believe that the frame’s tail section is much wider on the 07 SERK than the others. You will need the powerful incense and chant for that!

djkak

Hey DJ, you're saying they actually made a special frame for this model? The P/N for a B/I FLHRSE3 is P/N 47900-07BHP. The "BHP" is the color code. What's the stock frame P/N? I know the swingarm is wider for sure. I can't believe they'd make a one-off frame for only 9000 bikes! :o Hoist! 8-)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:05:48 AM by Hoist »

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

Hey DJ, you're saying they actually made a special frame for this model? The P/N for a B/I FLHRSE3 is P/N 47900-07BHP. The "BHP" is the color code. What's the stock frame P/N? I know the swingarm is wider for sure. I can't believe they'd make a one-off frame for only 9000 bikes! :o Hoist! 8-)

HD ran a proprietary frame on the 2006 FLSTFSE. A 200mm tire will not fit into any pre 2006 Softail without a Sawzall and a shoehorn. You might be able to skip the Sawzall piece with the Deuce; I can’t say for sure.

Park your new machine next to a standard Road King and “eyeball” the center distance of the rear fender rails between the two machines; there is a substantial difference. This is the thing that is so exciting about this years SE Road King; it is a real glimpse into the future of the Touring platform; IMHO.

djkak

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »

HD ran a proprietary frame on the 2006 FLSTFSE. A 200mm tire will not fit into any pre 2006 Softail without a Sawzall and a shoehorn. You might be able to skip the Sawzall piece with the Deuce; I can’t say for sure.

Park your new machine next to a standard Road King and “eyeball” the center distance of the rear fender rails between the two machines; there is a substantial difference. This is the thing that is so exciting about this years SE Road King; it is a real glimpse into the future of the Touring platform; IMHO.

djkak

THAT was precisely something I've been so interested in about the rear of these things.  Did now know yet precisely what all the differences were.  Only that there were differences with these 07s.  That being so one has to hope that it is Harley finally beginning to address all the wander, rear steer, swingarm bushing and other points of contention that have been part of the package for so many years.  It's not as if they've haven't had an extended time to consider it.  But these hardware, geometry and tire changes are the first dramatic and overall changes we've seen for a long time.  Very interested in seeing what they do, how well they do, and what the resulting differences are on the ground.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.