Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch issues with 2015 Street Glides  (Read 2421 times)

bikeman_ne

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Clutch issues with 2015 Street Glides
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:37:19 AM »

I have heard a number of comments that HD has had issues with the clutch disengaging on the new StGlides?  Apparently has recalls??  Haven't seen anything on the site, anyone aware of any issues here?

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: Clutch issues with 2015 Street Glides
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

Have you checked your VIN for recalls?

Check here:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/service-your-bike/service-recalls.html

checking vin # mean's nothing with Harley ... l have 2 late build 15's and both have lost clutch ... lever was completely limp... no resistance ...

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:25:03 PM »

checking vin # mean's nothing with Harley ... l have 2 late build 15's and both have lost clutch ... lever was completely limp... no resistance ...

Just trying to help a new member out with info he may not have with that link.  We all know that recalls are late getting out there, and I've heard there are issues with '15 clutches.  I saw where he asked about recalls and offered some assistance.
What did you do to fix the issue?  Maybe that will be of some help to the newbie.
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

bikeman_ne

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:36:04 PM »

Checked for recall, didn't see anything.  Actually not having any issues but had heard some were.  Thanks

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:40:44 PM »

That's your first step, now do a search on this site and see what other folks have found out. 
I have not had any problems with my RGU (yet?), but I searched for my VIN and continue to look every couple of weeks on that site I sent you.  There have been a few threads on the subject of clutches, so search them out. 
Also, I'm not sure what you meant by your clutch "disengaging" so it would help others to help you if you could be more specific about what exactly is taking place and how it feels when you pull the clutch in.  The more info you give, the more apt someone will have had a similar problem and will have an answer that may help.  I'm no expert on clutches, but there are some on this site that are! 
Good luck!   ;)
Harry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

There have been three hydraulic clutch recalls since the 2014 models were introduced, and the 2015 SESG (FLHXSE) was included in the most recent one.  Whether yours is included or not depends on the production date of your particular bike.

Open the attached file for a recap of the recall.  Scroll down to page four to find the listing for the FLHXSE.  I've highlighted the production dates, if your bike was built after Oct 24, 2014 it isn't included in the recall.  But you will still want to understand what happens when a problem occurs, so you can respond and get the bike checked out before you totally lose the ability to release the clutch.  Just in case the first three recalls haven't finally fixed all the issues.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »

Just trying to help a new member out with info he may not have with that link.  We all know that recalls are late getting out there, and I've heard there are issues with '15 clutches.  I saw where he asked about recalls and offered some assistance.
What did you do to fix the issue?  Maybe that will be of some help to the newbie.

RGlideKid,...
I didn't mean anything bad by you ... just saying that checking the vin# is worthless as that's what l did after losing clutches on 2 of my 2015 touring models and nothing was noted ...

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.