Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Lurkers Welcome!  (Read 47162 times)

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
Re: Lurkers Welcome!
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2006, 11:22:56 PM »

Where are my manners?? My name is Larry Maybin. I live in Naples, Fl. Lucky enough to ride year round. My wife is not a member but she reads over my shoulder alot.

Welcome Larry!  I must say, I am a bit envious.  I wish my wife was more interested/involved.  Sounds like you got a good thing going there.  Congrats!
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2006, 08:42:03 AM »

if she rides her own she should have her own login ;)
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »

Where are my manners?? My name is Larry Maybin. I live in Naples, Fl. Lucky enough to ride year round. My wife is not a member but she reads over my shoulder alot.

Ohh keep your eyes peeled to the screen.......before you know it there will be a "Mrs. SEFAN" here on this site.  This place is contageous ya know.  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2006, 01:43:05 AM »

I think if I told anyone else not associated with this site that I was a lurker, I would be added to one of those neighborhood listings for "known Lurkers"! :o
My neighbor replaced his RK with an Ultra Classic in October and I started surfing the MOCO site and found the CVO's.  Went to my local dealer and of course nothing on the floor but put my name on the "list" for an Autumn Haze.  I keep trying to justify the cost (dealer sells for MSRP).  I do not have any kids to sell and my wife will not let me sell the step son or daughter if she knew I was considering this purchase.  When I told my 9 year old grandson I was thinking of selling our boat to purchase another Harley (CVO didn't register with him), he said, to my surprise, "a lot of good memories with that boat"! :-[
He likes the trips to Lake Powell more than I thought.
Well, just after Christmas I got a call from the dealer and they said they had a bike in!  Now I just have to break the news to the wife.  Really do not want to sell my 03 Heritage but I am not happy with the 2 up performance.  Would rather keep it for single riding (maybe she will decide to ride on her own some day) then I could have my cake and eat it too!
I have to make a move or the dealer wants to go on to the next person on the list.  
So, for those of you that took the plunge, I am wondering if the dealer cut any slack on the price or included any "extras" with the deal.  My dealer won't go below MSRP.
I found this site from a thread on the Harley Tech Talk (HTT).  Enjoy "lurking" on both but will admit I do post on HTT off and on.  Have picked up a lot of tips from this site to help with my decision to purchase.  Attached is pic of Heritage before I added creature comforts for the wife. [smiley=confused5.gif]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 09:50:37 AM by magicl1 »
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2006, 12:42:01 PM »

Welcome magicl1,
That 2003 you have looks great. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I just bought my 2006 Autumn Haze and am very impressed with it. I sold a bassboat and traded in my 1997 Fatboy to get the new bike and I don't regret it at all.
I would look at your boat in ways such as how many days a year do you use it? As kids get older the spend less and less time with parents or grandparents so that it's use may be on the decline some.Also look at the insurance,license fees,maintenance and fuel costs on the boat vs. yearly use. Could those expenses be used to  help afford the 2006 bike?
As far as the 2003 bike if you can afford to keep it that's great but again more insurance,license and maintanance cost for something that will be getting less use.Once you ride the 2006 with the 103" motor and the smooth ride you won't want to go back to your 2003. ;D
How does your wife feel honnestly about your 2003? Is it her dream bike or yours? Would it fit her tastes and needs? Does it fit her physically and does she really want to ride by herself?
if you choose to sell your 2003 you will get a higher price if you sell it yourself but you may have to worry about fraud or theft once you advertise it. You can use the web to get a trade in price through Kelly Blue Book or Cycle Trader. If you trade it in get that price first before you walk in the door.
As far as your questions about deals on new bike. I have found that the dealers here sell CVOs at MSRP and will not come down on that figure but the will discount accessories (15-20%) at time of purchase and maybe some slack on labor cost. They also give some discount on extended maintenance and warranties too.
That is probably where you will save some money. Look through the posts here and the Harley Parts book and decide on parts to add before delivery.Get that price total and then negotiate the best you can for a discount.
Good Luck! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2006, 01:50:57 PM »

Magical that was a great story and worth reading.  If you go for the CVO, like many others here, I think you'll never look back and that you'll be quite surprised at how quickly the Heritage just becomes a faded memory.  I know that I was cause I thought that I loved my 02 Ultra Classic..........till I got my 04 SEEG.  No comparison in regards to how I feel about it and how I felt about my Ultra Classic........the CVO wins, hands down.

And while I'm at it, I might as well let you know what else many others here have learned.  If you buy that bike that soon you'll be surprised to learn that you spend less and less time on those other sites.  See, this is the only Harley related web site that I know of where the members all meet at different events, do rides together and meet (three years in a row now, for me and some of the others on here) and tell stories, share ideas and gain many new, good quality friends.  We just kind of become your "other" family. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

By the way, the first time that you take the wife for a ride on that SEUC, she'll be convienced that you just made the right move.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:52:36 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »

Magical that was a great story and worth reading.  If you go for the CVO, like many others here, I think you'll never look back and that you'll be quite surprised at how quickly the Heritage just becomes a faded memory.  I know that I was cause I thought that I loved my 02 Ultra Classic..........till I got my 04 SEEG.  No comparison in regards to how I feel about it and how I felt about my Ultra Classic........the CVO wins, hands down.

