Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Value  (Read 5680 times)

wiliturk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

Value
« on: February 03, 2019, 11:36:03 PM »

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a '19 Mako Blue Road Glide CVO. I'm being offered a much better deal than other dealers offered me on a Scorched Orange Limited, pretty close to the same money. Also, I've looked at two used CVOs and they were actually worse deals. I love the color and I've wanted one since I came around to the Harley touring bikes three years ago. My question, has anyone been totally dissatisfied with their purchase of a CVO? Did anyone regret it?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Value
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:17:51 AM »

"My question, has anyone been totally dissatisfied with their purchase of a CVO? Did anyone regret it?"

Some love their CVOs, some do not. Some love all of the ones they have purchased, others do not.  You ask a very good question but it's a very subjective one and on a forum where people like to vent about issues & problems (all forums not just this one) you will get the "warts and all" type answers.  Some advice - concentrate on answers from folks who actually OWN & ride a 2019 Road Glide CVO.  Answers from folks on pre 2017 CVOs are on a different engine platform (not the M8 motor - the 110 cu inch and depending on how far back other motors).  Like comparing apples and oranges, basically.

I ride a 2017 CVO Limited - not the 19 CVO Road Glide. 114 motor, not the 117 in the 2018s & 2019s.  Best bike I have ever had & best Harley.  Other opinions will vary.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:51:38 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:27:28 AM »

Some love their CVOs, some do not. Some love all of the ones they have purchased, others do not.  You ask a very good question but it's a very subjective one and on a forum where people like to vent about issues & problems (all forums not just this one) you will get the "warts and all" type answers.  Some advice - concentrate on answers from folks who actually OWN & ride a 2019 Road Glide CVO.  Answers from folks on pre 2017 CVOs are on a different engine platform (not the M8 motor - the 110 cu inch and depending on how far bike other motors).  Like comparing apples and oranges, basically.

I ride a 2017 CVO Limited - not the 19 CVO Road Glide. 114 motor, not the 117 in the 2018s & 2019s.  Best bike I have ever had & best Harley.  Other opinions will vary.

An Excellent and very well stated post!

Also, keep in mind the phrasing of your question.  If you ask "has anyone been totally dissatisfied with their purchase of a CVO? Did anyone regret it?"  You will only hear from the negative side of the spectrum and that might give the false impression that many are dissatisfied.   

wiliturk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 10:14:52 AM »

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, what I want to know is the value there? The price they cost, are they worth it? I don't care about bragging rights, I'm just going to ride it. I want the bigger motor and I love the look. It satisfies me, the bike is the chit. Myself, I'm having a problem wrapping my head around the price. Is there enough added value to make it worth it?

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 11:51:18 AM »

Go into your decision "eyes wide open"
You ask good questions.
Thanks for the replies. To clarify, what I want to know is the value there? The price they cost, are they worth it? I don't care about bragging rights, I'm just going to ride it. I want the bigger motor and I love the look. It satisfies me, the bike is the chit. Myself, I'm having a problem wrapping my head around the price. Is there enough added value to make it worth it?

Asking only 2019 CVO Road Glide owners is going to give you a very small research category.
Two problems by limiting your info to that group only. 
1.  Not very many owners of that specific model and year as it is a CVO limited production.
2.  Ownership of that single model is less than 1 year and overall not too many miles to accurately answer your questions.

You are spending absolutely top dollar in the motorcycle industry and you say "I''m just going to ride it". 

With the money you are going to spend, and the desire you have to "just ride it" you may want to search "sumping" before you purchase what is one of the most expensive factory produced motorcycles made.

Then YOU decide if "if the value is there" or "if they are worth it"

Many opinions:
There are many scorned anti-HD from bad experiences, and just as many who are so HD BRAND loyal they would pay $150k for a Ford Pinto if HD started remaking them with an HD badge.

Your going to need to research with your eyes wide open.

Ultimately you have to answer the questions.  Best of luck to you with your decision.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:53:16 AM by guppytrash »

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 12:12:42 PM »

There has always been debate as to whether or not the CVO is worth it.   IMHO the answer is yes.  I traded a '16 CVO Street Glide that had a tuned 110 with a good exhaust.   That bike was a monster, but the '19 is every bit as powerful in completely stock form (just my seat of the pants experience)  In addition to the engine you get Power Locking Saddlebags,  Sirius XM with weather maps which are nice for outrunning the rain, WHIM Module, Apple Carplay which is big for me because I use Wayze and Amazon Music, All the Defiance Trim, wheels, The Mako Paint which is beautiful, ABS, Leather Seat, Boom GTS Stage II, LED Everything, Embroidered Bike Cover...   Plus, Exclusivity.   The bottom line is that not everyone can afford or get the credit to buy a $44,000 dollar bike.  People are drawn to my bike everywhere I go.   If you can afford it, and you are an enthusiast, then I say do it!

