Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fast Lady  (Read 1536 times)

harleydave

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE 3
Fast Lady
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »

MOTORCYCLING mum Jo Stevenson became the world’s fastest woman after clocking up 243.5mph on a turbo-powered bike.

The speed sensation set the record over a standing mile - and already has ambitions to top the 250mph mark.

Jo, 39, from Rotherham, south Yorkshire, took up biking just five years ago.

She said: “I knew I had gone faster because it took longer to stop. I saw the end of the runway looming towards me.

“Then everything went a bit mad. I rode round to the pits and I was looking at people to gauge a reaction.

“They were shouting out numbers but I couldn’t hear. Then they put their thumbs up and I knew I’d done it.

“I got off the bike and people were patting me on the back and congratulating me. It was brilliant, an amazing feeling.”

Mum-of-one Jo, who rides a Suzuki Hayabusa, had an interest in bikes as a teenager but only took it up after watching racing at Santa Pod with fiance Dave Taylor.

She said: “My dad always had bikes and I can vaguely recollect wanting one when I was about 17 but my mum said over her dead body.

“She’s proud of me now but doesn’t want to know how fast I’ve gone. She’ll say ’I’m pleased you’re the fastest, but don’t tell me any more than that!’"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4586447/Motorcycling-Yorkshire-mum-is-worlds-fastest-woman.html#ixzz29HXLTNRm

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
Re: Fast Lady
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »

YEA, My mother " god rest her soul " always encouraged me, but couldn't listen about the crashes or speeds (she'd fuss and cuss). But she stood with me in all I did. Congradulations Mum Jo, Ride hard an fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bananarock:

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 22 queries.