Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Transmission Gear Set With Surprising Damage  (Read 30964 times)

Compu_blast

• 1990 Flh~s
Re: Transmission Gear Set With Surprising Damage
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

Can't rule anything out.  Starship Enterprise might have slingshot around the sun gaining so much speed it came back in time, orbited once, beamed mutant metal munching space ninjas in to the gear box and then headed back out of orbit off to visit the pleasure palaces of the 7th Nebula of Xanadu.  Might have.  But I don't think that was it either ::) .
Just piled up a 5 speed in my 90 Flh~What am i lookin at to upgrad to a 6 speed ya think ?$$

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »

Just piled up a 5 speed in my 90 Flh~What am i lookin at to upgrad to a 6 speed ya think ?$$

33101-03A is the six speed gear set from HD.  About $2100 full MSRP.  Fits 1990 to 2000.  Because of the fitment not a real commonly sold item anymore.  That may be to your benefit.

Get your local parts counter to hop on HD-Net and see what dealerships have old stock.  Find someone who has had a high dollar gear set on the shelf for a long time and talk them down a bit.  I got the same gear set you need for my 2000 SERG.  Scored it on eBay for $950 if I remember correctly.  Some dealer listed it as old open box inventory and no one else bid.

Just checked out in the garage for the five speed gear set that came out of the SERG.  It would have got you going again.  Didn't find it though.  Must have given it away to someone else already :confused5: .  If I find it will post here.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »

33101-03A is the six speed gear set from HD.  About $2100 full MSRP.  Fits 1990 to 2000.  Because of the fitment not a real commonly sold item anymore.  That may be to your benefit.

Get your local parts counter to hop on HD-Net and see what dealerships have old stock.  Find someone who has had a high dollar gear set on the shelf for a long time and talk them down a bit.  I got the same gear set you need for my 2000 SERG.  Scored it on eBay for $950 if I remember correctly.  Some dealer listed it as old open box inventory and no one else bid.

Just checked out in the garage for the five speed gear set that came out of the SERG.  It would have got you going again.  Didn't find it though.  Must have given it away to someone else already :confused5: .  If I find it will post here.

I've got my old one out of my "06 Haze, Just takin up space...You need it it's your's, Just pay the freight...   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »

I've got my old one out of my "06 Haze, Just takin up space...You need it it's your's, Just pay the freight...   

The 06 gears won't go in his 1990 bike Greg.  He needs 1990-2000.

Was farting around in the garage yesterday and while doing so looked for the gearset from the 2000.  Couldn't find it.  After digging for it think I remember sending it to Blaine awhile back.  Not sure.  But it's not here though. 

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »

The 06 gears won't go in his 1990 bike Greg.  He needs 1990-2000.

Was farting around in the garage yesterday and while doing so looked for the gearset from the 2000.  Couldn't find it.  After digging for it think I remember sending it to Blaine awhile back.  Not sure.  But it's not here though. 
Hell that's why I offered it...Just kdding, thought he was talking about the infamous " Cherry "...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.