Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: My first CVO  (Read 10613 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: My first CVO
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »

We really do love the TH though.  It has the two drop down beds in the garage for the kids and just enough room in the LQ.  I have one leaving for the navy in Jan. and one left (Jr in HS), so in two years it will be way more than enough for the two of us...

That's insanely close to my situation. I have 1 moved out and in college and 2 (twin boys) jr's in high school! This is why we are exploring these purchases. Don't need anything huge for 2 ppl. The wife and I would just like to be able to save on lodging and enjoy the outdoors on our motorcycle excursions.

What do you pull that with?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • Georgia Rollers Riding Club
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »

Voltage 3005.  Stayed small so I could get in and out....

I said Go Big or Go Home!   With the kids the extra room is great, but without them it doesnt even feel like camping!  Here is my rig:

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »

That's insanely close to my situation. I have 1 moved out and in college and 2 (twin boys) jr's in high school! This is why we are exploring these purchases. Don't need anything huge for 2 ppl. The wife and I would just like to be able to save on lodging and enjoy the outdoors on our motorcycle excursions.

What do you pull that with?

08 f350 SWR 4x4..  Got it used with 38K on it.  Not even broke in.  I made sure the 5er fit in the weight specs of the truck set up stock.  It pulls it with np but I may still get a set of bags.  Only diff between 250 and 350 is one spring.
We also stayed that size for price.  OTD got the 3005 for $43K..  Next size up was in the mid 50's...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

I said Go Big or Go Home!   With the kids the extra room is great, but without them it doesnt even feel like camping!  Here is my rig:

WAY out of my pay class. Nice rig.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »

payment isn't too much more than the CVO...just a LOT LONGER term!   :P :P :P

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 10:33:14 AM »

payment isn't too much more than the CVO...just a LOT LONGER term!   :P :P :P
I have to pay for the cvo FIRST lol

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 10:36:37 AM »

I have to pay for the cvo FIRST lol

The TH is kinda going to pay for itself depending on how much we travel.  i.e. when looking at thunder beach I found state park sites for $18 per night.  Staying outside of town keeps us from spending so much on eating dinner out etc.  Just a different perspective...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »

The TH is kinda going to pay for itself depending on how much we travel.  i.e. when looking at thunder beach I found state park sites for $18 per night.  Staying outside of town keeps us from spending so much on eating dinner out etc.  Just a different perspective...
Oh I agree that's why we are looking at our options. I just don't need any thing over the top. Looking for a practical setup to house the 2 of us. We have time I want to pay off the bike first.

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »

If you havent had one before, get yourself a used little Travel Trailer that has the bathroom/kitchen/bedroom and toyhauler.  You can tow them with any 1/2 ton pickup (as long as you dont go too big) and they can be had for a great low price.  Also, when you want to get rid of it, you will get about what you want out of it.

This will then let you figure out what you like/don't like/really want out of your long-term rig.

We did that, did some camping, some Rallys and ended up with our must-have list and our want list...made it easier to show when we were ready to make the purchase.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »

Just glad to finally be riding again.  I had seven horses before when I had the WG and did a lot of rodeoing in TX.  I had to give up the bike to keep the horses.  Back is two old for riding the horses anymore.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »

If you havent had one before, get yourself a used little Travel Trailer that has the bathroom/kitchen/bedroom and toyhauler.  You can tow them with any 1/2 ton pickup (as long as you dont go too big) and they can be had for a great low price.  Also, when you want to get rid of it, you will get about what you want out of it.

This will then let you figure out what you like/don't like/really want out of your long-term rig.

We did that, did some camping, some Rallys and ended up with our must-have list and our want list...made it easier to show when we were ready to make the purchase.
Hey never thought of that. Thank you I will check into it. Any suggestions on where and what to look at?

Jesse

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »

Yup, the work and plays are pretty cool and I see them behind 1/2 tons all the time.

TheHern

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

Start off on rvtrader.com.  Based on your price range, take a look at what is being offered in a price range you have in mind..  You can head to a local RV store to see what things look like (dont buy from them, just look).  That will give you an idea of size/stuff you want in it. 

Great thing about the older ones..you can always change them a bit...carpet or linoleum is easy to install, bathroom fixtures can be changed.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 10:52:01 AM »

Great ideas. Thanks a million guys.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »

Welcome from Toronto, Canada. :bananarock:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.