Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Deuce Down!  (Read 5686 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Deuce Down!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 10:46:15 AM »

reminds me of a saying ive heard, there are 2 kinds of bikers those that have gone down and those that will, having gone through this would move you from the first group to the second, doesnt make you any less of an experienced biker, i think if you love to ride you will keep doing it, may take some time but soner or later you'll ned to "scratch the itch"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RUBBLE

• LIVE TO RIDE
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 10:20:50 AM »

I had a bad m/c wreck in 1985 and did not ride again for 18 years. Bought a new cvo deuce in '04 and rode 10K miles. I realized how much I missed riding all those years! I was unlucky enough to get hit by an unaware cager last Novemeber before Thanksgiving. Bike repair was $ 7000.00 and my repair has been priceless. I just went onto crutches from a wheelchair at the end of March and hope to be at least capable of riding by July 4th. My body will never be the same again but I am a rider and will continue to be one. Bought a new helmt this week ( a helmet saved my life twice) and can't wait to get a chance to ride again. Right now my leg is still healing and I can't lift the bike off the kickstand but I soon will.  Ride safe!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 11:30:45 AM »

I had a bad m/c wreck in 1985 and did not ride again for 18 years. Bought a new cvo deuce in '04 and rode 10K miles. I realized how much I missed riding all those years! I was unlucky enough to get hit by an unaware cager last Novemeber before Thanksgiving. Bike repair was $ 7000.00 and my repair has been priceless. I just went onto crutches from a wheelchair at the end of March and hope to be at least capable of riding by July 4th. My body will never be the same again but I am a rider and will continue to be one. Bought a new helmt this week ( a helmet saved my life twice) and can't wait to get a chance to ride again. Right now my leg is still healing and I can't lift the bike off the kickstand but I soon will.

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 05:05:02 PM »

Rubble,

Sorry to hear about your mishap this past fall.  Glad to hear that you are making progress with the recovery.

Sounds like you are testing the water by getting on the bike and trying to lift it.  Just take it easy and make sure you are able to ride before you get back on.  It will be there waiting for you.  

After my accident, I was more angry than anything.  I could not wait to ride again (against all the requests by family and friends to stop).  They are accidents!  They happen in everything you do.  I was able to ride exactly 3 months later, and have put on about 3,000 glorious miles since.  

Once again, my advice...  Take it easy, get YOURSELF in shape, and then you can worry about riding.

If you are like I was, there were not enough motorcycle web sites, magazines, or MC TV shows to give me my fill of two wheeled excitement.  Take deep breaths and you will be riding before you know it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Paul

RUBBLE

• LIVE TO RIDE
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 08:51:22 PM »

Skull,
 I know not to ride until the time is right. Yeah, I read, dream, and wait patiently as possible. After all this time healing I certainly do not want to go backwards. I'm 55 so I don't heal as fast as in the past, but I still hope to be riding by the fourth of July! I really wanted to ride up to Gulfport Mississippi for the Memeorial Day Blowout but that will wait until next year. I really am glad your back in the saddle! RIDE SAFE!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.