Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: New CVO from South, FL  (Read 2215 times)

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
New CVO from South, FL
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »

How's it going everyone. Today I did something absolutely nuts and something I thought would not come to be true for many more years to come. I walked into the dealer looking for a deal on a '12 RGU and walked out after signing papers on a new '12 CVO RGC. This is my first Road Glide, and my first ever CVO bike. Thanks to my lovely wife I fought off the guilt of the expense and went through with it. She politely pointed out to me how a RGU or RGC would have ended up costing me more in the long run than the CVO, and I have been drooling over the '12 models since they came out. The pictures don't do these bikes any justice, when I saw the Black/White out in the sun I just had to have it. I traded in my '11 Ultra Limited and pick up my new CVO tomorrow morning.

A fellow member over on the Road Glide forum pointed me over towards this website you guys have here, so here I am.

Hope I made a good buy, and that the bike will bring me smiles for many miles. I do put some good miles on my bikes and that was one of the things holding me back on buying a CVO, but when I saw it I just had to have it.

Only mods planned for the foreseeable future is the Stage one with tune over @ Doc's place, I'm thinking the TTS, Fullsac header, and the 2.0" Fullsac cores should have me going good for some time to come. Whenever Doc can squeeze me in I will be at his place getting the tune up.

Just happy like a kid the night before Xmas right now.  :bananarock:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:03:53 AM by Fire-Medic »

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: New CVO from South, FL
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »

Welcome to the site from South Korea and congrats on your new CVO.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:42:54 AM »

So glad to see you over here I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge here ..dont hesitate to ask any question I had a bunch when I got started mainly little hassles with the new bike but got plenty of advice and reassurance from the many awesome people on here I know there are a lot of members from your area so hope you get to ride with some of them ...once again congrats on the new bike and the supportive wife..

Kiwi
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »

So glad to see you over here I am sure you will find a wealth of knowledge here ..dont hesitate to ask any question I had a bunch when I got started mainly little hassles with the new bike but got plenty of advice and reassurance from the many awesome people on here I know there are a lot of members from your area so hope you get to ride with some of them ...once again congrats on the new bike and the supportive wife..

Kiwi

Thanks for the invite brother, I will ask tomorrow about the TP as you suggested because I remembered my dealer covers under factory warranty any parts bought and installed by them in the first two months.

My one question for now will be why so many CVO guys I see with the Power Vision, I just sold mine off of my Limited because I couldn't find anyone in my are that even knew what it was let alone how to tune with it.

I have been steered to Doc Weaver who I am told is one of the best around anywhere and he's a small 5 hour ride from me, that's where I intend to go.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I still can't believe tomorrow I will be on a CVO bike!  ;D

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:09:20 AM »

the Power Vision lack of knowledge thats changing daily I have a setup from Jamie at Fuelmoto which has worked well for the past 12 months with just the Fullsac 2.0 cores and OE ventilator air cleaner until I replaced the headers last month with Power Duals ..I havnt done a lot of miles since only 3 tanks of gas so dont really know how the mpg has been impacted  but have been very pleased with how it runs and sounds I am finding myself running around 85-95 mph on the freeway now because of how it feels so expecting the fuel consumption to be a bit bad until I am able to get myself under control..There is a thing with Power Vision called autotune basic some very precise instructions on how to use the programmer for yourself to date all I have changed on the program from Jamie is the cold idle it was at about 1400 rpm from start and that was launching me into the corner 25 feet from my house way too fast so I read a bit and found the table on winpv adjusted the #s for idle at the lower temps and alls good. Other than that I will just ride it till it complains and then may need to find a tuner .. no need right now to have any more power...lol

Kiwi
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 01:20:53 AM »

I cut someone a deal on my PV and they're getting it unlocked by dynojet. When I hear back from Doc I will get an appointment date for my tune. Hopefully the Fullsac products are not on a huge back order and I started reading here tonight that there is a "C" pipe now so I need to see if it's worth it over the "B".....

Just hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can log in some miles.

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 01:32:56 AM »

I found it worth while to get some miles on it before making any changes hope you have a great weekend planned and the weather behaves for you get a feel for it as it is stock we did a 3600 mile road trip last summer with only the baffles and PV canned map thru CA NV AZ NM CO back into AZ up to UT NV and back home to CA 2 weeks was sooo happy with how it behaved in all climates and temps and elevations abient temps went from 80 at home 120 in AZ 32 in Ouray CO and back again..  have fun brother and take pics !!!!!

Kiwi  (Darryl)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:34:57 AM by kiwihog »

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 01:45:35 AM »

I have a few friends houses to go by and let them see the new baby, one of my buddies house is the CVO house, mom has a CVO convertible, dad has a CVO RGU, and he has a CVO SG, lol. They want to see the bike because they haven't seen the White/Black combo yet. Sunday if weather holds up I should have a good amount of miles on the bike, I'm heading up to lake Okeechobee with some friends to have breakfast and then ride around the lake, and my ride home from where we're meeting is 2 hours + so 4 hours of my day will just be coming and going to the meeting place. I hope the stock seat is up for the task.... the seat on my limited got some upgrades from mean city cycles.

I'm fortunate to live close to the Keys, so I will most likely end up somewhere down there tomorrow after making rounds with the new toy.

I will definitely post up one pictures, hopefully the bike is all I'm expecting and then some, it sure is pretty to look at, lol.  :huepfenjump3:

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »

Welcome to the site from - Moss - Norway!  :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 05:16:51 AM »

Welcome from Brussels,Belgium.
Great bike.
Ride safe.

sammy56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG Ruby red
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »

Welcome to the site from Ohio.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 05:26:12 AM »

Welcome from Virginia.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »

How's it going everyone. Today I did something absolutely nuts and something I thought would not come to be true for many more years to come. I walked into the dealer looking for a deal on a '12 RGU and walked out after signing papers on a new '12 CVO RGC. This is my first Road Glide, and my first ever CVO bike. Thanks to my lovely wife I fought off the guilt of the expense and went through with it. She politely pointed out to me how a RGU or RGC would have ended up costing me more in the long run than the CVO, and I have been drooling over the '12 models since they came out. The pictures don't do these bikes any justice, when I saw the Black/White out in the sun I just had to have it. I traded in my '11 Ultra Limited and pick up my new CVO tomorrow morning.

Just happy like a kid the night before Xmas right now.  :bananarock:

Your wife is a keeper!  Greetings and enjoy that new ride...

BAGGER 1

• Senior CVO Member
  • Leeco
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:31 AM »

Welcome to the site from North Georgia and congrats on the new bike, ride safe

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:36 AM »

Welcome to the site from Southern Ontario, Canada   :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.