Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Hawg Halters Calipers  (Read 24563 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Hawg Halters Calipers
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2006, 01:08:43 PM »

They look nice 103.  Did you get the info on seating the pads to the rotors?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »

Magoo, yeah I did.  From memory, it goes something like: ride a couple miles with the brakes on then run 'er up to 60 mph and do a panic stop.  Repeat 9 times.  The tech that installed them said he did four of the six (thought only four was required), so I'm gonna start all over from the beginning.  He said after the first one, smoke started rolling off the pads!  Should be interesting to see. :o

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2006, 03:07:04 PM »

This is the bed-in procedure from the Brembo site:

Should new discs and pads be bedded in and if so, how?
The answer is yes, for optimum performance, any time different friction materials or discs are introduced, a bedding procedure should be carried out.
·      While the vehicle is stationary, pump brakes to ensure a firm pedal.
·      Drive the vehicle cautiously to test fit and function.
·      The brakes should be smooth, with no vibrations, judder, etc.
·      Drive the vehicle to a remote area and perform at least 30 brake applications of 3-second duration. Use light/medium deceleration with varying starting speeds. Leave at least ½ mile between each brake application.
·      The purpose of this procedure is to gradually increase the temperature in the components without inducing thermal shock, and to mate the brake pad and disc friction surfaces.
·      After the repeated stops, drive the vehicle for several miles with little or no braking in order to adequately cool the components.
·      After the above process is completed, the system is ready for normal use.
·      When the system achieves elevated brake temperatures for the first time, a slight increase in pedal travel and pedal effort may occur. After this first "fade" and proper cooling, the system will maintain its optimum performance at all temperatures.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

Wow, Jerry, that's a lot less aggressive than the sheet that was packaged with my brakes.  I'll scan and post it tonight.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2006, 08:59:55 PM »

Think mine said warm up brakes then do 10 stops from 60-30mph and then 10 from 30-10mph stop and let brakes cool completely.  When I did it they did get very hot.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2006, 09:21:33 PM »

Magoo, that's what mine says, but I forgot, the d@mn paper is in the bike's tour-pak and the bike is not at my house. [smiley=oops.gif]  I'll grab the sheet this weekend and post it up when I do.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:22:11 PM by 103tHunDer »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2006, 10:01:44 PM »

Be warned the grab real well if you squeeze hard especially when warmed up.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

Finally remembered to grab the instructions that came with my calipers when I was with the bike today so I could scan it.  Seating directions are on page 2.

Page 1:

« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 09:03:46 PM by 103tHunDer »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2006, 09:02:19 PM »

Page 2:

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2006, 06:32:53 AM »

ok the brembos for the 06 vrod will not work on the seeg without some sort of bracket that I could not find.  I sold the pair that I bought on ebay for 300 for 442 and made about 125 after shipping/ebay and paypal charges.  Oh well, no brembos for now.  With the new Zippers stuff on the horizen my dollars are going back into the going category vs the stopping catagory.  JP [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:55 AM »

ok the brembos for the 06 vrod will not work on the seeg without some sort of [highlight]bracket that I could not find.[/highlight]  I sold the pair that I bought on ebay for 300 for 442 and made about 125 after shipping/ebay and paypal charges.  Oh well, no brembos for now.  With the new Zippers stuff on the horizen my dollars are going back into the going category vs the stopping catagory.  JP [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
pappy,

Try this place for the brackets:

http://www.qtmi.com/frontbrakes.html

http://www.qtmi.com/rearbrakes.html

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2006, 10:39:35 PM »

Regardless of how well they work,,, The Bracket that adapts the "Universal" Brembo caliper to the HD fork is "MICKEY MOUSE", extra bolts etc. Just nasty looking compared to all other brands.
The Lyndall Z+ pads work good, I installed them all around last month. BUT, they make more noise and DO NOT WORK AS WELL in the rain as the DP918 (or whatever the new 05-06 part # is). The DP's are just impossible to beat day in and day out. Very well made, ceramic backing, no dust and no NOISE. I will go back soon. This was one of the things where I overthougth and let the web influence me on. I bought the Lyndall based on other folks opinion vs my own experience, won't happen again.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2006, 05:35:03 PM »

Regardless of how well they work,,, The Bracket that adapts the "Universal" Brembo caliper to the HD fork is [highlight]"MICKEY MOUSE"[/highlight], extra bolts etc. Just nasty looking compared to all other brands.

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif] :P [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »

HAR !!!  That was a good one, Brian.  Enjoyed grinning for a change today.  Been wrestling w/ a new computer today.....aaarrrgh.  Needed the laugh.  It looks fine.....how can it not w/ EXTRA CHROME !!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2006, 07:43:13 PM »

Spyder, glad I could make ya grin!  You musta showed that new 'puter who's boss since you're postin', huh?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.