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »

^^^^ My 18 is the best bike that I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot. Buy it, ride it, enjoy it but don't tell anyone how much you enjoy it so that we can keep some exclusivity! lol  :bananarock:
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

k9f

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »

With my own purchase a little two years ago I made a list of what the CVO had over the standard model and came up with the following:

Bigger engine, USD forks, twin disks up front, cruise control, fly by wire, Daymaker and LED lighting all round, axle and swing arm bolt covers, calliper inserts and a natty paint job to boot to name but a few. It was enough for me personally as there were loads of non CVO models about.

Over here we pay in pounds what you pay in dollars for everything Harley-Davidson so in today's money we pay 30% more for the same item. Also unsure about potential resale values over there but here CVOs do hold their money quite well over non CVO models.

Buying a CVO still unfortunately didn't prevent me spending a further £5k on making it my own! I hoped it would! If your pockets are deep enough I would say 'Life is too damn short and there are no pockets in a shroud, go for it!'   

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:14 PM »

I have owned 3 CVOs & when I compared the CVO bigger motor than stock, CVO paint, CVO add ons that are not on standard bikes, and CVO convenience features like remote locking bags & heated grips/seat I found the CVOs to be a better value - for me - than trying to customize a bike to that level on my own. Others have a different opinion.

Ultimately it is up to you to decide.  I customized a 2002 Road King (not a CVO model) to a CVO level of modifications & it cost me more than the CVO would have.  Rode it for 16 years & got the use out of it but when I traded it those add ons were not on a par with what the trade in dollars would have been had that bike been a CVO.  Long way of saying CVOs have a higher price when new & can command a higher price at trade in or selling time.

If the bike fits your needs, if it is fun to ride, and you like the color then like the gal at the bar says now it's just a matter of money.

Good luck on what you decide - try to find a 2019 CVO RG owner to talk to.  They are the best source of info, bar none. 

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »

Over here we pay in pounds what you pay in dollars for everything Harley-Davidson so in today's money we pay 30% more for the same item. Also unsure about potential resale values over there but here CVOs do hold their money quite well over non CVO models.

Do the dealers over there really mark them up that much? The UK msrp for the CVO Road Glide is £33,595 while the US msrp is $42,339. If they are marking them up to £42,339 that is way worse than what we complain about dealers in the states doing.

To answer the OP's question, I own a 2018 CVO Limited. I love the bike and would buy it again. I upgraded the engine to Harley's stage 3 with their high flow exhaust and street tuner to stay warranty compliant. I am very happy with the power even knowing there is more to be had if warranty wasn't a concern. So far it has been trouble free. The power locks, tpms, and paint are nice. If I look at it strictly from a money standpoint, no it is not worth it. If I approach it from how much enjoyment I get from it, it absolutely is. This is a luxury purchase after all, not an essential item. From trading a 2016 CVO Road Glide towards this purchase, this is certainly not an investment, so don't approach it that way. To me  it comes down to I wanted it, I could afford it, and I enjoy it.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 01:45:25 PM »

Let's face it. It is stupid money. But that being said, they are bad As hell. You only live once.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

14 CVO King

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »

I have a 19' Road Glide, YES it was worth it to me.  As said by a few others, it's a great bike and the features on it are awesome, personally the remote bag locks are the best part.  I would do it all over again, same awesome paint and model.  Value is a very subjective question, as what I value is completely different than others, I saw the bike as the dealer was rolling it onto the floor and I knew it would be mine.  Never asked opinions, did pass it by the boss though, I just started making the deal.  So the point is if you have to ask strangers if they regret the purchase maybe you're not feeling it, if you are then get it and enjoy the hell out of it. I know I am, now to just figure out how to get the locking bags on my Road King.

Good luck on your decision and enjoy the new ride, which ever you decide.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 12:48:08 AM »

I had three CVOs before I bought my 2018 RG Ultra 107" (non-CVO) instead of another CVO.  The dealer installed the Stage 3 kit, which brought mine up to the same 114" as the CVO.  Then I added good exhaust pipes, heated grips and CVO heated seat, top-notch floorboards and highway pegs, SiriusXM radio, and some odds and ends.  While my paint job (beautiful Twisted Cherry) is not as fancy as the CVO paint, I like it very much.

