Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Part numbers for Throttle/Idle cables, Braided, Stock Length  (Read 2472 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

Now that I know it's 28.5 ", anyone have part numbers for braided cables, stock length?

Clutch cable would be nice too?
Any day on the bike is a good day.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
Re: Part numbers for Throttle/Idle cables, Braided, Stock Length
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:00 AM »

Now that I know it's 28.5 ", anyone have part numbers for braided cables, stock length?

Clutch cable would be nice too?

skreminegul07~

CLICK HERE

I don't have everything you are looking for but if you "CLICK" above it will take you to a THREAD here at CVO Harley where if you review reply #1 I have provided some information about some parts I have used.  Actually I believe the "stock" HD OEM part numbers for throttle and idle cables at least for the FXR2 and FXR3 are 26.5" in length. In the above "LINK" you should be able to get the part numbers for the OEM ones I used.  As for the clutch cable I haven't messed with modifying that one yet.....but if someone else doesn't jump in soon hopefully you can get it figured out and let us all know what you chose to do.  I went ahead and reinstalled 28.5" length idle and throttle cables black vinyl for my application. I did replace the brake cable with a goodridge stainless steel braided cable and the Drag Specialties Part number is provided, ended up using a 38" for that one.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Tim

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »

skreminegul07~

CLICK HERE

I don't have everything you are looking for but if you "CLICK" above it will take you to a THREAD here at CVO Harley where if you review reply #1 I have provided some information about some parts I have used.  Actually I believe the "stock" HD OEM part numbers for throttle and idle cables at least for the FXR2 and FXR3 are 26.5" in length. In the above "LINK" you should be able to get the part numbers for the OEM ones I used.  As for the clutch cable I haven't messed with modifying that one yet.....but if someone else doesn't jump in soon hopefully you can get it figured out and let us all know what you chose to do.  I went ahead and reinstalled 28.5" length idle and throttle cables black vinyl for my application. I did replace the brake cable with a goodridge stainless steel braided cable and the Drag Specialties Part number is provided, ended up using a 38" for that one.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,

Tim

Tim,
I did install the Barnett which are 32" according to them.  They seem to be identical to the stock length.  They list the same cables for the FXR2/# also.  The clutch cable Barnett lists as different from 1999 to 2000.  In 2000 they call it 60".  I believe the 1999 was a couple of inches longer.  I have not bought the clutch cable yet.  Will do that when I install the easy pull clutch upgrade this winter.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »

I have part number for clutch and brake cables, Goodridge chrome braided .... HOWEVER they are not stock length, they are longer than stock quite a bit because of the bars that I installed. 

IF you want them I'll dig them up.

Easy Pull clutch this winter, I'd like to put one on my bike   ;D
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.