Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '09 CVO Springer OEM Bars  (Read 1985 times)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

'09 CVO Springer OEM Bars
« on: March 16, 2023, 08:46:25 AM »

I found an '09 CVO Springer locally that I'm very interested in. The owner has apes on it and does not have the OEM bars. I'm not an apes guy, if I bought it I would want to put it back to the OEM bars. I have found the part number 56806-09, but I can't find them anywhere. I can find 56806-07 on eBay, but I'm not sure what the differnce between -07 & -09 would be. Can anyone shed some light on this or maybe there is someone on here that has '09 CVO Springer bars laying around they want to sell??

It looks to me like -07 vs -09 is simply the year of the bike they were on. I just don't know how to be 100% sure.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 09:57:34 AM by jamala00 »

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
Re: '09 CVO Springer OEM Bars
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 10:15:14 AM »

Awesome bikes, I have an 07 and 09!  The 2009 bars are slightly lower (less rise) vs the 2007 bars.  They are pretty close and I wouldn't hesitate using the 2007 bars on the 2009, but you may have to reroute some cables and lines.  How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?  I am aware of a few nice ones out there for sale.

For the one you are looking at, you will likely have to replace the throttle cables, brake and clutch lines, shorten wiring, etc. to undo all the stuff they did to put the apes on it.   

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 10:30:52 AM »

Awesome bikes, I have an 07 and 09!  The 2009 bars are slightly lower (less rise) vs the 2007 bars.  They are pretty close and I wouldn't hesitate using the 2007 bars on the 2009, but you may have to reroute some cables and lines.  How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?  I am aware of a few nice ones out there for sale.

For the one you are looking at, you will likely have to replace the throttle cables, brake and clutch lines, shorten wiring, etc. to undo all the stuff they did to put the apes on it.

Ok... Good to know. I may end up ordering the '07 bars. This is the one locally. I don't have a specific max budget, just trying to find one. The only one I come up with on cycle trader is about 8 hrs from me and they are asking $22k?? That seems high...  I'm in Neenah, WI. If you are aware of some nice ones for sale, shoot me the details...I would for sure be interested, especially if they are unmolested!

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »

Message replied!  You can find really nice ones in the $18K range, I wouldn't go $22K on any of these unless it was a time capsule bike. 

Parts for these are getting scarce, so keep that in mind if you are buying one that needs any conversion back to stock. 

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »

Message replied!  You can find really nice ones in the $18K range, I wouldn't go $22K on any of these unless it was a time capsule bike. 

Parts for these are getting scarce, so keep that in mind if you are buying one that needs any conversion back to stock.

I'm finding that out, but ya, thanks for the heads up. Big part of the reason I want one that has not been modded.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 01:39:02 PM »

Called my local HD shop, you can't get $hit for parts for these bikes anymore. I looked on eBay and can't find even a used set of OEM bars.

Any of you guys have OEM bars, forward controls? Or do you know if there is an aftermarket replica of the OEM parts? I could probably deal with the controls that are on
the bike, but I for sure want to repalce the apes back to OEM.  (This bike is local that I'd want to put back to stock)

Or, does anyone live in San Antonio and recomed a good shipping company that can get a bike to WI?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 01:43:41 PM by jamala00 »

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 02:18:54 PM »

Message sent re a shipper.

The 2009 was a one year bike...many changes from the 2007-2008, and nothing like it 2010 to current.  So, yes, finding used parts is nearly impossible!  Even finding an aftermarket exhaust to fit this bike is challenging. 

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 02:49:42 PM »

Message sent re a shipper.

The 2009 was a one year bike...many changes from the 2007-2008, and nothing like it 2010 to current.  So, yes, finding used parts is nearly impossible!  Even finding an aftermarket exhaust to fit this bike is challenging.

Thx... I seen your message and I did contact him. We'll see what he comes back with. I think I've given up on the local bike. I don't want the mods he has and it looks next to impossible to get it back to stock. I'll just look for one that is stock. That one in San Antonio is a gem. We'll have to see if I can work that out. Being a private seller makes it more difficult dealing with funds.

TrAnc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 03:50:15 PM »

hey
2007 and 2008 bars are lower , but there is additional 1" between risers and top triple tree clamp (due to tachometer) . In 2009 there is different handlebar what is higher but without those 1" adapters . So in total they are very similiar. I have also 2007-2008 version in my 09 but I will install 1" riser adapter.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »

hey
2007 and 2008 bars are lower , but there is additional 1" between risers and top triple tree clamp (due to tachometer) . In 2009 there is different handlebar what is higher but without those 1" adapters . So in total they are very similiar. I have also 2007-2008 version in my 09 but I will install 1" riser adapter.

Thanks for that info!

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 09:53:08 AM »

It cost the guy who changed those bars a LOTTA money to do, and major pain as well no doubt.

On my 2008 I did initially contemplate a change of bars to something like Softail Custom "Mini-apes".

Looked well into it and as the Springer bars/risers/factory internal wiring yada yada were model unique it was just too hard basket/brain damage.

Then I got well used to the Springer riding position and well kinda "love" it now....

Good luck with the retrofit to stock if you do end up getting it. I will be very interested to see how it all goes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:55:05 AM by gmeikle »
No illegitimi carborundum

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 10:27:49 AM »

It cost the guy who changed those bars a LOTTA money to do, and major pain as well no doubt.

On my 2008 I did initially contemplate a change of bars to something like Softail Custom "Mini-apes".

Looked well into it and as the Springer bars/risers/factory internal wiring yada yada were model unique it was just too hard basket/brain damage.

Then I got well used to the Springer riding position and well kinda "love" it now....

Good luck with the retrofit to stock if you do end up getting it. I will be very interested to see how it all goes.

I decided not to do it. He ended up selling the bike to someone else. I did find one that I want. (09 CVO Springer).
The seller was communicating with me about it right up until I said I was from WI and had a shipper that would pick it up. Asked if he was OK with a Bank to Bank Wire.
Said he could have his bank call mine or mine call his and all communication stopped. I bought my current CVO Street Glide and my SS Camaro both wire transfer.
Not sure what the issue is. It's been on Marketplace for almost 3 months now. Guess he deosn't really want to sell it.  :nixweiss:

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2023, 08:13:59 AM »

Now that's a nice looking 2009 CVO Springer. FXSTSSE3 I reckon ?

My own 2008 FXSTSSE2 also came from Central Texas. Sold new by Red Rock HD.

I brought it to Perth Western Australia in 2011, with 6,300 miles on it (10,000 Kilometres)

Now done 60,000 K's. Summer all year round here when compared to cold northern states of the USA.

Here's a coupla shots taken over at the Indian Ocean. One has my good mates Anniversary color 2008 FXSTSSE2 present

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023, 08:15:35 AM »

The "pigeon pair" in coastal Perth Western Australia

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2023, 08:28:41 AM »

Now that's a nice looking 2009 CVO Springer. FXSTSSE3 I reckon ?

My own 2008 FXSTSSE2 also came from Central Texas. Sold new by Red Rock HD.

I brought it to Perth Western Australia in 2011, with 6,300 miles on it (10,000 Kilometres)

Now done 60,000 K's. Summer all year round here when compared to cold northern states of the USA.

Here's a coupla shots taken over at the Indian Ocean. One has my good mates Anniversary color 2008 FXSTSSE2 present

Couple nice bikes you have there? Yes, that is a very nice FXSTSSE3... Sure wish the seller would work with me. I think he feels I'm some kind of scammer. Not sure... Left him text messages and voicemail.  :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.