Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review  (Read 48304 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Gerbing eXtreme Element (XE) Jacket and Pants review
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

Hey JC, I was curious what size jacket and pants Terrie bought?  She looks to be about my size and from the Gerbing website it looks like I need small to extra small.

She's 5'7" tall and wears a "extra small-regular" (vs. extra small-tall).

The Gerbing gear sure came in handy this weekend.  We rode in 32F-34F weather for about four hours Sat. morning.  Other than my feet.....I was totally comfortable. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:49:06 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

I may have retired from the Military after 27 years... but I am not that old... yet

I might get that for my 75 birthday if they have a CVO version :D

That's about the age of the guy that owns it. He also has a couple Boss Hogs and several HD's, but this is all he ever uses when we ride every week on our Thursday pick-up ride.   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

She's 5'7" tall and wears a "extra small-regular" (vs. extra small-tall).

The Gerbing gear sure came in handy this weekend.  We rode in 32F-34F weather for about four hours Sat. morning.  Other than my feet.....I was totally comfortable. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks JC  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »

Thanks for the great info JC!
Now I read it a little late today and I had just earlier today placed an order for my first set of Gerbling gear.
I ordered jacket liner, pant liner, T5 gloves, dual temp. controller and a case for it. I read so many great
reviews here and wanted it for some time so I did it today and now I read your review and know somewhere
down the road I will probaby dump more money into heated gear. That's OK because where I live it will extend
my riding season quit a bit. There is always something else to spend your money on.

Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »

Thanks for the great info JC!
Now I read it a little late today and I had just earlier today placed an order for my first set of Gerbling gear.
I ordered jacket liner, pant liner, T5 gloves, dual temp. controller and a case for it. I read so many great
reviews here and wanted it for some time so I did it today and now I read your review and know somewhere
down the road I will probaby dump more money into heated gear. That's OK because where I live it will extend
my riding season quit a bit. There is always something else to spend your money on.

Face   

Not bad way to go except for the pants liners.  They're designed to be worn under pants (or coveralls, etc.).....they'll never fit under your jeans! :confused5:  I never wore my pants liners in five years......eventually sold them to somebody on this forum that lives up in the northeast.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mikegiotto

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ROADKING
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

Does anyone know if the electrical system can handle both a rider and passenger in full gear (jacket, pants and gloves.) if so can you just plug it into the lighter on a SG.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »

Not bad way to go except for the pants liners.  They're designed to be worn under pants (or coveralls, etc.).....they'll never fit under your jeans! :confused5:  I never wore my pants liners in five years......eventually sold them to somebody on this forum that lives up in the northeast.

Thanks JC I think I will call them in the am and see if I can cancel the pant liner and order the XE pants instead. I have a new 2XL lightweight harley jacket that will be great with the jacket liner. I can understand what you mean because most of my jeans are tight.

Face
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:40:15 PM by faceracer »
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »

Does anyone know if the electrical system can handle both a rider and passenger in full gear (jacket, pants and gloves.) if so can you just plug it into the lighter on a SG.

It can handle both rider and passenger if you've got two leads.  The cigarette lighter can be one of the leads but be careful that your wires aren't touching any paint.....you'd be amazed at how quick it'll wear through your clear coat.  Better to just put two leads under the seat frame.....be sure they both have an in line fuse (it comes with each Gerbing garment).

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »

Thanks JC I think I will call them in the am and see if I can cancel the pant liner and order the XE pants instead. I have a new 2HLl lightweight harley jacket that will be great with the jacket liner. I can understand what you mean because most of my jeans are tight.

Face

The up side of the XE vs. the liner is that the XE serves a dual purpose of rainsuit.......so you don't have to carry a rain suit or mess with trying to get it on, etc.

I wear boxer shorts or lightweight pajama bottoms under my XE pants.  Very, very comfortable and lightweight.....not all bound up like jeans, thermals, leathers, etc. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »

JC...what plug does the XE have?  Is it the round HD style or other???
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

Thanks JC I think I will call them in the am and see if I can cancel the pant liner and order the XE pants instead. I have a new 2XL lightweight harley jacket that will be great with the jacket liner. I can understand what you mean because most of my jeans are tight.

Face
Done deal! They were very nice and happy to drop the pant liner and sell me the XE pants for $80 more!  :) I think I will like them better than trying to cram something else between me and already tight jeans. Thx again JC for the good advice!!! That's one of the great things about this site is all the great experienced people willing to share for the benefit of others..... :2vrolijk_21:

Face
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »

Face, Big Lew and any others waiting on Gerbing gear....just and FYI......they've been closed all week due to snow.  While rain is normal, snow is unusual in that part of Wash. so it'll probably be next week before they open again.

West Coast GTG   

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »

Thx JC. I recieved my pants and gloves and a wiring harness kit. They said the dual temp. controller and jacket liner are backordered. Not like I am going to ride. Today is my 19th 12 hour day of work in a row. I have 18 more to go!!!!!!

2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »

Gerbing booth at NYC show had only  gloves, liners and socks. None of the exterior gear.

iPhone using Tapatalk
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »

JC...what plug does the XE have?  Is it the round HD style or other???

I'm not sure what HD style is.  None of my bikes have ever came with a plug.....always had to add it.

They're the small round plug/recepticle that's common with all the heated gear.  However, for ease of use, I've had the BMW style recepticles installed on mine and Terrie's bikes and Have added the BMW style male plug extension to the stock male plug.

The BMW style can be pluged in single handed, while riding, or on a dark road at night.

Duane, I wonder if that's due to their headquarters in Tumwater, Wash. being snowed in all week.  By the way, if you're going to get the heated sox, you better do it now.....I read last week on another forum that they'll no longer be offered.  Now it's the Gerbing heated insoles that they're putting out. 

I'll be ordering up a couple of pair of those for Terrie and I, as soon as they get back up on line.  I'll post a review when we get them and have tried them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:29:27 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.