Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: It wasn't easy, But I did it.  (Read 3189 times)

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
It wasn't easy, But I did it.
« on: February 14, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »

Warning: Long read.
So having All Orange  / Black CVO's since my first 2000 Road Glide, When I saw the "Spy photo" of the Orange / Black road glide for 2022 I knew it could be something I was interested in. I contacted the 2 HD dealerships that are still in business that I worked at in the past and both said if and when the bike is confirmed they would "take good care" of a former employee. So I waited for the reveal and there it was!
I contacted the first dealership I ever worked at and Still have friends there,  Told them to get "My price" worked up and I would be placing a deposit. The sales manager got back to me right away with my ex employee Special price of
$60,000 otd. I about had a heart attack.  I said "That's how you are taking good care of me?" And politely declined. On to the next dealer I worked at . My first question to them, "Are you a MSRP dealer?"  The answer was yes. I gave them $1K deposit and took my current CVO, a 2017 Street Glide to them for trade in value. They gave me an initial write up and trade value that was pretty good. Knowing that I was paying the $3K extra for Gun Slingers paint, and the HD mandated $1K "Surcharge", I asked for a little more on the trade in. They agreed. The bike came in last Thursday and got prepped and when everyone started commenting how beautiful it was, Thats when things went sideways the first time. They suddenly wanted to charge me 5 hrs labor to change my garage door module to the new bike and remove my Bagger Nation license plate and frame! I told them Every dealer in the past has did it as a courtesy. They reluctantly agreed to change the module but would not give my frame back. (I had the stock set up for them in the tour pak) After another spirited conversation with the salesman they finally saw the logic that it would actually be easier to just take it off and give me the assembly rather than taking it off and then trying to unbolt the plate from the frame. (those of you that run the Bagger Nation plate frame know what I'm talking about). Not to mention I cut the plate to make it fit in the frame and it would never bolt on a regular frame again.
So know its Friday (the day before I pick up the bike)  The dealer sent the "Finalized" write up to My credit union. Well needless to say the prices had changed. Yes, they gave me more for my trade, but now dealer prep went up $200. I now had a "Doc Fee" of $210,
And the MSRP no longer matched the website. (off by $300) I was upset, and called out the dealership on the price change but after jumping through all the hoops so far I just wanted the deal done and agreed on the "New price". But thats where my credit union held up the deal. The new write up sent by the dealer said "Selling price" where it used to read "MSRP". My credit union called the dealer and asked them for the "MSRP" associated with this bike and my VIN number. The dealer refused. It's now 4pm on Friday, my credit union closes at 5pm, Im expecting to pick up the bike the following day and the deal went sideways again. So I called the Sales manager.
He said if I didnt agree to this price he now had 2 back up buyers behind me that Will buy it. Again, by now Im so stressed out I just wanted it over. I told him to change the MSRP back to what it says on the web site and add his "Fluff" on to the Doc fee line. He agreed.
My credit union excepted it and I "E signed" the loan docs just before they closed.  What a nightmare. And this was where I used to work!
The next day I picked up the check and went to the dealership. Everyone was nice as can be. I bit my tongue and we did all the paperwork, and got the new bike loaded. Only then I could finally relax. It was Not a good experience. None of it.
The bottom line now is, I am the "Happy" new owner of my 5th CVO, a 2022 Road Glide.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: It wasn't easy, But I did it.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 11:05:41 AM »

Congratulations on the new ride! Very sorry that you had to "take it on the chin" but it is a sellers' market.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »

Landing fixation.  The sense that we have to finish what we started.  If they (whomever "they" may be) get away with lying to your or mistreating you know they will do so again when questions of repair, warranty, or other issues present.  Hope you enjoy the bike.  It is a good looking machine.  Crap like that is why I don't get rid of my old bikes for something new. 

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »

Very nice bike, can't imagine what they would have done to someone that didn't work for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Marty811

• SD

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra-Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited-Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO Limited-Traded. 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 02:01:29 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful bike and color!
I’m waiting on my Orange CVO Road Glide Limited to arrive. This will be my first Road Glide. Always had Bat Wings. Seems the dealer has no idea when it will be here.
I’m quite sure it won’t arrive this week before I leave for the Texas Hill Country next Sunday for 2 months.
Are you doing any engine modifications to your new bike? I think that I’m leaving mine alone. First Harley ever that I have left stock.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 02:54:12 PM »

Congratulations, beautiful bike and color!
I’m waiting on my Orange CVO Road Glide Limited to arrive. This will be my first Road Glide. Always had Bat Wings. Seems the dealer has no idea when it will be here.
I’m quite sure it won’t arrive this week before I leave for the Texas Hill Country next Sunday for 2 months.
Are you doing any engine modifications to your new bike? I think that I’m leaving mine alone. First Harley ever that I have left stock.
Putting on some Rineharts and calling it good.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 02:56:20 PM »

Congratulations… great looking bike.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 03:53:03 PM »

frustrating as all heck. But, try and put it in the rear view mirror and enjoy the beautiful ride. I got the same bike and had to get it 1500 miles away and have it shipped. Also MSRP but had to pay a little extra and shipping. We want what we want.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 04:14:55 PM »

Beautiful bike, enjoy!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 07:57:13 PM »

I saw it's big brother at a somewhat local dealer about 2 weeks ago. It's a beauty. Enjoy.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 06:57:11 AM »

Beautiful bike.  Hate dealing with people like that.  Glad it worked out in the end.

Really love your bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 07:03:38 PM »

Looks awesome.  Enjoy the new ride.  :2vrolijk_21:Stuart

GKroadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: CVO Road King 2014 (FLHRSE6) sold
    • CVO2: CVO Street Glide 2021 (FLHXSE)
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 09:13:45 AM »

very nice bike in this color. have fun with it
CVO Street Glide 2021
FLHXSE
Sunset Orange & Sunset Black Fade
Jekill & Hyde Exhaust
http://jekillandhyde.com/en_US/our-technique
131cui

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 10:01:08 PM »

Very nice bike. Had a very similar situation dealing with Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson with them changing numbers after said deal was agreed upon. Just on a much bigger scale. They got me out of my deposit as well. They are well machined con artists. However lesson learned not to deal with the crook Kev the Rev at SMHD. You have an absolute beautiful bike and hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I have one coming down the pipe line as well. Just don’t know when. Hope you have a blessed day.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 06:49:41 AM »

Very nice bike. Had a very similar situation dealing with Smoky Mountain Harley Davidson with them changing numbers after said deal was agreed upon. Just on a much bigger scale. They got me out of my deposit as well. They are well machined con artists. However lesson learned not to deal with the crook Kev the Rev at SMHD. You have an absolute beautiful bike and hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I have one coming down the pipe line as well. Just don’t know when. Hope you have a blessed day.
blah blah blah blah blah
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.