Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!  (Read 4176 times)

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:43:44 AM »

First and hopefully last ding on my paint. >:(  Was flying down the H3 freeway the other day and a car in front of me kicked up a friggin flyin object.  It was large enough for me to see it coming toward me.  It did make a lovely 'ping'  :-\ but it definitely broke the clear coat, yes . . . on the 'molten silver'  :'(  Went home and applied touch up clear coat and hopefully rust will not start in.  The paint code that Harley recommended seems to be a mix of black diamond, silver and ??  Dealer was unclear as to what the PN 98601SDRF really was??!!  Does anyone know or am i the first casualty of non-warranty paint problems?  My sales guy tried to console me by saying, "Well, you do ride a lot."  Guess chit happens.....
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »

The molten silver part shouldn't rust....if it is on the bare metal part ....I think you'll be fine as long as the clear was touched up within a day or two.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »

Sorry about that. At least now you don't have to worry about getting that first ding.  :nervous:
Jesus is Lord

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »

I think the lesson here is.....only ride on roads where no one is in front of you   :6:
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »

I think the lesson here is.....only ride on roads where no one is in front of you   :6:
if only that were possible...
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »

Sorry about that. At least now you don't have to worry about getting that first ding.  :nervous:
True... But I wanted to keep it cherry for a long time :(

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 08:13:25 AM »

I wonder how much longer my luck can hold out.  I have never gotten a rock chip on any of my bikes in 6 years or so(yea, I know, now that I said it.......)

Maybe it's being here in the midwest where a lot of the riding is done on farm and country roads?

I dunno, but I do know I would be horrified if I got a chip in my CVO paint, so I feel your pain Speedy!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »

I hurts!
Do it now!

OXMP

• Loud Pipes Save Lives!

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BreakOut Silver
    • CVO2: 1999 FX-DWG
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »

Come and ride in our part of the world .. awesome roads, increadible scenery and very little traffic .... the 22's from Sabie to Hazyview are rated by  multiple winner of the Isle of Man TT as the finest in the world! And we get to ride them almost every weekend with previously by FX-DWG and now my new FXS-BSE ! :apple:

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

Come and ride in our part of the world .. awesome roads, increadible scenery and very little traffic .... the 22's from Sabie to Hazyview are rated by  multiple winner of the Isle of Man TT as the finest in the world! And we get to ride them almost every weekend with previously by FX-DWG and now my new FXS-BSE ! :apple:

I would think your consistently warm weather helps keep the roads rideable?  you are an extremely lucky guy.

would that multiple winner be John McGinniss by chance?  I can't stand the fact that we don't get the TT televised in the US anymore.  I have to wait months after each year's run to get a Blu-Ray of mostly highlights.  That is something I must do-see the TT in person-that's a dream of mine for sure.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 03:13:36 AM »

Dont sweat it speedy... you ride it... I got my first at about 2500 miles too... Our horrible roads and the recent bad weather only compound the problem.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »

flyin object.  It was large enough for me to see it coming toward me.  It did make a lovely 'ping' 

Think my first one was big enough also to see it coming - loud ding as it hit the cowbell and put a nice dent in it. Not too bad, no paint involved.
Next was big enough to see it coming and smack the fairing, in front of my left hand, just the clear coat, so not too bad.
Next was the other side of the fairing in front of my right hand - OK, I'm ready to take one for the bike and let it just hit my gloves, but no - more clear coat off  :(

Then I dropped a ladder on the front fender - all the way through, no big deal anymore. Ride enough you are going to scratch dent and chip
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:07 AM »

If you're 'sick' enough, you'll be finding a replacement painted part soon enough.  ??? :P har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »

If you're 'sick' enough, you'll be finding a replacement painted part soon enough.  ??? :P har.  spyder

Who ya calling sick  :nixweiss: Me - just cause I have a few fenders now?  :apple:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »

You're not even in the 'sick' class yet Duane, with only a few fenders replaced.....but, there's always room on the ward for more.. :brood: :anxious: :sick2: :sick: :mad:..keep trying.  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.