Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Screamin' Eagle Big Twin Compensator  (Read 49424 times)

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: Screamin' Eagle Big Twin Compensator
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2010, 06:55:44 AM »

Did all the 2010's have the new improved SE Compensator? I have a 2010 SEUC and when the bike gets nice and Hot I have this Clacking noise coming from the Primary. If I pull in the clutch it goes away?????
[/quot

Your 2010 came from the factory with the SE Compensator in it stock. As for the primary when hot noise I have the same noise and have heard it on every 110" motor with the hydraulic clutch I have listed to, some louder than others, pull the clutch in and the noise stifles.  Doc

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »

After my SE compensator was installed and the bike got hot it made a whirring noise.  The chain was to tight.  after they loosened the primary chain it went away.
Now that I have said that I will add the new SE comp definitely is more noticeable (sound wise) than the old one.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »

Well Tech support this morning informed me that the SE Compensator was installed new in the 2011's. The 2010's have the standard Compensator. Tech Support told me that was a normal situation and that it will not break.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2010, 08:59:00 AM »

Well Tech support this morning informed me that the SE Compensator was installed new in the 2011's. The 2010's have the standard Compensator. Tech Support told me that was a normal situation and that it will not break.

All the 2010 CVO touring models recieved the SE compensator as stock. As did the trikes.  Doc

Bandit4142

• Full CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Scorcher
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 - Titanium
    • CVO3: 2009 FLSTFSE3
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »

*Also posted in another Compensator thread*

Made the call yesterday to Harley Customer Service....  I explained that 1 in 5 times I'm getting a very loud 'kick-back' then the bike won't start, also an extremely loud bang when it doesn't fire, then the bike cranks repeatedly before it will start.   Explained about the loose metallic sound in the primary, and was told all of this is 'normal' for a CVO 110 motor.  Told there are no known issues with the old Compensator.   Was given a reference number and sent on my way......   
V&H Power Duals, CFR's - basically stock

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »

Made the call yesterday to Harley Customer Service....  I explained that 1 in 5 times I'm getting a very loud 'kick-back' then the bike won't start, also an extremely loud bang when it doesn't fire, then the bike cranks repeatedly before it will start.   Explained about the loose metallic sound in the primary, and was told all of this is 'normal' for a CVO 110 motor.  Told there are no known issues with the old Compensator.   Was given a reference number and sent on my way......   

WOW!  :o

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »

Sounds like one of the tightwad execs found out someone was authorizing upgrading the compensator under warranty and put out the word to Customer Disservice to cease and desist.  I've always loved how they can sit there behind their monitors and read all those lies to the customers without giggling.

If you really have the issues you mention, and they don't fix it, sue the SOB's.  Small claims court, doesn't cost you much other than your time, irritates the hell out of them.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2010, 09:10:39 AM »

Sounds like one of the tightwad execs found out someone was authorizing upgrading the compensator under warranty and put out the word to Customer Disservice to cease and desist.  I've always loved how they can sit there behind their monitors and read all those lies to the customers without giggling.

If you really have the issues you mention, and they don't fix it, sue the SOB's.  Small claims court, doesn't cost you much other than your time, irritates the hell out of them.

Jerry

Jerry

An official letter from an attorney to the Dealer/Motor Company will work wonders.
The Motor Company doesn't like those letters.
Yes, it's a damn shame it has to go that far, but we do what we have to do.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010, 10:39:41 AM »

I think I heard that noise in mine with it hot, in neutral and the clutch out. A slight rattling noise. Only once so far though.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

After speaking with the MOCO folks at Sturigis last year at that little meet and greet they put on for CVO Harley members, I've come to realize not only do they monitor this site regularly (they offered that up willingly btw) my own experience is they use it to their advantage when possible. In the interest of full disclosure, I wonder if I could figure out how to scan a copy of my receipt of the compensator warranty as a reference to the problem that doesn't exist??

They have no worries about alienating their loyal customers or their employees it seems!!! Shame on them!!!  :soapbox:

IMAbadman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 Anniversary #551 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »

I'm getting ready to pull my engine for the Darkhorse crankshaft plug/weld/true and the Timkin bearings.

I'm on the fense if I should go with this new compensator then.  If it's main purpose is to eliminate 'shock' to the crankshaft will I see much benefit other than an occaional clank at start?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »

I'm getting ready to pull my engine for the Darkhorse crankshaft plug/weld/true and the Timkin bearings.

I'm on the fense if I should go with this new compensator then.  If it's main purpose is to eliminate 'shock' to the crankshaft will I see much benefit other than an occaional clank at start?

Absolutely you should.  The improved compensator reduces shock load from the entire drivetrain - not just the motor...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

IMAbadman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 Anniversary #551 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »

Thanks for the response!

Just to clarify this is the correct part number?     SE Twin Compensator p/n 40274-08

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

Thanks for the response!

Just to clarify this is the correct part number?     SE Twin Compensator p/n 40274-08

That's the correct part number...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

smenard415

• Junior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange & Black
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 11:50:44 PM »

Greetings,

The SE Twin Compensator p/n 40274-08 as of today at 1530hrs on Oct. 8th, is on back order until 10-22-2010.

just so ya'll know.

SteveM
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.