Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Auto primary chain adjuster  (Read 6236 times)

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Re: Auto primary chain adjuster
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »

screaminCVO, I should have mentioned that my Heritage was a 1995. If I remember correctly the shoe looked similar to the newer versions, but there was an inspection plate in the primary cover and when you removed that you could loosen a couple of bolts and slide the adjuster up a notch or two if it needed it. It was pretty easy to do and sometimes at a 5K service it did not even need adjusting. What I miss about that bike is that when you put it into first it never made the "clunking noise" and the center of gravity was lower, but after a couple of long rides, Simi Valley to Gordon, Nebraska and another to Steamboat Springs Colorado we knew it was time for a CVO Ultra. My 95 Heritage now resides in Thermopolis Wyoming with my cousin. We are riding there for a wedding mid June. CAHDBIKER

Ya - sounds to easy and simple!! They have to complicate everything!!!

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Re: Auto primary chain adjuster
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »

Noise came back, had new HD adjuster installed and works fine now. They also had to change upper fork sliders, they were installed backwards with seam in the front!!! Dealer was a little embarrassed as I had to point this out..........how could it get passed quality control?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.