Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Problems Inside Primary  (Read 25791 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Problems Inside Primary
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

That's what Zanotti's shows too. But they still show the one w/o the "A", 31619-06 as the Black one. What about Chicago? Do they show it as "A"? MY SERK Parts Book shows the "A". I'm curious whether my starter is the "A" mod or an older one. That's one way to make sure they replace it! I'm hoping they w.....ty my starter. Then I'll pay the $150 difference and no labor for the chrome one.. Maybe HD just wanted me to have their chrome chit. That's why this happened! ::) Hoist! 8)

The a version does not show up on the Chicago web sight.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 08:42:08 PM »

The a version does not show up on the Chicago web sight.

Strange things going on in Harley Partsland! It's clearly Rev "A" in the SERK Parts Catalog (99433-07), p.43! Hopefully it won't matter and I'll be getting the chrome one which is an "A" mod! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 08:55:47 PM »

Thanks Rog, and thanks for the input Mikey, and welcome to Full Club membership with your 100th Post! I haven't heard anything about an ECM flash, but the PC should be able to take care of timing issues, once I dyno it. I hadn't heard about these timing issues from anyone else yet. The tech said that the jackshaft pinion gear wasn't returning fast enough, causing this. He attributed this to a bad starter as the main culprit in the chain of events. Who knows. I hope he replaces as much as they let him. He's a pretty good guy, but I guess they have procedures, for certain failures, that the factory must get involved in. I'll see what they come back with, once it's apart. Hoist! 8)

Hoist,  The ECM flash was the recall for all 2007 engines released October /November last year for Torque smoothing.
My dealer explained it was to avoid issues with slamming the throttle while lugging the motor sub 1800RPM.
Actually I had it installed last week and it improved the shift points.  Before the flash, I felt I was always in the wrong gear as in carrying a passenger.  Too much hifting.  Your sERK would already have this ECM flash.
Happy Easter! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »

Hoist,  The ECM flash was the recall for all 2007 engines released October /November last year for Torque smoothing.
My dealer explained it was to avoid issues with slamming the throttle while lugging the motor sub 1800RPM.
Actually I had it installed last week and it improved the shift points.  Before the flash, I felt I was always in the wrong gear as in carrying a passenger.  Too much hifting.  Your sERK would already have this ECM flash.
Happy Easter! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Thanks skremin, I'll have them check it when I'm there next week. I didn't hear about that one. Only the rear cylinder cut-out one. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 07:26:46 PM »

The bike's at the dealer. They'll take it apart tomorrow and get their authorizations from the Factory. I'm expecting a new starter (chrome) and clutch hub. That will fix the broken junk. He'll put on a chrome inner primary too. That's all providing he has to remove the inner and that the starter gets replaced under w.....ty.

Speedo's on the fritz too! Reads LLLLLL instead of miles on the odometer. He's gonna check it and probably replace that too. He's gonna try to get the bike back to me before York! So far, no Wednesday bike! But the new handlebars are great! ::)

Hoist! 8)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »

http://www.compufire.com/pages/harley-main.html

Thanks Puzzled, but I don't think MoCo's paying for that stuff. That's what they should be using in the first place though! ;) Hoist! 8)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »

No, I don't suspect they will. ;D Save that link should it go sour again. ;)
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 09:58:58 PM »

No, I don't suspect they will. ;D Save that link should it go sour again. ;)

Already done. You never know. When I get rid of the ACR's next year, I might just need one! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »

Just got the call from the Tech at HD. The clutch hub with the broken starter ring gear teeth, and the starter with the broken jackshaft pinion gear, both will be replaced. He will use a chrome starter and charge me the difference. The inner primary doesn't have to be removed to do this job, so if I want the chrome inner primary, I have to pay for it, and 1 hour labor. I guess that's fair, but thought it would be no big deal to just change it for me. After all, I'm being inconvenienced with their deficiencies. Whatever, I told him to proceed anyway. Some things are worth fighting about and some aren't! Now you know why I'm making sure my bike is set up right on my own. Fighting over w.....ty is not worth my time. And I know these people pretty well too! I'll save the fighting for the worthwhile things! FTW!!! ;) They're going to try to finish by Wed since they don't have a chrome starter. Cutting it close for York, but I'll keep mt fingers crossed! Hoist! 8)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »

That's good news Howie.  That is going to look sharp.

Hope they get that chrome starter in soon.  They can overnight them but I doubt the moco would spring for the cost to do that, lol.

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »

The bike's at the dealer. They'll take it apart tomorrow and get their authorizations from the Factory. I'm expecting a new starter (chrome) and clutch hub. That will fix the broken junk. He'll put on a chrome inner primary too. That's all providing he has to remove the inner and that the starter gets replaced under w.....ty.

Speedo's on the fritz too! Reads LLLLLL instead of miles on the odometer. He's gonna check it and probably replace that too. He's gonna try to get the bike back to me before York! So far, no Wednesday bike! But the new handlebars are great! ::)

Hoist! 8) hoist, what bars did you end up with. My custom bars are finally coming in on Fri. Do  you have any pictures. Thanks Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »

Just got the call from the Tech at HD. The clutch hub with the broken starter ring gear teeth, and the starter with the broken jackshaft pinion gear, both will be replaced. He will use a chrome starter and charge me the difference. The inner primary doesn't have to be removed to do this job, so if I want the chrome inner primary, I have to pay for it, and 1 hour labor. I guess that's fair, but thought it would be no big deal to just change it for me. After all, I'm being inconvenienced with their deficiencies. Whatever, I told him to proceed anyway. Some things are worth fighting about and some aren't! Now you know why I'm making sure my bike is set up right on my own. Fighting over w.....ty is not worth my time. And I know these people pretty well too! I'll save the fighting for the worthwhile things! FTW!!! ;) They're going to try to finish by Wed since they don't have a chrome starter. Cutting it close for York, but I'll keep mt fingers crossed! Hoist! 8)

Hoist....for an hour labor, that would be a no-brainer for me too.  The chome inner is just something the bike really needs, IMO.  Really sets the whole engine off...

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2007, 08:07:56 PM »

Thanks Jerry, I even told them I'd pay the freight extra. Let's see if they can get it done.

Hey Billy, I used the Wild 1 Chubby 10" Mini Apes WO 515. It worked out great. Just had to change the front brake line.

Yeah Terry, I wouldn't take the whole thing a part just to replace the inner primary. But since it's going to be apart anyway, it's not a bad deal to do it now. i agree, the chrome inner and chrome starter with the true duals, sets everything off nice!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 09:54:31 AM »

Well gang, keep any eye on your starter ring gears! I was told my clutch hub is on National back order because HD's changing the design/materials to try to fix the run of problems their having with the current one. They're not installing them anymore in new bikes. They are using a new PN from here on in, when it's available. They've been making ring gears without problems forever. WTF??? They said the new starter design puts much more stress on the ring gear, requiring a design/material change. Therefore, no SERK for me for a few weeks probably. They better get it back to me before my CVO pickup ride!!! Damn this sucks!!! Needless to say, Hoist is not a happy camper right now! FTF! FTW! Hoist! :o

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.