So my "build your own" BYO CVO has most of the CVO features for about $9000 less.  When it comes to trade or sell time, the engine mods will add value, and most of the other add-ons can be removed easily and sold.  So, will it hold value like a CVO (supposedly one of the good things about them)?  I think there's a good chance it will maintain the same percentage of the original MSRP as will a CVO...not to mention the $9000 savings up front. 

Clearly, mine is a better economic value, and that's without considering the extra interest you'd pay on financing the higher CVO price (and I paid cash for the bike and all mods) and the higher insurance rates.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 06:52:39 AM »

I know I am, now to just figure out how to get the locking bags on my Road King.

Good luck on your decision and enjoy the new ride, which ever you decide.
I actually added power saddlebag locks to my 2016 Street Glide.  Takes some $$      See my thread:  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=116301.msg1471744#msg1471744

Macdaddy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »

Do the dealers over there really mark them up that much? The UK msrp for the CVO Road Glide is £33,595 while the US msrp is $42,339. If they are marking them up to £42,339 that is way worse than what we complain about dealers in the states doing.

To answer the OP's question, I own a 2018 CVO Limited. I love the bike and would buy it again. I upgraded the engine to Harley's stage 3 with their high flow exhaust and street tuner to stay warranty compliant. I am very happy with the power even knowing there is more to be had if warranty wasn't a concern. So far it has been trouble free. The power locks, tpms, and paint are nice. If I look at it strictly from a money standpoint, no it is not worth it. If I approach it from how much enjoyment I get from it, it absolutely is. This is a luxury purchase after all, not an essential item. From trading a 2016 CVO Road Glide towards this purchase, this is certainly not an investment, so don't approach it that way. To me  it comes down to I wanted it, I could afford it, and I enjoy it.

No, CVO's in the UK are never sold above MSRP.

Just bought my 19 Road Glide and it was priced at MSRP, of course I got the dealer to throw in a couple of bits and pieces!

k9f

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 12:54:55 PM »

The motorcycle pricing has indeed become more reasonable. For the above example we only pay $4000 more at today's exchange rate for the same machine inclusive of shipping/import tax etc.

Nevertheless the clothing etc. remains as it was. For example FXRG Triple Vent Riding Jacket, your price $650 ours £663.49 or $862 in your money. Maybe IF Brexit happens things may get better perhaps, but what on Earth would you want to buy from us? Beer!

:end: ;D 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »

The motorcycle pricing has indeed become more reasonable. For the above example we only pay $4000 more at today's exchange rate for the same machine inclusive of shipping/import tax etc.

Nevertheless the clothing etc. remains as it was. For example FXRG Triple Vent Riding Jacket, your price $650 ours £663.49 or $862 in your money. Maybe IF Brexit happens things may get better perhaps, but what on Earth would you want to buy from us? Beer!

We get the same screwing in Canada!!!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 01:38:18 PM »

but what on Earth would you want to buy from us? Beer!

Started to say Caitriona Balfe.  But she's Irish. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 02:48:54 PM »

Did not know she was for sale.   :nixweiss:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 02:54:22 PM »

Did not know she was for sale.   :nixweiss:

Bid's?

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »

I bought my 18 CVO Road Glide here in the U.K. for less than MRSP and I love it. My first CVO was a 14 Road King and I loved that. It always made me feel very special and the paintwork looked awesome.

When I was deciding to switch to a RG I couldn’t decide whether to go for the RG Special and then spend money customising it. The fact that the CVO has the 21” wheel and the 117 swayed it as I would have had to spend some serious money to have got anywhere near the CVO including a custom paint job. Having said that the Special now comes with the 114 and the GTS so I often wonder what I had done if the decision was now.

I don’t regret it though as I never regret anything as you just don’t know what’s round the corner. Let’s face it none of us are getting out of here alive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 04:23:22 PM »

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a '19 Mako Blue Road Glide CVO. I'm being offered a much better deal than other dealers offered me on a Scorched Orange Limited, pretty close to the same money. Also, I've looked at two used CVOs and they were actually worse deals. I love the color and I've wanted one since I came around to the Harley touring bikes three years ago. My question, has anyone been totally dissatisfied with their purchase of a CVO? Did anyone regret it?
Well here goes i just purchased a Mako Blue 2 months ago and love it! I also own a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Classic (WILL NEVER BE FOR SALE) and have owned over 11 CVO bikes in total over the past several years and i see most dealers only keep these things here in AZ for a couple days and in most cases have deposits before they arrive! Demand is still high and resale value is great in my opinion and i wouldn't hesitate to buy that thing! Matter of fact get your deposit on it done before its sold!   
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

Blue666s

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

• CVO1: 2019 CVO RG
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2005 CVO RG
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »

I just bought a 2019 CVO Road Glide, the two-tone silver one.  I came from a 2015 Road Glide Special that I added boom 2 stereo, lowers with speakers and a chopped tour pack.  Also had George Bryce at Star Racing take the 103 engine to his 107 kit, taking it from 76 to 130 hp.  So it wasn't your average Road Glide Spaeial.

