Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Exhaust decisions overload. Which one? Need help.  (Read 8019 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Exhaust decisions overload. Which one? Need he
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 09:58:15 PM »

sorry but all i have is lap top and no printer , i guess i need to whip out gold card , but all you have is my word.  Oh by the way how many leaks do you have now? ;D
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 05:19:48 PM »

i do not have a printer, whats wrong you mad because you make your bike into a hand grenade , and now it leaks oil and you voided your warrenty, just reach back and pull that card out, oh yeah you must pay bill allso!! ;)
TOM

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »

Ah, you forgot about the three grand in OCD, yep, even had to chrome the bolts under the seat :o

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 07:50:01 AM »

I too was going through exhaust selection overload.  I knew I wanted to do something as the stock exhaust was just too quiet, and in my opinion did not sound like a Harley.  But what I did not want was obnoxiously loud.  Looks were the second most important factor, and performance third.

What I ended up going with, for lack of finding anyone that could tell me just how loud the different pipes were compared to each other and stock, was the Screamin Eagle II Pro slip-ons.  I had them installed at the dealer along with the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner.  The slip-ons sound great and I'm very happy with the amount of loud they have.  Now my bike sounds like a Harley.

What I do not know is if the dealer actually dyno tuned my bike or just loaded a default map for the slip-ons and ran a dyno run to show me the values.  I only received one dyno print out so have no way of knowing what the hp and tq were to start with.  I ended up with 93 hp and 96 tq and a straight line for the air/fuel mixture, which the dealer thought was great.

Do these numbers seem reasonable for slip-ons and a race tuner?  What are the stock numbers without any modifications on a 2006 SE Fat Boy?  Can I do better if I find someone else to dyno tune my bike?

I would include the dyno printout, but do not have a scanner.  Maybe I can just take a picture of it with the misses digital camera.  I will try that tonight.

Thanks,
Roger

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »

you should have bought the D&D boarzilla 2 into 1 header sounds wicked and i bet you would be getting 100H.P , but buy the scremin eagle plug wires they are $15.00 and i bet you get at least 2H.P out of them, buy them and let me know you feel extra power!!!!! I bet you will or i will pay for them!!!!!!! dont start digging stuff out of your motor its not worth it and you will void your warrenty! But e-mail me back after you get 8mm plug wires you will not belive the differance!! peace out biker brother [smiley=banana.gif]
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 08:53:53 AM »

oh by the way see if you can get refund on pipes, the D&D boarzilla are at least $750.00 and thats not install and tax , but your bike will sound bad ass and they look bad ass!!!!!!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 08:58:23 AM »

help me out, what is o.c.d, i cant pull your chain if im in the dark my biker bro!!!! :-?
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »

hey 06 fatboy did they dyno your bike or did they just checked to see how much H.P you are making, because here in fort worth they charged me $300.00 for it ,so maybe they did not dial in your bike, but my D&DS sound bad-ass when you go through the gears, and when i decel also, wish i had printer i would send a picture. you dont have that ugly autum haze, they should say silver and stop fronting a brother ;D
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »

also i think stock C.V.O. FatBoy gets 85H.P 88torqe but im not sure so if im wrong dont shoot me, just rag on me like my hopped up bud ::)
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:31 AM »

and thats at rear wheel in our sec sheet it says 96 or 94 torqe but i dont think thats rear wheel so maybe someone else could help us out :-/
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »

book says 96 pounds of torqe stock , but thats not rear wheel :D
TOM

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »

sorry but all i have is lap top and no printer , i guess i need to whip out gold card , but all you have is my word.  Oh by the way how many leaks do you have now? ;D[/quote
How about a camera, do you have one of those... We would really like to see the bike with the pipes, and you could take a picture of the dyno sheet for us.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:46 PM »

well guy i do have a camera and i can take the pictures but how do i get them in computer?  im not very pc savey but if you explain i will try to get you dyno, you arent pissed because you bought a bunch of speed parts to make 100hp you did noy clarify what you did unless its stock like mine but just pipes, plug wires and s.e.r.t and i dont know the name of dyno but it was state of art (brand new and loaded) but welcome to 100hp club. the ball is in your court. :D
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

did you get the recall on vance and hines pipes? they crack at mounting screw, be careful when your getting on it, also that silver bike was made the most of, go to harley trader there is about ten for sell, cheap too. [smiley=banana.gif]
TOM

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 04:13:11 PM »

I cant find them on harley trader, can you give us the link please...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.