Didn't I used to own a Heritage, I can't remember?   :D

Magical, going from a Heritage to my SEEG was like going from a Chevy Impala to a Mercedes SL500.  There really isn't any comparison.  It got to the point where I didn't want to ride it at all so I ended up selling it.  Once you get that 103 underneath you, it's very hard to go back to an 88 even temporarily.  My two cents...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 12:49:49 AM »

Didn't I used to own a Heritage, I can't remember?   :D

Magical, going from a Heritage to my SEEG was like going from a Chevy Impala to a Mercedes SL500.  There really isn't any comparison.  It got to the point where I didn't want to ride it at all so I ended up selling it.  Once you get that 103 underneath you, it's very hard to go back to an 88 even temporarily.  My two cents...

Yep, same here. I said I was going to keep my 95 Heritage forever. 1 month after getting the 103, I sold it and never gave it a second thought.

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 09:17:20 AM »

Thanks for all the support.  And you all are probably right, it will get sold.  I guess I was thinking there may be more opportunity for 1 up riding and I could fall back to the Softi but if that's only once or twice a month...
Stopped by the dealer yesterday to have them pull the Haze into the sun.  Wow!  What a difference! [smiley=banana.gif]

Sat down to review the numbers and dealer will toss in the 2nd communications package and reduced the "set up" fees. :)
Has anyone added the LoJack system?  My dealer is the only one in the area that installs them.  Thought it might be a good idea but...
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »

Great News Magicl1!  Congratulations on your decision.  Once you start riding that CVO you will not ever think it was not a first choice for 1 up riding.  Not the same ride as your softail at all.  It is far superior.  I am glad to hear you got your bike at MSRP.  There are a lot of gougers out there.  Getting additional discounts at the same time as purchase..... Great!  You are going to be so happy.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] ;D

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 08:21:12 PM »

Hi magicl1,
Good choice on your new bike. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I am very familiar with the Lojack system. There are some problems with that system. It is only in certain areas not nationwide like Onstar for cars. Also in the areas it is used the police locators are not in every police unit. So even if the vehicle is stolen and the device is activated you have to hope that a police car with a locator is within range and that the car is occupied by an officer to notice the activation.many police departments are moving away from use of LoJack.
Viper alarms has a neat GPS based locator and deactivating system for cars. I don't know if it can be adapted for bikes or not. With that system you could track your car and see where it has been as well as what speed it was driven.(Great if you have teenage drivers) ;D
If the viper alarm is activated it will call your cellphone or home computer.No need to worry about range of an alarm pager. Unlike Onstar you don't need a service to deactivate or locate your vehicle you can find it on your home computer and kill the power to the vehicle by your cell phone or computer too.
I hope this info helps in your decision.
Ride safe.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 08:57:14 PM »

So, for those of you that took the plunge, I am wondering if the dealer cut any slack on the price or included any "extras" with the deal.  My dealer won't go below MSRP.
[smiley=confused5.gif]
Magical1,

Welcome to club CVO!!

If you are going to sell the boat, and if everyone agrees, your Grandson will have plenty of great memories with Grandpa on his new ride!!

As far as squeeking more out of the dealer...When I purchased my '04 SEEG at (msrp). I kinda gave them some good natured ribbing right before I signed the papers. The sales manager asked me what would make me happy, and they ended up giving me 850.00 instore credit!! Just be cool with them and they should do something for you.  

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Congratulations! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Hope all goes well,

Grover

dlempturbo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »

Greetings to all. Admittedly, I've lurked without adding much, (yes, I'm at work..excuses, excuses), but I like this site is the best and have gotten much welcomed information and confirmations.  Kudos...

I'm in Boca Raton, FL and have my red '05 SEEG just about a year now, about 10k miles on it.  Although I was lusting for one since the orange '04 came out, this one's an accident of history.  It was the day of the Biker Appreciation Event, where they distribute the $500k+ proceeds from the annual Toy Run.  Pompano HD put "my" bike out that morning.  The minute I rode in on my Fat Boy and saw it, I knew I was doomed.  There had to be 5 guys in line with cash in their hands, so I caved and rode it home that day.  The rest is all good history.  Broke it in almost right away last Bike Week...Love the bike!  Still want a barhopper Dyna to play on locally though.  

As for the minimal mods, they include Rhineharts, SEEG filter, HD SE download (and dyno'd..and all is good), plus some more chrome, of course, including the chrome oil line as well as the radio and shift indicator bezels HD should give you on it.  I've also done the auxilary horn inside the fairing, which works well.

I'm thinking about changing from the Dunlops to Metzlers, as I hear they don't "track" as badly on cracks, grooves and steel deck bridges.  I'm also thinking about changing the rear shocks and doing the heavy duty fork oil (if I don't already have it in there from the factory).  

The only problems I've had (all under warranty) was the throttle cable snapping (while crossing fast oncoming traffic...), the painted logo peeling on the air filter cover, and one of the saddlebag lids having an "outtie" ding from the factory tightening it too much.  

Annoyances are a few...such as the tourpack bulb blows about every week.  One of the front signal's lenses isn't water tight, so monthly, I change one of the amber 1157's also.  

If anyone reading this is in So. Fla., send a message...I'm relatively new to this area and wouldn't mind hooking up for some rides or whatever.  As an ex- NY'r, I am happily riding year-round here.  I'm riding almost 40 years...no newbie here.  

Once again, great website/bunch of SE owners!  

Dave
(dlempturbo@aol.com)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

Dave;
Welcome to the site from another Cherry owner  [smiley=cherry.gif] Glad you found us as there is a bunch of great info and people here.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Dave,
  Welcome to the Site!  Guess you'll be comin' to Daytona in March?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Page created in 0.731 seconds with 21 queries.