Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RumbleOn Motorcycle sales  (Read 675 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
RumbleOn Motorcycle sales
« on: March 08, 2023, 03:10:56 PM »

Just a comment on RumbleOn.  My riding partner moved from Minnesota to Florida when he retired to get away from the cold.  We have been meeting in the middle for 7-10 day rides.  This past summer, on his way home, he suffered a stroke while riding.  Made it to a hotel and they thought he may be drunk or on drugs.  All he could finally get out was 911.  The called an ambulance and got him to a hospital.  His sister flew down and brought him to her home in MN.  He was there for 3 months.  He can walk and move well, but couldn't talk well. He speaks 7 languages, mostly Africa and Kenya stuff.  I couldn't understand him, it came out as gibberish.  It was frustrating for him to say the least.  6 months later he can talk pretty well, but has problems with some words. He also has some cognitive issues with his phone and computer. I flew down to see him.  He realizes he can no longer ride. He lives by himself and wanted to sell his 2016 Ultra Limited with 30K miles.  Since I only had a few days and he can't deal with a buyer, we went to the local dealership for the sale outright.  The dealer was purchased by RumbleOn a few years ago. I understand they have purchased many many dealerships.  They have a cash buy program, but offer next to nothing.  They offered him $8600 and wouldn't come up.  They had the same bike on their lot, same gold color and miles, with a price of $18,000.  He had to take the deal, but cried when he sold it.  There was no time to place an ad anywhere. They had him over a barrel, and he needed out right then.  Sad day.
I got on their site and did a cash now offer for my 2009 CVO Road Glide in perfect shape and removable tour pack and they came back with a cash offer of $3000 for my bike.  Just wondering if others have had any dealings with them or heard any news.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: RumbleOn Motorcycle sales
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 06:28:18 PM »

No experience with them but I think I understand how they are able to buy dealerships.  I’ll double their offer on that RG….just kidding of course.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 07:45:36 PM »

I responded to one of their ads when I was selling my 2010 CVO Street Glide.  Their ad says that they'll pay fair market value but their offer was a joke!  Far below what NADA and KBB showed the bike worth.....even on trade in value.

Needless to say, I passed.  I thought to myself "somebody would have to be in jail and need bail money to deal with them"........but I guess there's extinuating medical issues also.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 10:21:29 PM »

I checked with them once when I was considering selling my 2009 FLTRSE3 and if I remember correctly it was between 3k -4k. Flipped them the Family Friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 07:57:02 AM »

Filled out the form for the hell of it........They offered me $17,600 for my 2020 RG Limited and $26,000 for my 2018 CVO RG. I think not.......I got more for my 2015 CVO StreetGlide.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.