Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: New Aftermarket Radio -- Couldn't Find it in Search  (Read 12783 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: New Aftermarket Radio -- Couldn't Find it in Search
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2023, 05:30:34 PM »

I think one of my issues with the HK head unit not lighting up is that I beat the chit out of it trying to re-install the fairing.  The face plate has to be pushed at one of the corners to make the display light up.

I can't remember when I upgraded to the Chinese LED headlight, that it could be taken out from the outside.  I remember it as having to be installed from the inside, at least that's how I remember it.  I also kind of remember that there's an aluminium finned housing, possibly a power supply etc, that hit the clip that catches the fairing. It's been a few years now... :)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 05:35:19 PM by Dan_Lockwood »
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2023, 05:32:26 PM »

Also Neal, did you use any type of slippery stuff around the fairing opening before you slid the new head unit into place?  I was just thinking that some slippery stuff could be advantageous.

Just wondering... :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2023, 07:44:12 PM »

I think one of my issues with the HK head unit not lighting up is that I beat the chit out of it trying to re-install the fairing.  The face plate has to be pushed at one of the corners to make the display light up.

I can't remember when I upgraded to the Chinese LED headlight, that it could be taken out from the outside.  I remember it as having to be installed from the inside, at least that's how I remember it.  I also kind of remember that there's an aluminium finned housing, possibly a power supply etc, that hit the clip that catches the fairing. It's been a few years now... :)

The headlight pushes in from the outside Dan.  The squeeze tabs on the adjuster part pushes in the housing.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2023, 08:20:34 PM »

i had the fairing off with the headlights installed, only removed them for re-assembly
How did you manage that with that brace attached to the inner fairing to support the weight of the lights?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2023, 08:26:03 AM »

Also Neal, did you use any type of slippery stuff around the fairing opening before you slid the new head unit into place?  I was just thinking that some slippery stuff could be advantageous.

Just wondering... :)

nope, just kept wiggling it till it went in
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2023, 08:27:20 AM »

How did you manage that with that brace attached to the inner fairing to support the weight of the lights?

just removed the 4 screws from each light, that was the bulk of the weight
and then i could see what i was doing in there

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2023, 05:08:25 PM »

Ordered my new HDHU.9813RG radio today through the local HD dealership.  It's coming from Crutchfield, but still at the $999.99 price point.  Got to use my Harley Bucks from our VISA card rewards.  That cut the price in half... :)

Looking forward to the install.  AND, I'll pull my LED headlights just to be on the safe side and I know it will go LOTS easier.

I may have some ???? as I get deeper into the install etc.

Have a great weekend guys!

Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2023, 11:02:28 PM »

Had the Rockford Fosgate Boom installed. It sounded great compared to the old style Hog Tunes in my 2017. However there was so much Trebble and not a lot of base which is a common complaint. I just switched over to SOUNDZ 800 amp 6 speaker system in my 2020 RG limited and it sounds overall much better. I am not saying it is the best in world but at least it has a little thump and trust me volume 2/3 is all you ever need.

Several friends have gone with there system and this is not an advertisement just an FYI. You can look SOUNDZ up on the internet.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2023, 04:52:27 PM »

In general, I'm liking the new Soundstream head unit.

BUT...

The sound quality in my shop is good with my J&M 6.5" speakers and the later J&M amp for the SERG.  But at highway speeds, the sound quality is really terrible... :(

I can turn up the volume until almost full and still cannot hear it.  My Harmon Kardon unit was solid at highway speeds and quality of sound was also very good.

Anyone else have a dislike for the Soundstream HUHD9813.RG???

Hope I can get this working the way it should.  Also out in the sunlight, the equalizer is faded out by the sun, can't see any bar or graph.  I can read POP, JAZZ, etc.

Ideas?

Thanks, Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2023, 07:59:43 AM »

In general, I'm liking the new Soundstream head unit.

BUT...

The sound quality in my shop is good with my J&M 6.5" speakers and the later J&M amp for the SERG.  But at highway speeds, the sound quality is really terrible... :(

I can turn up the volume until almost full and still cannot hear it.  My Harmon Kardon unit was solid at highway speeds and quality of sound was also very good.

Anyone else have a dislike for the Soundstream HUHD9813.RG???

Hope I can get this working the way it should.  Also out in the sunlight, the equalizer is faded out by the sun, can't see any bar or graph.  I can read POP, JAZZ, etc.

Ideas?

Thanks, Dan

This could be completely incorrect or not even apply to this particular radio..but it is worth bringing up. When I put in the HDHU14si and connected to my Boom2 Audio the sound was horrible....until I set the BIN code in the Soundstream unit. Not sure if this applies to all amps, but it made a world of difference on my install. Setting it is at 4:25 in this video.....Just guessing that the firmware may be close and just in a different size package.

It may be worth a look. If not, I would contact the vendor you bought it from for help. it should absolutely not sound worse than the stock one.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:03:46 AM by mjb765 »

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2023, 02:58:05 PM »

Sounds exactly like my issues, but I don't have Boom or the later Rushmore style head unit, only as originally installed with the bike, Harmon Kardon.

Yep, sounds great in the shop, but terrible on the road.

Anyone else have the older HK head unit that's replaced it with the new Soundstream head unit?  Do you have the same issues?

Thanks mjb for the tip.

Dan
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 04:00:59 PM by Dan_Lockwood »
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2023, 04:57:28 PM »

Sounds exactly like my issues, but I don't have Boom or the later Rushmore style head unit, only as originally installed with the bike, Harmon Kardon.

Anyone else have the older HK head unit that's replaced it with the new Soundstream head unit?  Do you have the same issues?

Thanks mjb for the tip.

Dan

I know you have the older unit......but I was thinking that BIN code may be in the Soundstream and needs to be set for the J&M amp....... :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2023, 08:35:01 AM »

Thanks mjb for the tip.

Dan

my 2013 has 2 factory amps, i haven't had it on the highway but at 50+ its loud enough and not turned all the way up

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2023, 03:20:11 PM »

I went through all of the screens on the Soundstream and tried all sorts of button combinations, but there does not seem to be a setup BIN screen on the HDRU9813-RG unit.

The symptoms are exactly the same as in the video posted above.  Even are moderate speeds on the road, can hear fairly decently.  But at anything upwards of 60+ mph, forget it.

Hopefully someone will have gone through this and can assist in the setup etc.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2023, 05:29:43 PM »

I went through all of the screens on the Soundstream and tried all sorts of button combinations, but there does not seem to be a setup BIN screen on the HDRU9813-RG unit.

The symptoms are exactly the same as in the video posted above.  Even are moderate speeds on the road, can hear fairly decently.  But at anything upwards of 60+ mph, forget it.

Hopefully someone will have gone through this and can assist in the setup etc.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan

That is close to if not at maximum sucking potential.  While now glad I didn't jump on one of these hate to read your having such a significant issue Dan. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.