Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???  (Read 38561 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1 Who has one???
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »

Just a thought  :nixweiss:  but do we know any of the site members that are " in tight " with anyone at the MOCO because it might be an idea to seek out some kind of sponsorship or involvement to make this thing a full out tenth anniversary thing  :nixweiss:   :pepper:

Marty, that angle is already being worked by the MV10 organizers.  Been tried before and nothing happened, but we're gluttons for punishment, so we're gonna take a run at it again.  Cross your fingers.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

Maybe if they play the " hey we already have some interest in this :2vrolijk_21: " card the MV10 group can get some leverage. :nixweiss:  I would be interested in helping with that angle.   :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »

Maybe if they play the " hey we already have some interest in this :2vrolijk_21: " card the MV10 group can get some leverage. :nixweiss:  I would be interested in helping with that angle.   :pepper:

Don't count on HD interest Marty.  It has been tried before.  Apparently we bore (or worry) them.  Contacts are being tried again for the 2010 event.  So we'd not want to duplicate that effort.  But no one has absolutely any expectation the effort will be at all fruitful.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

Just work on the SERG turnout, Marty. Numbers can only help the effort.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »

Marty, that angle is already being worked by the MV10 organizers.  Been tried before and nothing happened, but we're gluttons for punishment, so we're gonna take a run at it again.  Cross your fingers.

:wall: ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »

Just work on the SERG turnout, Marty. Numbers can only help the effort.
Allright then :2vrolijk_21: I will install an FBI turbo on my mouse :bananarock: and get to it  :pepper:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

Don't count on HD interest Marty.  It has been tried before.  Apparently we bore (or worry) them.  Contacts are being tried again for the 2010 event.  So we'd not want to duplicate that effort. But no one has absolutely any expectation the effort will be at all fruitful.

Don

Here's my perspective based on my past experience on why your post above is correct.
Each dealership is independently owned and operated.
And that dealer only operates in their assigned territory.
You can have the greatest relationship with your own personal dealer but to ask him for help for a CVO event (or any event) in another area sounds good but his hands are tied.
NOT HIS TERRITORY!
I assume Ghost Town HD has the Maggie Valley area. Someone would need to talk to Gene Lumas (the owner, AJ maybe) to see if he would talk with the Motor Company.
Then there's the question of schedule, when I asked, I was shown that the schedule of events had already been booked more than a year in advance.
Another consideration is the economy, Harley is cutting back everywhere, York, less production,  Buell, etc.
Why send a big truck a thousand miles to MV and back home for 200 people? The Motor Company is not that hungry.

So not to be a dispenser of gloom and doom there is an avenue that could be explored.
If someone (AJ) could meet and talk with Gene Lumas then maybe he would be willing to do a Screamin Eagle Event that would cater to us.
And I don't mean free hotdogs, I mean something like having all the 2011's available for test rides.
But the reality of that happening is slim.
Why?, , , , , Ghost Town sells for above MSRP, why do an event to promote 2011 bikes to have your customers go home to their home dealer to buy.
Good luck is all I say.
Stranger things have happened!

SBB
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 07:26:29 PM by SBB »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »

Don

Here's my perspective based on my past experience on why your post above is correct.
You can have the greatest relationship with your own personal dealer but to ask him for help for a CVO event (or any event) in another area sounds good but his hands are tied.
NOT HIS TERRITORY!
I assume Ghost Town HD has the Maggie Valley area. Someone would need to talk to Gene Lumas (the owner, AJ maybe) to see if he would talk with the Motor Company.
Then there's the question of schedule, when I asked, I was shown that the schedule of events had already been booked more than a year in advance.
Another consideration is the economy, Harley is cutting back everywhere, York, less production,  Buell, etc.
Why send a big truck a thousand miles to MV and back home for 200 people? The Motor Company is not that hungry.

So not to be a dispenser of gloom and doom there is an avenue that could be explored.
If someone (AJ) could meet and talk with Gene Lumas then maybe he would be willing to do a Screamin Eagle Event that would cater to us.
And I don't mean free hotdogs, I mean something like having all the 2011's available for test rides.
Why?, , , , , Ghost Town sells for above MSRP, why do an event to promote 2011 bikes to have your customers go home to their home dealer to buy.
Good luck is all I say.

