Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Long time lurker, first time poster  (Read 19578 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Long time lurker, first time poster
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

2002 brandywine FLHRESI with a heavily modded 113

Details!! :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »

Gentlemen,

The 110 issue you ALL speak of has not happened in the dealership I work in and we have sold multiple units with this motor and they all have substantial mileage on them.  There has also been no dealership only service bulletins or tech tips put through by Harley.  I will however make some phone calls to service area reps that I know and see if I can dig up any info for all of you.  No guarantees but if I hear something you will too.  Sorry I can't help to much on this one right now.

Thanks for your reply CTL. :2vrolijk_21:

I appreciate your candor. It would be great to get an unadulterated answer from the MoCo. We'd be thrilled if you'd be able to get that for us. It's surprising your place hasn't seen any issues first hand. An extremely high percentage of people here are experiencing the same problems with these engines. One guy's been back 6 times. I am building my own 110 now, with no HD parts because I couldn't take it anymore. We already know there are no Bulletins or Tech Tips. HD doesn't want this issue documented. I'm not sure you'll be receiving a straight answer from them either. I hope you do. There's no ill intent on my part in asking you this. We're just extremely frustrated right now. Thanks again.

And on to the fun stuff. Can't wait to hear more on that 113! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

cursed_through_life

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

HD SE Forged pistons
HD SE Cylinders
Custom ported and polished heads
HD SE stroker flywheel
HD SE roller rockers and forged support plates
S&S 640G cams
Fueling cam plate, oil pump, and tappets
HD SE 50mm throttle body retro fitted
D&D fat cat 2 into 1
HD high tensile cylinder studs
so on and so on
129 rear wheel horsepower on average

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »

Gentlemen,

The 110 issue you ALL speak of has not happened in the dealership I work in and we have sold multiple units with this motor and they all have substantial mileage on them.  There has also been no dealership only service bulletins or tech tips put through by Harley.  I will however make some phone calls to service area reps that I know and see if I can dig up any info for all of you.  No guarantees but if I hear something you will too.  Sorry I can't help to much on this one right now.

Just so I can understand clearly on this CTL, your saying at the dealership you work at there has been no issues with any 110 motor. It's not that I don't believe you but every dealership I have been to in the past year is aware of the issue. That doesn't mean they have a fix but they are certainly aware of the issue. I find your response amazing! Where is your dealership? Maybe I should buy my next bike there!

And my response isn't intended to offend you but I just find your response amazing!

Let us know what you find!

SB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »

methinks this lurker is a MoCo plant  >:(

what youthinks ?   :nixweiss:

B B

cursed_through_life

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 08:50:08 PM »

Can someone link me to the thread or threads with the most info on the motor issues?  I will be seeing my rep next week and it will be best if I am as educated as possible when bringing this up.  Thanks.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 08:52:32 PM »

Can someone link me to the thread or threads with the most info on the motor issues?  I will be seeing my rep next week and it will be best if I am as educated as possible when bringing this up.  Thanks.

The easiest way would be to search on "Head Gasket" that will get you plenty of info.  :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

cursed_through_life

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

Trust me I am the furthest thing from a "plant".  I thought it would be cool if I could answer questions or help settle debates. I don;t have all the answers and certainly don't know everything, but who does?  I love motorcycles as much as you guys.  I you think I am some sort of undercover HD narc, sorry if that's the way I come across.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »

HD SE Forged pistons
HD SE Cylinders
Custom ported and polished heads
HD SE stroker flywheel
HD SE roller rockers and forged support plates
S&S 640G cams
Fueling cam plate, oil pump, and tappets
HD SE 50mm throttle body retro fitted
D&D fat cat 2 into 1
HD high tensile cylinder studs
so on and so on
129 rear wheel horsepower on average

I don't see you coming across that way at all. That's how we start thinking after the way we've been treated by the MoCo over the 110 issues. Sell your most expensive bikes to a brighter customer, then treat us like idiots. It's actually pretty ballsy and very insulting on the MoCo's part if you ask me. Please don't take it personally. ;)

Are you using the '02 cases? Last of the Timken's . Why not! Do you weld the Flywheels at all? What CR are you setting it up for? I imagine it's at least 10.5:1. Lastly, do you do your own headwork? Interesting build. A few guys here have gone the 113 route. It would be great if you can post some progress pics during the process, as well as the final product. Have fun with it! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 09:01:52 PM »

Trust me I am the furthest thing from a "plant".  I thought it would be cool if I could answer questions or help settle debates. I don;t have all the answers and certainly don't know everything, but who does?  I love motorcycles as much as you guys.  I you think I am some sort of undercover HD narc, sorry if that's the way I come across.

HD narc ,  :D

now that's a good one

B B

cursed_through_life

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »

I can honestly say the 113 was mainly because of the discount I get on SE parts.  The heads were sent out ( I hope no one minds me keeping the location a bit of a "shop secret").  It is 10.5 to 1.  No flywheel welding and there is nothing better than a timken.  The bike has been done for a bit.  I will post some pics as soon as I can get some.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »

I can honestly say the 113 was mainly because of the discount I get on SE parts.  The heads were sent out ( I hope no one minds me keeping the location a bit of a "shop secret").  It is 10.5 to 1.  No flywheel welding and there is nothing better than a timken.  The bike has been done for a bit.  I will post some pics as soon as I can get some.

Hell yeah we mind.

That's the first rule of the site

Spill your guts and spill em fast

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »

2002 brandywine FLHRESI with a heavily modded 113.  

We'd love to see pics when you have a minute.  You will have to wear Rhino Type clothes to sit here now that you have said out loud that you work for a dealership.  There are a lot of others, very helpful like you are offering, just don't let these hard heads run you off.  A Great big CVO welcome to you.  Look forward to your posts.

:coolblue: :cherry:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »

Thanks for the info. And thanks for the help. You've been lurking awhile, so you know the deal here. A very passionate group of people. You need some thick skin once in awhile. But another HD enthusist is always welcome here! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 09:11:28 PM »

2002 brandywine FLHRESI

Sweet.  My all time favorite Harley paint.  This guy is alright no matter what the rest of you say :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.