I now have ~ 380 miles on the new CVO.  My impressions so far:
This new bike has much better handling than my 2015, which I had added a 21" front wheel to, and then lowered the forks to bring it back to "level".  The old bike still didn't handle the way I wanted, but the new CVO drops into a corner like butter.  Hp/tq are a little bit higher in the rev-range than the 2-valve motors but for a stock bike, it pulls and accelerates well.  The infotainment system is beyond impressive, and I'm really happy I got it.  But because your question is so subjective, your mileage will certainly vary. 

I have also added the CVO chopped tour pack and will ultimately have some engine work one day to take it to the power-levels I came from, or higher.   But so far, I'm glad I got the new CVO Road Glide, but at the end of the day, you'll be the one stroking the check for the monthly payments so only you can decide what path is right for you.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:58 AM »

I owned a 2018 CVO Road Glide.  I put 24,800 miles on it before I traded.  Only issues I had with it was blowing Saddlebag lid speakers.  It was my 6th CVO since 2009.  I do not feel they hold their value as well as they use to.  That said, I believe it is true of all Harleys now, not holding value as well. 

I now have a 2019 CVO Road Glide with just over 2100 miles on it.

Several have had issues with the M8 (2017-2019) motors sumping, but most of them have had a Stage IV kit installed, not all though.  They claim the new design oil pump seal fixes it it for 2019.  That said there are a couple that have had the 2019 motor sump.

One time my 2018 felt like it might be sumping, but after a short stop I never felt the loss of power again.

It's a new motor design for HD.  I do think some have issues, but not as many issues as were with the Previous Twin Cam 110 motors used from 2007 until 2016 in CVO bikes.  Those had some issues never fixed, like lifter Failure.  I think the M8 is a better motor than the twin cam.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

When it comes to trade or sell time, the engine mods will add value

Clearly, mine is a better economic value, and that's without considering the extra interest you'd pay on financing the higher CVO price (and I paid cash for the bike and all mods) and the higher insurance rates.

I think you'll find that the engine mods will not add value, and may, in fact, decrease value.

as far as insurance, the cost of insurance for my 2013 cvo has been pretty consistently on par with the cost of the insurance for my wife's 2012 non cvo.  especially as hers has an extra $10,000 accessories coverage that the cvo doesn't have to have.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »

Emotional purchases are rarely reconcilable value....what's more emotional than awesome bikes, guns, and guitars....
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »

when you think ,like iski stated, the cost of adding all the extras( engine displacement,chrome,wheels,paint scheme, heated grips/seat,audio, etc. & what it's worth in the insurance line, because it's all add -on as opposed to it being factory. You are better off with a CVO(especially on replacement cost with insurance.   jmho
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 12:57:58 AM »

I think you'll find that the engine mods will not add value, and may, in fact, decrease value.

as far as insurance, the cost of insurance for my 2013 cvo has been pretty consistently on par with the cost of the insurance for my wife's 2012 non cvo.  especially as hers has an extra $10,000 accessories coverage that the cvo doesn't have to have.
YMMV, but my experience has been as I described.  A large part of it depends on the buyer's desires.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 07:16:54 AM »

I have a ‘19 Mako with about 2k miles and really really like it. The color is AWESOME outside, but difficult to keep clean. I had a ‘17 CVO Limited with about 10k trouble free miles and an ‘18 RGS with about 3k trouble free miles. Both of those had the HD Stage 2 TQ cam set up. The Mako is by far my favorite between those bikes. As for value here are my thoughts. You cannot buy a non CVO bike and add all of the CVO things to it for the price. If you do spend $10-$15k on add-ons to a non CVO bike you will most likely get 25% or less the value of what you added when you trade or sell. You build a bike for your enjoyment and what you can afford, not to get your money out of it down the road. As for my ‘17 CVO I bought it new Feb ‘17 and paid sticker, traded it July ‘18 and got $36.5k on trade. I actually traded down to the ‘18 RGS. Got the RGS $3k off sticker so I think I did ok. As for the Mako I have already added about $3.5k in extras to it and like I mentioned I know that is money I will not get back. I agree with Dave, generally speaking Harley’s do not hold their value nearly as well as they did in the past. The ‘18 CVO RGs still seem to bring good money and with the colors on ‘19 I think the CVO RGs will do ok for the next few years.
Good luck with your decision... FYI, make sure you look at the Mako outside in the sun before you decide on something different. It’s much different in the sun, a lot of flake. It looks blue or purple depending on the light, AWESOME color......

