Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Lurkers Welcome!  (Read 47061 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Lurkers Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 03:11:17 PM »

Given the reaction to some of the smack that comes out of my "mouth" some days, lurking might be a good thing in my case - - - - - - or at least according to a few people around here.  But hey, it's my opinion and you're enititled to it.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 03:16:49 PM »

Selling the children is definitely the way to go....  but do it early, once they start getting ink and piercing... you're SOL, nobody want 'em then.... 8-)
So whats wrong with ink and piercings? Are you saying we're damaged goods. We think our value increases because we are now 1of a kind. HaHa CYA later,   Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Skylane

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 11:42:55 PM »

Hey JC,   Don't think I'll be able to make Sacramento. Working on seeing what I can do about Cripple Creek. I'll talk to Magoo tomorrow.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2005, 10:28:57 AM »

Hey JC,   Don't think I'll be able to make Sacramento. Working on seeing what I can do about Cripple Creek. I'll talk to Magoo tomorrow.

Well, then we hope to meet you in Cripple Creek in June. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2005, 07:01:54 PM »

Hey JC, you caught me.   My name is John Martin. I have been a member since the first of '05.  I don't post a lot because when I have a question, the answer is usually already here.  Maybe I should post a thanks for the anwers before I ask the question.  I am on here almost every night.  I really enjoy the give and take that you experienced guys do.  I will say that when I have posted, the answers that I recieved  were just what I needed.  I live in Plano, TX and my 05 SEEG, is my third Harley.  Some of the changes I have done to the SE was becasue of things that I have read about on the site.  

Thanks, for the site.  I tell everyone I met that has a SE to look up the site.  I have even told some non CVO  owners about the site.

Thanks again.

johhnymap
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 09:11:42 PM »

Some of the changes I have done to the SE was becasue of things that I have read about on the site.  

Thanks again.

johhnymap

I think most of us could say that Johnny.  Welcome to the site! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 12:56:54 AM »

Name is Andrew and i am new to the site.  I have been riding a 1992 FXRS (which i bought new in 1992). A couple weeks ago, i put my deposit down on the 2006 SEEG which the dealership expects to have by May (that's what they are telling me).  I am planning to take my son on a 5 day motorcycle trip (he will be 10) next year and the wife says the only way i can do that is if i get the full bagger where he can be tucked in nicely behind me.  So, I put the deposit down and am looking forward to hopefully getting the bike before next August.  My tag name is "freefxrs" because after 13  years of riding the FXRS with touring bags and a back seat, i am now able to "free" it up and get rid of the bags and the back seat, get some monkey bars and raise the front a couple inches, thus returning the bike to its chopper routes (now that my SEEG will be my touring bike, i dont need all that crap on the FXRS).

i have already learned quite a bit from the site and look forward to being an active member

best,

Andrew

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 12:32:48 PM »

Hello, my name is Russ, I am from Mt. Pleasant Michigan - about an hour north of Lansing. I have been lurking for some time now after I stumbled accross an 06 Autumn Haze at my dealer that was sold 10 minutes before I walked in over the phone to another dealer, this got the bug going again and I just bought an 04 Orange EG. I have been riding since I was 5, actually 4 but that was a mini bike so I dont count that, after it caught on fire dad got me a "real Bike" and its been 2 wheels ever since with many makes and models along the way including Yamaha, Bultaco, Montessa, Honda, and Harley. Thought my 95 RK was the ultimate and it has hundreds of mods to it, but miss the stereo and weather shelter in the winter months up here in the North. I started getting the itch for a long trip to Belize and possibly Alaska and started to look into a more complete touring model when I saw the 06 and started looking. The o4 is being picked up by a buddy next week in Mass and I should be home for Christmas to see it in the garage. Proffessionally I own my own truck and haul oversized / overweight wood chippers and grinders for a manufacturer here in town all over the country so I will be heading to Dallas while a buddy gets the bike for me. Can't wait! and my wallet is already regretting finding this site!
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2005, 04:24:09 PM »

A lurker caught in the act!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2005, 09:36:10 PM »

Takes one skinny freaking cat to do that on an LCD screen....

JT

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »

Hey! I just did join but I have been a lurker for a while, I dont spend much time on the web so may not get here much. I have a 05 cherry I bought new in april and now have about 14,000 miles on. A friend turned me on to your site, of who also has a 04 o&b seeg. I just asked him about us riding out to the rockeys for the rally
chances are you will see us there,were only about 8 hours from there so it should be an easy trip for us. thanks for your hospitality and will chat again! JT

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JT,
  Welcome to the Site, Man!  You've definitely had that  [smiley=cherry.gif]SEEG in the wind!  You'll enjoy it here!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »

Thank's for the invite. I guess I've been lurking for almost a year. I have 05 SEEG. Had a road king classic before. My wife road a sporster. She hated riding it. Thought it was hard to handle for a small woman. 5ft nothing, 105lbs wet. She said she wanted to two up with me. I took advantage of the situation and traded both bikes on the SEEG. Told her she would be more comfortable on this bike than the Classic. After a while she got the bug to ride her own again. So we took a trip to the dealership. Almost bought the Dyno low rider. As we waited for the salesman to return from the "managers" office with another counter she wondered over to the SE v-rod (orange and black). She noticed the CVO badge on the air cleaner and said to me "doesn't yours have that badge". Another salesman standing nearby started expaining the CVO lines to her. Top of the line, Limited production, sought after bikes. As he continued talking I could see the light bulb go off in my wifes head. :o She realized I took advantage of the "you'll be more comfortable" situation and made a hell of an upgrade. Well she decided nothing less than a CVO would be good enough for her. Less than one hour later she was buying the SE v-rod. In the end it is nice to see her enjoy riding again. She loves the way it handles and the power at her finger tips. I found this site through a google search. Had some problems with upgrades to her bike and was trying to find help on the web. I posted my problem (now corrected) and received some great advice from members. Since then I've been lurking and learning.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »

Thank's for the invite. I guess I've been lurking for almost a year. I have 05 SEEG. Had a road king classic before. My wife road a sporster. She hated riding it. Thought it was hard to handle for a small woman. 5ft nothing, 105lbs wet. She said she wanted to two up with me. I took advantage of the situation and traded both bikes on the SEEG. Told her she would be more comfortable on this bike than the Classic. After a while she got the bug to ride her own again. So we took a trip to the dealership. Almost bought the Dyno low rider. As we waited for the salesman to return from the "managers" office with another counter she wondered over to the SE v-rod (orange and black). She noticed the CVO badge on the air cleaner and said to me "doesn't yours have that badge". Another salesman standing nearby started expaining the CVO lines to her. Top of the line, Limited production, sought after bikes. As he continued talking I could see the light bulb go off in my wifes head. :o She realized I took advantage of the "you'll be more comfortable" situation and made a hell of an upgrade. Well she decided nothing less than a CVO would be good enough for her. Less than one hour later she was buying the SE v-rod. In the end it is nice to see her enjoy riding again. She loves the way it handles and the power at her finger tips. I found this site through a google search. Had some problems with upgrades to her bike and was trying to find help on the web. I posted my problem (now corrected) and received some great advice from members. Since then I've been lurking and learning.

Nice story with a happy ending.....thanks for sharing it and welcome to the site SEFAN! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  So is the Mrs. a member here, too?  We do have a few women on this site ya know. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

SEFAN

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2006, 10:02:04 PM »

Where are my manners?? My name is Larry Maybin. I live in Naples, Fl. Lucky enough to ride year round. My wife is not a member but she reads over my shoulder alot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.