Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Who Has / Likes Lowers On Their SERG?  (Read 48616 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Who Has / Likes Lowers On Their SERG?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:26:33 PM »

hell, i said i'd never have a windshield. :drink:

i'm trying figure out where to install the blu ray.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 10:42:40 PM »

I have lowers on my SERG and I like the looks of the fairing lowers, but the heat is a HUGE problem. Today for example, outside temperature is 87 degrees, 21% humidity and I am traveling 65-75 mph and sweat is running down my face, my crotch feels like it is burning up and I am not really enjoying the ride. My clothing consisted of riding boots, jeans, a dry-wick t-shirt and my helmet. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to stop at any intersections on the way home, but that was just wishful thinking.
Between painting the house, several weekends camping up in the hills and weekend guests, it hasn't been my busiest summer for riding so I haven't bothered to take off the lowers. I do like the extra protection of the lowers for Fall/Winter/Spring riding, but I am thinking that I am a fool for leaving them on in the Summer. I installed a set of RJ Original heat deflectors and that helped a little, but it did not magically fix the friggin extreme heat problem that is inherent with these 110 engines. Other mods include drilled cat, SSERT, and dyno tune.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »

love em but what do i know! who does the paint? can he match CVO COLORS?
my painter can match the CVO colors as he did on mine, he charges 3-400.00 depending on how many colors and if any repairs need to be made. you can ship them to me, i do any mods, i.e. vents, speakers, we paint and then ship them back. am putting together a package for Klaus-highjagger- now
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 07:58:30 AM »

Alright Larry,  hook us up with the painter.  I've got a King that needs to be SSERG'd. 
he can do a TP no Problem, shoot me a PM

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 08:02:07 AM »

I have lowers on my SERG and I like the looks of the fairing lowers, but the heat is a HUGE problem. Today for example, outside temperature is 87 degrees, 21% humidity and I am traveling 65-75 mph and sweat is running down my face, my crotch feels like it is burning up and I am not really enjoying the ride. My clothing consisted of riding boots, jeans, a dry-wick t-shirt and my helmet. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to stop at any intersections on the way home, but that was just wishful thinking.
Between painting the house, several weekends camping up in the hills and weekend guests, it hasn't been my busiest summer for riding so I haven't bothered to take off the lowers. I do like the extra protection of the lowers for Fall/Winter/Spring riding, but I am thinking that I am a fool for leaving them on in the Summer. I installed a set of RJ Original heat deflectors and that helped a little, but it did not magically fix the friggin extreme heat problem that is inherent with these 110 engines. Other mods include drilled cat, SSERT, and dyno tune.
Mine have been on all summer here in Tennessee and no problem, and it gets hotter and more humid here. you said drilled CAT, so there is still alot more in the head pipe. who did the SSERT/Dyno--- Dealership?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 11:17:09 AM »

Mine have been on all summer here in Tennessee and no problem, and it gets hotter and more humid here. you said drilled CAT, so there is still alot more in the head pipe. who did the SSERT/Dyno--- Dealership?

Yes, the dealership did my dyno. I realize that there is still more of the cat in the head pipe, but it gets old continuously dumping money into these bikes to make them rideable and comfortable. I have been reluctant to change out the head pipe and the seat, but I will probably end up replacing both in an effort to make it enjoyable to ride after I decide to dump another $1000.00 into the bike.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 02:25:20 PM »

I prefer the soft lowers, like I used them on
my old Heritage. They fit on the SERG as well.

Bandit
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »

Just have to cut-out the fairing-holders a little bit.
Already used them, as you can see on the first pic.

Bandit.

It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

I have/had  the lowers, ordered them the night I picked up bike, Got the black ones as my  bike is O/B. The inside of them sucked, oversprayed just very poor quality. I had the inside sprayed black clear/coat which made them look O.K..Then when I went to install the gloveboxes the rt one would not fit, it was totally out of shape for the fairing. Dealer ordered me a second one, it wouldn't fit either and also had a hole where the person who installed the vinyl stretched it to tight, dealer ordered another, it would not fit either. Dealer ordered a second lower, non of the three previously ordered glove boxes would fit it either. Harley said it was not a problem they had heard of and requested all stuff be sent back for insp. Dealer warranty guy is an ass, felt it was someone else's job and didn't return them for a month, then parts guy discovered it and sent them back. This started on April 20th, this is August 29th and still no lower or glovebox for rt side.
Harley quality control sucks.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 03:37:04 PM »

Hey Larry , is this a big ass sucker ?
 Is the flow better than with the stock SE-breather ?
Or you did it just for the reason because there is no K&N still available for the stock AC ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »

ya Klaus, it's a Arlen Ness Big Sucker, stge 1. only a little more flow than the stock, but yes, it's so I can run a K&N

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »

my painter can match the CVO colors as he did on mine, he charges 3-400.00 depending on how many colors and if any repairs need to be made. you can ship them to me, i do any mods, i.e. vents, speakers, we paint and then ship them back. am putting together a package for Klaus-highjagger- now
post the pics of klaus package thanks so much!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »

post the pics of klaus package thanks so much!
as it comes together , I will

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »

:orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :mango: :mango: :mango: :mango: :mango: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :apple: :apple: :carrot: :carrot: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
That will be cool .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »

you asked for it

Larry has definitely got my attention!!  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.