Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Hawg Halters Calipers  (Read 24482 times)

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Hawg Halters Calipers
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 11:50:22 AM »

Putting brembos up front on a Cherry.......OMG!!!  (Uh oh, I'm starting to sound like my teenage daughter...)

I freakin' love Brembos--have them on my Aprilia Tuono.  Would definately want them up front.  For the rear, I want a good brake, but not something so sensitive that it may be inclined to grab or lock up too quickly.  Like BLM (and others), the front brake takes care of the vast majority of my braking activities.  Which is a good thing, because my right hand can add or reduce pressure with much more subtlety than my right boot is capable of.  I'll look into the Lyndall pads for the rear......assuming that Siefried's Saga has a certain outcome, of course....

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 01:40:51 PM »

Putting brembos up front on a Cherry.......OMG!!!  (Uh oh, I'm starting to sound like my teenage daughter...)

I freakin' love Brembos--have them on my Aprilia Tuono.  Would definately want them up front.  For the rear, I want a good brake, but not something so sensitive that it may be inclined to grab or lock up too quickly.  Like BLM (and others), the front brake takes care of the vast majority of my braking activities.  Which is a good thing, because my right hand can add or reduce pressure with much more subtlety than my right boot is capable of.  I'll look into the Lyndall pads for the rear......assuming that Siefried's Saga has a certain outcome, of course....

I think you'll find the Lyndall pads on the HD calipers will work well for you.  The compliment the Brembo fronts and, at least to me, create a smooter feel with less chance of a grab and lock up than the OEM pads.

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 03:23:23 PM »

Let's see.....engine modifications, brake upgrades.....the more time I spend on this site, the higher the Harley tax gets.  And that just doesn't seem right to me.  Can't the MoFoMoCo give the serious enthusiasts (like us) a break on parts/installation.....but perhaps I'm not advancing my own cause by referring to "the MoFoMoCo"......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 04:11:42 PM »

Let's see.....engine modifications, brake upgrades.....the more time I spend on this site, the higher the Harley tax gets.  And that just doesn't seem right to me.  Can't the MoFoMoCo give the serious enthusiasts (like us) a break on parts/installation.....but perhaps I'm not advancing my own cause by referring to "the MoFoMoCo"......

Damn Zig, at least most of us had a pile of parts here waiting on a bike that we'd alread bought.  You're hoovering parts and haven't even flown out to look at the bike yet.  You're a sick sick man......    [smiley=nervous.gif]

(not that that's a bad thing)

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

Yea, yea, I know, and 'hoovering' is about the right term.  The flight is tomorrow.  In 24 hours I will have seen the future, and it will be good (but improvable-upon, of course).

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 05:30:41 PM »

Yea, yea, I know, and 'hoovering' is about the right term.  The flight is tomorrow.  In 24 hours I will have seen the future, and it will be good (but improvable-upon, of course).

Good luck on the trip.  Hope what you find is as good and attractive as what you are hoping for.  Just glad you're getting there before those other dozen or potential shoppers all descend on the same bike.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2005, 05:34:45 PM »

Good luck on the trip.  Hope what you find is as good and attractive as what you are hoping for.  Just glad you're getting there before those other dozen or potential shoppers all descend on the same bike.

Before?? My buddy is going tonight [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Siegfried

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 05:57:58 PM »

Jeez--you two again??  Can't you find anyone else to go 'play with'??

Yuck it up all you want--we'll see who's laughing later.  (What am I talking about??  If this thing goes as planned, I'm going to have a meltdown when I see my next bank statement, given the bike cost, Harley tax, etc. Why am I doing this again??  Oh yea, to entertain you guys.)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 05:59:54 PM »

Yuck it up all you want--we'll see who's laughing later.  (What am I talking about??  If this thing goes as planned, I'm going to have a meltdown when I see my next bank statement, given the bike cost, Harley tax, etc. Why am I doing this again??  Oh yea, to entertain you guys.)

You'll be laughing I'm sure! When you get the Cherry out on the road you just can't help it.

Good Luck Tomorrow! [smiley=cherry.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 06:01:02 PM »

Don't be too concerned.  It's just the hazing that goes with joining the great Cherry fraternity.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2005, 10:50:41 PM »

Everyone,

I have been following this post with great interest. Ironically, last month I picked up an excellent complete set of Brembo Parts off eBay, got the Two Front & Back Floating Rotors, Calipers, and Shoes and the Russel SS Brake Lines. The calipers are Gold, and the Brembo Floating Rotors are Gold & Black. The guy was from California (Wes Last Name, I forgot), he is moving to Lake Havusu.

Won't be able to report on them until sometime in February, as bike is in Phoenix and I won't be down till then.

TallyClassic

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 11:15:50 AM »

Hawg Halters are excellent brakes.  Clean lines and design, quieter and stopped better than stock.  Used their rotors too, although I think PM has nicer rotors.  All in all, they are probably not at Brembro status, but a worthwhile choice.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2005, 07:21:53 PM »

Thanks for the replies, everyone!  I went with the Brembo calipers front and rear.  Pictures when the bike comes home and a full ride report probably late-March or so, once we're out of the frozen tundra here.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2005, 09:00:24 PM »

May as well chime in I think I posted this in the SEEG section about a year ago when I install the Brembos on Ethel.  They are without a dought the best brakes I have ever had on a HD I went with the 4 piston 4 pad front caliper and the 12.6in rotors and the rear caliper and rotor.  They will indeed get the rear off the ground.  The only problem I have incountered is in the fact that they are self retacting so they do not have constant contact with the rotor thus no heat which when ridin in the rain can be somewhat interesting until you adapt to them. I have a set on the shelf for the new SEUC whenit arrives.  Also QTM is great to deal with as I had a bad caliper they overnighted a replacement for free.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10:28 PM »

Magoo, thanks for the heads-up on the rain situation.  I proabably never would've given that a moments thought if you hadn't said something.  I got the 2-pad jobbies since I am staying with the stock rotors but they are still self-retracting.  Probably won't be quite the setup you have, but should still be a noticeable improvement over stock, for only a few more $$$ than the chrome H-D calipers cost.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 21 queries.