Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Value of these bike  (Read 2410 times)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

Value of these bike
« on: April 02, 2023, 12:53:54 PM »

So looking for honest "opinions" here. If one was going to purchase a green/black 17,500 miles... Original owner. What would be the most you'd pay. He has everything that came with the bike including the "grill"?? He's asking $18,500.00.. I've seen a couple of these sold (that I just missed on) at two different dealers for $14,500.00. (Both has less mileage) I see them listed at dealers right now between $22 - 24k... They have been listed for a LONG time and not selling. What is a fair prices for these bikes right now? If I look at KBB, it list the value about $15k... Most I see listed around this price are not selling.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/495636729294601/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:28:05 PM by jamala00 »

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: Value of these bike
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 01:11:13 PM »

The key there is ASKING price. If you are able to, go look at it and see what you think about the bikes condition and so on. Then figure what YOU feel is a fair price after all of your research and make them an offer based on your findings. Fair negotiations should be just that and not a pissing match. Maybe you'll make a new friend.  :nixweiss:
The number that others throw out here are just their opinions (which is what your asking for) but at the end of the day what you are willing to pay for the right bike is up to you and you alone.

Let us know what you decide.

Good luck!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 01:24:31 PM »

The key there is ASKING price. If you are able to, go look at it and see what you think about the bikes condition and so on. Then figure what YOU feel is a fair price after all of your research and make them an offer based on your findings. Fair negotiations should be just that and not a pissing match. Maybe you'll make a new friend.  :nixweiss:
The number that others throw out here are just their opinions (which is what your asking for) but at the end of the day what you are willing to pay for the right bike is up to you and you alone.

Let us know what you decide.

Good luck!

Thanks... Yes... I get the whole "the only thing that matters is what I'm comfortable paying"... You are right.. I'm asking what others feel their CVO Springer is worth. I've done a lot of research and as mentioned above seen bikes sell from $14.5K with bikes listed all the way up to $24k. Just trying to gauge what guys who own these bikes feel they are truly worth. Yes, I'm asking for "opinions" :-)

He's about 3.5 hours away. Was thinking about making a trip over on Fri. (Guess I'll have to have a uHaul trailer on the back of my truck just in case) LOL
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:27:23 PM by jamala00 »

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 09:02:00 PM »

What is the grill?  That’s too much for one with that mileage. A 2009 with 17K miles is worth about $15K. For $18,500 you can get a collectors bike - under 5K miles and mint.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 09:20:12 PM »

What is the grill?  That’s too much for one with that mileage. A 2009 with 17K miles is worth about $15K. For $18,500 you can get a collectors bike - under 5K miles and mint.

I'm honestly not sure what the grill is? Just said he even has the grill it came with. You are right about where I was thinking. $15k is about where I'd want to be.

There is one I found that was $18k and had 700 original miles. He was talking with me until I said I was from WI and would line up a shipper. Some guys don't want to deal with out of state buyer... I get it, but was really hopping to get my hands on that one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/611870094039022/

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 09:41:59 PM »

Yea, I’m the one that sent you that bike. Too bad it didn’t work out. Be patient, they are out there. Many at too high of a price, but with this economy prices are only dropping.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 09:53:05 PM »

Yea, I’m the one that sent you that bike. Too bad it didn’t work out. Be patient, they are out there. Many at too high of a price, but with this economy prices are only dropping.

Ohhh. lol forgot that was you. :-)... I'll just keep looking. He's got that bike still posted, so even at $18k he's not getting any takers.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 09:19:35 AM »

That's Too much.
I know its not apples to apples but I bought a 2010 CVO Softail Convertible
with only 2,500 miles on it last August for $11,800. There are deals to be found.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 09:24:21 AM »

That's Too much.
I know its not apples to apples but I bought a 2010 CVO Softail Convertible
with only 2,500 miles on it last August for $11,800. There are deals to be found.

Ya... Agreed... KBB is right around $15k... I'm just going to have to keep looking.

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 10:27:38 AM »

Thanks... Yes... I get the whole "the only thing that matters is what I'm comfortable paying"... You are right.. I'm asking what others feel their CVO Springer is worth. I've done a lot of research and as mentioned above seen bikes sell from $14.5K with bikes listed all the way up to $24k. Just trying to gauge what guys who own these bikes feel they are truly worth. Yes, I'm asking for "opinions" :-)

He's about 3.5 hours away. Was thinking about making a trip over on Fri. (Guess I'll have to have a uHaul trailer on the back of my truck just in case) LOL