SBB
SBB I agree that the dealerships have no incentive to put out any extra effort because the sales will  be going elsewhere.  I was thinking that a BBQ sponsered by the MOCO at Ghost Town on the high end :2vrolijk_21: to Screamin Eagle hats and mug in our rooms from the MOCO for a minimum recognition of our loyal patronage over the past 10 yrs. on the low end.  :nixweiss: Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

Marty   :pepper:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2009, 08:06:11 PM »

SBB I agree that the dealerships have no incentive to put out any extra effort because the sales will  be going elsewhere.  I was thinking that a BBQ sponsered by the MOCO at Ghost Town on the high end :2vrolijk_21: to Screamin Eagle hats and mug in our rooms from the MOCO for a minimum recognition of our loyal patronage over the past 10 yrs. on the low end.  :nixweiss: Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

All of those have been tried before.... don't be surprised (disappointed) if they don't show up. Not that I wouldn't like them to... but they haven't showed up when times were good, I'd be really surprised if they showed up when times were tight. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2009, 08:42:27 PM »

Marty

Your enthusiasm is exciting, glad to see it.

Isn't it worth a phone call or a letter to the MOCO?

If you could just imagine the letters or the phone calls that have been to the Motor Company for,
Peeling chrome on wheels,
Cloudy paint on brand new bikes,
Seats that are short.
Seats that tear,
Heads that leak,
Cylinders that leak,
Lifters that tick excessively,
A GPS that's useless,
On and on.

Isn't the above worth a phone call or letter from the Motor Company.
I like your enthusiasm, keep it up!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »

I know of another triple red serg. It belongs to h-d mikey from this site.
He has it along with an 05 banana, an 09 orange serg, and a 10 sesg.

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »

Don

NOT HIS TERRITORY!

Good luck is all I say.

SBB

Completely agree with every bit of that analysis Chip.  And it has all worked against us when we've tried making these contacts before.  For all those reasons and apparently others too what we do and what they do don't jive. 

Quite frankly I'd not even care about a big presence.  In fact my personal preference would be against some big splashy corporate presence.  I'd get a bigger kick out of someone who has been on the CVO line for years (or since it began) to just kick back with us on the parking lot and share his stories.  Or someone from P&A to do the same and share the institutional history of efforts necessary to let P&A make its own bikes way back when.

That institutional history and those stories of the line are also part of the corporate image and history.  So any version of them HD wants told already have been and the peculiar, interesting or amusing histories we might all enjoy over beers isn't the history mother Harley wants told in the clear.  So we're still at the cross purposes that have kept the company and its riders apart for so long. 

From their perspective it's even understandable.  Though it would be equally understandable, and one could make a cogent argument that it could be preferable in the long term,  if the Great and Powerful Oz remembered there was a time he wasn't behind the curtain and felt like being again among those who built his kingdom but are still down in Kansas.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »

I know of another triple red serg. It belongs to h-d mikey from this site.
He has it along with an 05 banana, an 09 orange serg, and a 10 sesg.

Mark

Suvomabiich, I forgot all about Mikey's red SERG.  And it's even here in the neighborhood.

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

So Marty, with just a little extra effort are you going to also keep track of the other 3 SERG's (probably only a total of about 3000).  I'm not suggesting that you break your neck researching the others but your bound to come across them in your "Red" conquest.........and adding them would just be a little effort.  Hey you could even get a lead for the other colors.

I can help out with a few that I come across, I have run into a guy from Tallahassee that wrecked an '01 Black and then bought the '01 Blue and had it converted to a trike. It just sold, his injuries from the wreck just couldn't take the vibrations from a Harley any longer so he had to switch to a Goldwing.  My buddy rides a Blue and Dash Riprock has a Black.  That's 4 there.......

Additionally, might want to follow up with the National HOG chapter as I have added both my rides to the online profile.  Maybe they can at least give you some numbers of how many are listed.
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

Three red ones on eBay, currently ...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.