Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Hawg Halters Calipers  (Read 24478 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Hawg Halters Calipers
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2006, 08:54:53 PM »

Yeah, that's the ones I got.....BLM777 recommended them to me awhile back and I'm finally bought 'em today.  I don't hurry into some of these things. :-[  Har! [smiley=drink.gif]  spyder
Nothing wrong w/that I'm not getting them until I need them. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I could probably buy a couple pieces of chrome before they will be needed. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2006, 09:25:07 PM »

Well, Brian, I've finally worn out my stock pads and bought the Lyndall pads for my front brakes....gonna just try that and hope to be satisfied.  :-? If not, I'll be contacting you for a [highlight]ballpark total[/highlight] on the Brembo ' up-grade'.  Har!  :) spyder

Spyder, to get a ballpark estimate for the Brembos, take one $h!t-pile, add a crap load, and divide by too much. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »

Spyder, to get a ballpark estimate for the Brembos, take one $h!t-pile, add a crap load, and divide by too much. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Was aFraid of that!  [smiley=nervous.gif] har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2006, 10:53:17 AM »

Yeah, that's the ones I got.....BLM777 recommended them to me awhile back and I'm finally bought 'em today.  I don't hurry into some of these things. :-[  Har! [smiley=drink.gif]  spyder

Have heard good things about Lyndall pads from several that have used them.  Another possible consideration is DP.  I've had them on the red bike since new.  Just changed the backs with over 20k on them and after getting them off realized it wasn't really necessary yet.  Still had close to 20% of the pad left.  They brake very well, never fade, are very very good about not leaving much dust behind and seem to last nearly forever.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2006, 11:05:21 AM »

Have heard good things about Lyndall pads from several that have used them.  Another possible consideration is DP.  I've had them on the red bike since new.  Just changed the backs with over 20k on them and after getting them off realized it wasn't really necessary yet.  Still had close to 20% of the pad left.  They brake very well, never fade, are very very good about not leaving much dust behind and seem to last nearly forever.
Are the DP pads the 'stock' MoCo pads that come on our bikes?  My rear brakes have 40K on them and still have plenty of life left (of course, I  use the rear brakes sparingly)  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2006, 11:10:47 AM »

Are the DP pads the 'stock' MoCo pads that come on our bikes?  My rear brakes have 40K on them and still have plenty of life left (of course, I  use the rear brakes sparingly)  :) spyder

Now they're not Spyder.  DP and Lyndall are both significant improvement over stock pads.  I tend to use the rear brake a fair amount.  For me having a set of rear pads that will have lasted 25K is a good bit better than what stock pads would have done.  The longevity is hardly a consideration compared to the other things though.  They do brake better and do so without fade and they churn up much much less brake dust.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »

.  I tend to use the rear brake a fair amount. .
Yeah, Seems as if I remember you using/or not using the rear brakes once while rubber-necking some honeys walking down the road in bikinis......just what was the deal on that episode, any way?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] har!  :o spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2006, 11:32:42 AM »

Yeah, Seems as if I remember you using/or not using the rear brakes once while rubber-necking some honeys walking down the road in bikinis......just what was the deal on that episode, any way?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] har!  :o spyder

That was a long time ago.  Hadn't thought about it in some time  ;D .  Problem there wasn't so much the use or misuse of brakes but the watching of girls instead of watching of road.  The equation would've been something like this:

Where TA = Girls Walking From Creek and Flashing Motorcycle Rider

And RB = Red Bike

And UUC = Unnoticed Upcoming Curve

And OS = OH chit

(RB+TA)/UUC=OS

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2006, 11:36:33 AM »

That was a long time ago.  Hadn't thought about it in some time  ;D .  Problem there wasn't so much the use or misuse of brakes but the watching of girls instead of watching of road.  The equation would've been something like this:

Where TA = Girls Walking From Creek and Flashing Motorcycle Rider

And RB = Red Bike

And UUC = Unnoticed Upcoming Curve

And OS = OH chit

(RB+TA)/UUC=OS
That's a hazard that many more of us than just the RB face on a frequent basis... :-*...especially at the major rallys.  [smiley=nervous.gif] har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2006, 11:44:37 AM »

spyder,

I seriously doubt that H-D uses the DP pads 2-lane was talking about.  Just based on the amount of brake dust generated by the stock pads, not to mention the actual braking performance, I would have to say no.  BTW - the current part numbers for our bikes are DP-957 (DP918 previous number, not sure what the difference is), and LR7195Z for the Lyndall's.  Similar in price, with the main difference being the DP's are sintered metal and the Lyndall's are carbon/Kevlar.  The DP's also use a ceramic coating between the pad and caliper piston to reduce heat transfer to the fluid, which should improve fade resistance under extreme use.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »

the current part numbers for our bikes are DP-957 (DP918 previous number, not sure what the difference is)

The difference between the DP918 and the DP957 is small.  The 957 is correct for 05 and newer bikes due to some small lengthening of the pad surface.  You can still use the 918s on 05 and newer though if you happen to have them.  I used 918s when the bike was new as the 957s didn't exist yet.  Put the 957s on the rear this time.  Holding them side by side you can see a difference.  But you see it and you think "that little difference was worth a manufacturing change?".

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »

current part numbers for our bikes are DP-957 (DP918 previous number, not sure what the difference is), and LR7195Z for the Lyndall's.   Jerry
Thanks Jerry.  That's the part # on the Lyndalls I got (with the exception that '[highlight]plus[/highlight]' is added to the end of the #.  Hope that's not a problem.  I'll give 'um a try and hope for the best.  I've heard that[highlight] longevity [/highlight]is the downside to the carbon/kevlar.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 22 queries.