Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1999 FXR3 Green Paint Question  (Read 3567 times)

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 Blue Flame FXR3
1999 FXR3 Green Paint Question
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »

Of all of the pictures that I have seen of the Green Flame FXR3, only the flames look green. Can someone set me straight on this, because it really looks black to me. Thanks guys, if it really is green on green, then I will open my horizons to look for one when the time is right.

hickle

Re: 1999 FXR3 Green Paint Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »

the green fxr3 is two tone green not black and green. and i have one for sale with very low miles and under $10,000

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »

the green fxr3 is two tone green not black and green. and i have one for sale with very low miles and under $10,000
:worthless:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

63SSRagtop

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »

Havent been able to find a code but it looks like a gloss black with a green tinted clear coat applied over the rest of the bike.. it's hard to tell it unless your in the sun.. cloudy days or afternoon it looks black..

Buck0

• '99 FXR3: SE Slip-ons, SE AC, Thunderslide Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »

My father in law whom I got mine from had some damage to the tank once upon a time. Apparently it is a 5 layer application that Harley dealers are instructed not to duplicate. He had to prove his ownership of a "REAL" FXR3 to Harley and get an entirely new tank from them. The paint that looks black is indeed very dark green. When it was delivered to my garage on a cloudy day I thought it was black. I was set straight and once out in the sun you can see the green metallic paint is quite deep, buried under lots of clear coat. It is quite striking on inspection but unless the sun hits it just right it really does look pretty black.
You don't have to run faster than the hungry bear, you just have to run faster than those around you.

TLS105

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 Blue Flame FXR3
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:21:19 AM »

Buck0, thanks for your story. I have decided to look for a Blue FXR3 instead. I have always liked blues, and this one strikes me. If you don't mind, how much did a new tank run you from Harley and how long was the wait? I am just curious. Thanks for the reply.

Tom

Buck0

• '99 FXR3: SE Slip-ons, SE AC, Thunderslide Kit
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »

I'd be happy to tell you all about it but it was years ago when he owned the bike and his insurance company paid for it. So I really don't know.
You don't have to run faster than the hungry bear, you just have to run faster than those around you.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.