Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Xieds  (Read 3632 times)

06Ultraman

Xieds
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:53:24 PM »

Hey gentlemen.  Has anyone tried the xieds on the o2 sensors on a 2010 or 2011 with stock everything else??     Sounds like an easy solution to lower afr .   Thx.

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Xieds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »

Ran XIED on 2008 ultra. Didn't work for me. Ended up with blue pipes. Pulled it off, cleaned the blue off and it didn't come back. Couldn't tell any better ride, mileage etc.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »

have the fl-xieds on my 2010 Ultra and vieds on My 2011 Iron, they work as advertised, better low speed driveability and throttle response, I think they are a good option for stock or stage 1 machines.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »

I used the ied's first, then the xied's on my '08.  I think they work as they are advertised.  Cooled it down and smoothed out the off-idle.  For the price, I think they are worth it.  Easy install also, plug-n-play.

If you are interested, I'll sell mine cheap.  PM me.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »

Same thing here, ran them on mine for a bit before I bought TTS.
Seemed to help against running hot with cats in, and that was my objective.
Mine are also available inexpensively now that I bought a tuner.

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:42:24 AM »

I eliminated the cats on my 09 CVO Ultra and my wifes 10 CVO Streetglide. Installed XIED's on both of them. Better throttle response, ran cooler and smoother. If I take the bike in for warranty issues, I can unplug them in about 1 minute or less.
They really work well.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »

If I take the bike in for warranty issues, I can unplug them in about 1 minute or less.

Yes indeed great for extended service contracts they dont leave any footprints.

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »

Yes and that quick disconnect feature really comes in handy if you're on a road trip and have issues.

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »

One thing to remember is the XIED's only augment the O2 sensor signals in closed loop mode.  Upon rapid acceleration and a few other conditions, the fuel mapping breaks out of closed loop to achieve a different AFR which is programmed for the condition.  I'm not saying the xied's are bad, but just something to consider.  It's just gonna cost a few sheckles to do "the full monty".
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »

One thing to remember is the XIED's only augment the O2 sensor signals in closed loop mode.  Upon rapid acceleration and a few other conditions, the fuel mapping breaks out of closed loop to achieve a different AFR which is programmed for the condition.  I'm not saying the xied's are bad, but just something to consider.  It's just gonna cost a few sheckles to do "the full monty".

I used to be concerned about open loop operation but tests on my 07 110
 stage 1 TC engine indicated that open loop varied  from 13.8 to 12.5:1 depending upon RPM and engine load.  I doubt that normal riding gets me into open loop more then 5-10 percent of the time. so I quit worrying about it and have been using xieds since. Your right the more sophisticated systems are obviously superior but for those of us that rarely get over 4,000 rpms and just want  better driveability the XIEDS deliver nicely.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:15:08 AM by dartman »

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »

Thinking along these lines, has anyone used something like TTS or another bit of software to view the stock mapping on their bike? This would give definitive info on what your ride is really doing in open loop and when it's really, actually in open loop. This in turn would tell the user what to genuinely care about.
Thoughts?

warpig

• Semper FI

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 black and crimson
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »

I have a reading of 15 afr for stock no modifications! No wonder it coughs at low speeds its running that lean. 2011 flhxse2. Doing my mods in stages so I have a stock starting point and a finished modified point. :drink:

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.