I get you are asking for opinions from CVO Springer owners, but rayson56 said it best.
You’ve done your research, have some opinions, so hopefully you find one priced what you think it is worth to you.
Pushing your facts at a seller to lower their price though might turn them off, in these times private transactions are sketchy as it is.
I’m not interested in selling mine, it is a hot mess that local dealer & HD would not honor warranty on so I wouldn’t get much for it so I’m not going to give it away, I’d rather keep it until I die or give it to one of my grandkids that would appreciate & fix a few things & enjoy it, it is truly a one of a kind model, well 1 of only 2,500 made.
Good luck…

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 10:44:01 AM »

I get you are asking for opinions from CVO Springer owners, but rayson56 said it best.
You’ve done your research, have some opinions, so hopefully you find one priced what you think it is worth to you.
Pushing your facts at a seller to lower their price though might turn them off, in these times private transactions are sketchy as it is.
I’m not interested in selling mine, it is a hot mess that local dealer & HD would not honor warranty on so I wouldn’t get much for it so I’m not going to give it away, I’d rather keep it until I die or give it to one of my grandkids that would appreciate & fix a few things & enjoy it, it is truly a one of a kind model, well 1 of only 2,500 made.
Good luck…

Thx...! I was going to trade my CVO Street Glide that has a stage 1. The HD shops told me they wouldn’t give me much for it but whole sale because they'd send it off to auction because it's "flagged" by  the MoCo and the dealer can't sell an aftermarket warranty... If I ever decide to sell my bike I'll be looking at private sale. I won't trade it in if that's the case.

I'll come across the right springer, just need to be patient. Avoid the bikes that are listed at the sentimental prices.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:54:30 AM by jamala00 »

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 01:07:16 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what the grill is? Just said he even has the grill it came with. You are right about where I was thinking. $15k is about where I'd want to be.

There is one I found that was $18k and had 700 original miles. He was talking with me until I said I was from WI and would line up a shipper. Some guys don't want to deal with out of state buyer... I get it, but was really hopping to get my hands on that one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/611870094039022/

Don't let that stop you. I flew from Seattle to Phoenix last October to purchase my last bike and had an awesome time riding it back home!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2023, 01:25:04 PM »

Don't let that stop you. I flew from Seattle to Phoenix last October to purchase my last bike and had an awesome time riding it back home!

He won't answer me anymore. Maybe it's just a scam post, not sure.... but I've texted and left him a couple voicemails. So I can't line up flying down and riding it back even if I wanted to... (Which I honestly have no desire to do.)  ;)

I'm leaning on the idea that, that particular ad is a scam. An '09 limited number CVO Springer with only 700 original miles. 3 months on marketplace and not sold? If it's a legit ad then what these other people are asking for bikes that have 17k + miles on them for even more money are just priced ridiculous.

This one started at $28k now down to $23k. I called them... They were willing to come "all the say down to $19.5k... LOL

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2009-Harley-Davidson-Softail+CVO+Springer-5023307098

Many of these bikes are priced at sentimental prices. I'm going to keep an eye on the one over here by me. It's only 3.5 hours away. I'll see if is listed for a couple months... I'll reach back out.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 01:34:40 PM by jamala00 »

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2023, 12:33:01 AM »

The one thing I noticed is the CVO springer, let alone any HD springer, it’s an up & down market, most everyone loves the old school vibe but a lot think of them as just a bar hopper or extra bike for some variety, while some of us think of our springer as our main ride.

It wasn’t too long ago I was told it was a seller’s market for my bike & I could get big money for it, with HD not putting out as many new bikes and the used inventory was low, that is the big bikes, but I seen even some Sportsters selling high, I don’t know.

All I know is I love riding my 2009 CVO Springer, it’s my first & only bike, what I imagined as the perfect bike for me, old school springer, softail frame, with modern custom look with its 240 rear tire & unique styling & paint.

Anyway, good luck, it will probably come down to timing, hopefully when you are still in the market for one.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2023, 06:12:46 AM »

The one thing I noticed is the CVO springer, let alone any HD springer, it’s an up & down market, most everyone loves the old school vibe but a lot think of them as just a bar hopper or extra bike for some variety, while some of us think of our springer as our main ride.

It wasn’t too long ago I was told it was a seller’s market for my bike & I could get big money for it, with HD not putting out as many new bikes and the used inventory was low, that is the big bikes, but I seen even some Sportsters selling high, I don’t know.

All I know is I love riding my 2009 CVO Springer, it’s my first & only bike, what I imagined as the perfect bike for me, old school springer, softail frame, with modern custom look with its 240 rear tire & unique styling & paint.

Anyway, good luck, it will probably come down to timing, hopefully when you are still in the market for one.

Thx...! all very true. I'll find one... It took me a while to find my CVO Street Glide I have as well, but eventually the right one came up. Had it shipped up to me here in WI from a dealer in New Mexico.

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.