Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome rack for CVO Breakout  (Read 3837 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Chrome rack for CVO Breakout
« on: June 28, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »

I have removed the pillion from my bike and am not in love with the exposed bolts look. I also liked the minimal backrest the pillion offered when riding the bike with it on. So I have been thinking about possible solutions, sort of like the backrest/rack combo offered by the japanese custom shop that uses the existing pillion as a back rest, only a little less prominent.

Here's what I have come up with so far and would like to have it fabricated in chrome but don't know of any shops in NOVA that can pull it off. Anyhow, here is the rack:

rack by Cameron L., on Flickr

With a backrest frame:

rack_v2 by Cameron L., on Flickr

Which could be wrapped in aligator embossed leather.

Does anyone know of a shop that can pull this off?

Thanks,

Cam
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:21:10 PM by camcvo »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: Chrome rack for CVO Breakout
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »

I have removed the pillion from my bike and am not in love with the exposed bolts look. I also liked the minimal backrest the pillion offered when riding the bike with it on. So I have been thinking about possible solutions, sort of like the backrest/rack combo offered by the japanese custom shop that uses the existing pillion as a back rest, only a little less prominent.

Here's what I have come up with so far and would like to have it fabricated in chrome but don't know of any shops in NOVA that can pull it off. Anyhow, here is the rack:

rack by Cameron L., on Flickr

With a backrest frame:

rack_v2 by Cameron L., on Flickr

Which could be wrapped in aligator embossed leather.

Does anyone know of a shop that can pull this off?

Thanks,

Cam
interesting.  I've been thinking of the setup from the heritage springer.  Put one on my Softail Deluxe a few years ago.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »

It's close enough. Would this setup fit the breakout? I found the parts (rack, seat rail, backrest) but it adds up to about $400. Too expensive for a trial run.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 07:07:37 AM »

It's close enough. Would this setup fit the breakout? I found the parts (rack, seat rail, backrest) but it adds up to about $400. Too expensive for a trial run.
[/quote]
I would think it would, however I can't help but sense the curvature of the breakout seat is not as full as the seat on the heritage or deluxe.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 04:35:33 PM »

Check out this video.  Looks like the springer seat rail doesn't it? 

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »

It does. But in the comments it says he drew it up and had someone fabricate it for him.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 23 queries.