Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Primary Chain Tensioners  (Read 21135 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Primary Chain Tensioners
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »

I still have a bad shake at 1200 rpm only.   Any ideas? Could it be the throttle body sensor?   It runs great except for there.  :nixweiss:

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • Hayden Enterprises - M6 Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 12:41:16 AM »

We wil find out Kathy....mine should be here by the end of the week.

Hi again,.... Well? Did your M6 BT07 come in? If so, How easy was the installation? What are your thoughts?
http://www.haydensm6.com

We're here to help.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 07:57:58 AM »

Kathy,, I got mine in.   So far so good.    Thanks for the nice product.  :2vrolijk_21:      My chain thanks you also.  :)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »

Hi again,.... Well? Did your M6 BT07 come in? If so, How easy was the installation? What are your thoughts?

Posted on the install on June 29th....easy install and the noise seems to be much better. Haven't had too much time to ride since then, but so far so good! Read the post below

Finally had time to put the Hayden in last night and went out for a ride. Noise from the primary seems better---well..that's one less noise that this thing makes!!!!

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »

:drink:
When you install the new tensioner,  you may indeed hear a new noise you did not hear before.   A "whirring" sound is what mine did after the install of a M6 yrs ago.  I ignored it and it went away after a few rides and some milage.  I believe the primary chain wears its own little grooves into that nylon "shoe" and the (noise) is what ya hear till it settles in.........

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • Hayden Enterprises - M6 Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 09:16:17 PM »

:drink:
When you install the new tensioner,  you may indeed hear a new noise you did not hear before.   A "whirring" sound is what mine did after the install of a M6 yrs ago.  I ignored it and it went away after a few rides and some milage.  I believe the primary chain wears its own little grooves into that nylon "shoe" and the (noise) is what ya hear till it settles in.........

Hello all, that statement is exactly true. This is what our product does. We want to hear from you guys. We're here to help. Our M6 has been on the market and made in the USA since 1989, we've only changed the mounting method as Harley has changed the primary case throughout the years. The new M6 BT-07 is for the newest primary case with the stock "automatic tensioner" which, as many of you know, ratchets up WAY TOO tight and causes excessive stress on the whole system. Ours rides in springs, have a look. http://haydensm6.com/Quicktime/M6BT-07Installed.mov
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:18:58 PM by Kathy »
http://www.haydensm6.com

We're here to help.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.