Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Help with sissy bar on 04 SE Duce  (Read 1972 times)

cruz7500

Need Help with sissy bar on 04 SE Duce
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »

I purchased the short sissy bar and pad from local H.D. dealer.  I took it home to install it for my wife.  I noticed the mounting holes were of a couple of thousands.  I took it back to dealer.  They order me another one with the same problem.  They then called H.D. to resolve issue.  I was told that my fender holes were most likely to be off.  I seen  a couple of pictures on forum with same sissy bar and pad on same bike.  I was going to ream out holes larger, but really don't want to.  I could also cut off bolts, and re-weld them in the correct location.  What should I do???

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Need Help with sissy bar on 04 SE Duce
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »

move the bolts you will be asking for rust problem when you mess with fender

cruz7500

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »

Thanks,
I love it without the sissy bar, but the wife won't ride unless it's there.

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »

Same here ,wife seems to think she might get left at the light lol.I actually put a stock seat on mine with the short sissy bar it seats twice as soft for me and her compared to the pretty seat.I got the big idea to go get a ultra classic cobalt blue last year, dealer had one at a good buy i thought 21000 miles for 16500.00 dang thing had everything on it well it was a screaming eagle duh.anyway we rode the bike 450 miles one weekend and she hated it said she felt trapped on it well i didnt like it compared to my duce been riding plain ol bike to long i guess would take a lot of getting used to seemed like the wind messed with it a lot more than mine bad at speeds over 90 guess it just a matter of prefference.doint usualy ride more than 180 miles at a time anyway

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.