chasfoy12

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 06:34:49 PM »

I definitely think my 2000 BMW K1200 was a better ride. I have buyers remorse.  2015 CVO Glide.   I went with a Harley because the service at the BMW dealer was awful.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »

I've owned 5 cvo bikes over the past 15 years, no regrets. Just have to have the color that gets you. My 2017 cvo limited has been trouble free and great fun for the past 2 years, have 15k miles on it. Will keep it for another 2 or 3 years and then look at a 2023 cvo bike, lol!
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »

No word from the OP in over a week.  :nixweiss:  Are you still researching? Did you buy a bike? Let us know if you're still with us.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2010 Night Rod Special
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »

... I'm just going to ride it. I want the bigger motor and I love the look. It satisfies me

....... i think you've answered yer own question.
.... enjoy the new ride

wiliturk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »

Yes, I'm still here. I put a deposit on the bike last week. I think they understood my apprehension, that's a lot of money for a motorcycle. I needed time to wrap my head around that detail. People have me worried. Its like I am dying and everyone knows but me. " You only live once", "you can't take it with you", "you're not getting any younger", and on and on and on. My wife sat down with me and just told me, "look, you know you want it, I know you want it and I know you will enjoy it, so just buy it."
I went to the bank today and have the check. I will take it to them tomorrow.
I want to thank all of you for the replies. I considered all of your comments and it helped make my decision. When they deliver the bike and if it will quit raining, I know I will be thrilled. 

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 08:54:06 PM »

Congrats on deciding to purchase the CVO. I hope it brings you miles of smiles.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »

Congrats and welcome! It's a great club to be a member of, and the camaraderie of the people on this site puts the whole experience over the top!!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2010 Night Rod Special
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

noharley

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 01:02:14 PM »

Congratulations.
12" Yaffees
KW 9" Sport Flare
V&H Header/FP3
Rinehart Motopro 45
Legend Revo A
Legend Axeo Cartridges

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »

Nice one, enjoy :coolblue:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »

Congrats! I also purchased the Mako Blue and for ME...it’s the best bike I have owned. Every time I walk into the garage and see it, it stirs something in me. I love the look and the ride as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiliturk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »

Thanks again for the replies. They delivered the bike Saturday. It's different than anything I've owned. I've got to get used to the apes and I'm looking for a little leg room. The 21" front wheel is nice, it just falls into a corner so smooth, that part I really like. I haven't rode it enough to remark much on the power except to say it is noticeably more powerful than my 107. It rained here all day yesterday and I spent the day playing with the infotainment learning the different features. If nothing else I got me one hellaciously expensive  boom box. It does tickle me when I walk in the garage. Its cool!! 

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »

Apes? Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

:worthless:
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2010 Night Rod Special
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2019, 12:13:45 AM »

Congrats!  Enjoy your ride!  :2vrolijk_21:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2019, 06:26:02 AM »

Nice !! Good Luck with the New Ride !!!

Dante
DND

wiliturk

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »

With the break in the monsoon decade we had over the weekend I got the Road Glide our for its maiden voyage riding backroads thru the mountains in Southwest VA, into East Tennessee, back around thru North Carolina and home. The bike is a big beast and it takes some effort to hustle thru these goat paths and I felt it the end of the day. I finished the afternoon at Quaker State with a burger and a beer. I got some nice comments but it didn’t impress the large breasted blonde at the bar, oh well. Yes

DBinSD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SD

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »

With the break in the monsoon decade we had over the weekend I got the Road Glide our for its maiden voyage riding backroads thru the mountains in Southwest VA, into East Tennessee, back around thru North Carolina and home. The bike is a big beast and it takes some effort to hustle thru these goat paths and I felt it the end of the day. I finished the afternoon at Quaker State with a burger and a beer. I got some nice comments but it didn’t impress the large breasted blonde at the bar, oh well. Yes

Will,
value is only evaluated by the consumer, not opinions of others.
Congrats on your new ride !
get out on it, make adjustments to your comfort first, performance second.
Many have abused their bikes and therefore are dissatisfied with the "quality" of them (they would any other by the way) but, take good care of your equipment and it will take care of you.
Better to live a day as a lion than a life as a sheep. Ride hard, ride often 😎
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 24 queries.