Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: VP 92 T  (Read 26460 times)

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
Re: VP 92 T
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »

FWIW, I have had a VP92T for the last 2500 miles or so.

My FLHTCUSE (see what's in it below) was breaking the clutch lose at WOT and 4500+ revs (felt like a missed shift).

Now it locks up and goes! Even makes the front wheel light. No increase in clutch effort whatever...

Easy enough to put in that I did it myself- of course hd-dude checked on the next service... :nervous:

(If the dealer ever takes the Primary off my warranty is toast what with the GP Bearing support and the VP92T :nixweiss:)

Best $200 I ever spent.
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2007, 04:19:38 PM »

How can you not love a product that comes with a sticker that say "Life Begins at 220 MPH"! ::) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »

Anyone familiar with the install of these things on an '07? The instructions speak of a Cable actuated adjustable clutch. I have an ’07 SERK with the Hydraulic Clutch actuator. Also, there is no clutch adjustment on the ’07. So the first 2 items in the insructions are in question.

1. They say to back off on the clutch cable adjustment. Do I need to open the bleeder or do anything with the Hydraulic system to install this?
2. They say to adjust the clutch adjuster. Since there is none, I assume to just ignore this step.

Basically, I assume to ignore Steps 1 and 2, and just install it. What's with bending the tabs?

Is there anything else I need to know or do for an ’07 model?

I'd like to have all this straight in my mind before installing it. TIA for any help ya'll can provide.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2007, 07:36:19 PM »

Anyone familiar with the install of these things on an '07? The instructions speak of a Cable actuated adjustable clutch. I have an ’07 SERK with the Hydraulic Clutch actuator. Also, there is no clutch adjustment on the ’07. So the first 2 items in the insructions are in question.

1. They say to back off on the clutch cable adjustment. Do I need to open the bleeder or do anything with the Hydraulic system to install this?
2. They say to adjust the clutch adjuster. Since there is none, I assume to just ignore this step.

Basically, I assume to ignore Steps 1 and 2, and just install it. What's with bending the tabs?

Is there anything else I need to know or do for an ’07 model?

I'd like to have all this straight in my mind before installing it. TIA for any help ya'll can provide.

Hoist! 8)

I also have the hydraulic clutch so as you say "do nothing".

The tab bending is simple and I think helps to hold it in there while you snug up the new plate.  The rotating pressure 'thingies' push up against each of those tabs to distribute the pressure...There was a previous thread on this somewhere which I can't find...

My key worry was that the VP92 wouldn't contact the inside of the Derby cover...I spent a lot of time measuring but actually for 06 there is no issue...I also went to Tak's site and while its mostly Japanese, there is a video there which is 'self' expalnatory...

Hope this helps..

Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »

I also have the hydraulic clutch so as you say "do nothing".

The tab bending is simple and I think helps to hold it in there while you snug up the new plate.  The rotating pressure 'thingies' push up against each of those tabs to distribute the pressure...There was a previous thread on this somewhere which I can't find...

My key worry was that the VP92 wouldn't contact the inside of the Derby cover...I spent a lot of time measuring but actually for 06 there is no issue...I also went to Tak's site and while its mostly Japanese, there is a video there which is 'self' expalnatory...

Hope this helps..

Thanks Al! It does help. :2vrolijk_21: I heard from Hippo yesterday and he also said to ignore the first 2 steps completely. Thanks for the clean copy of the instruction sheet too! Looks like a pretty simple installation. Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.