Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: AMOUNT OF 01 ROAD GLIDES  (Read 18732 times)

CO-Scream

• Shouldn't I be riding?
Re: AMOUNT OF 01 ROAD GLIDES
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 07:39:48 PM »

Loose_Goose,

Thank you,

Yes, I am the original owner.  Back in May of 2000, my wife and I were riding my 1998 WideGlide around town and decided to stop at a local dealership to look for toys – and there it was, with a sold sign already on the grip.  I went up to it to drool just a little, since I had seen it in the 2000 parts spring supplement.  My wife was kinda laughing at me joking that I looked like a four-year-old looking at a puppy.  As I was arguing the fine points between a puppy and a SERG with my wife, the salesman came up and pulled the sold sign off; stating that the person who had tried to purchase the bike couldn’t get financing.  I quickly looked at my wife and she said those two words that help every marriage: “Yes, Dear.”  With my WideGlide as trade-in and a few extra dollars, the rest as they say is history. By the way, later that year I bought my wife a purple 883 to say thanks.

Haven’t really done much in the way of personalizing since it came with so much already, so far I’ve added: SE Air Kit, Billet Air Cleaner Cover with 95 Cubic Inch Medallion, SE Touring Pipes with Double Grooved Billet End Caps, Black Horn Cover, Tall Windshield, Eagle Claw Kickstand, SE Orange Plug Wires and a H-D Oil Cooler – just enough to make it say me.

One of the main reasons I joined is to get ideas what to do next; I am currently saving up for a SE 6-speed.

Myk

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005, 01:08:41 AM »

Myk, welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  We're glad you're here!

You have a great-looking scoot!  Great story about how you acquired it, too!

Take a look around.  There's lots of great info. here and everyone's a class act.  I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas for upgrades. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

red1dr

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 09:37:37 PM »

Here is another black and silver. Had to purchase the original wheels from HD because the PREVIOUS OWNER PUT 9 SPOKE DRESSER WHEELS ON IT. Set me back 625 each. Otherwise I love the ride and had some issues w/ the idle but got that straightened out . I have heard of so many different #s for production which do you believe? 

SEEG Geezer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 09:43:23 PM »

CO - great story......and great looking bike.

red1dr - beautiful bike.........

red1dr

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

here is another one

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »

Nice ride thanks for sharing.  It hard to get firm #'s from the motor company.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »

I have heard of so many different #s for production which do you believe? 

red1dr

I have sent a letter to the Motor Company requesting that info. If and when I get a response I will post the info.
That's a good looking bike you have!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »

Loose_Goose,

Thank you,

Yes, I am the original owner.  Back in May of 2000, my wife and I were riding my 1998 WideGlide around town and decided to stop at a local dealership to look for toys – and there it was, with a sold sign already on the grip.  I went up to it to drool just a little, since I had seen it in the 2000 parts spring supplement.  My wife was kinda laughing at me joking that I looked like a four-year-old looking at a puppy.  As I was arguing the fine points between a puppy and a SERG with my wife, the salesman came up and pulled the sold sign off; stating that the person who had tried to purchase the bike couldn’t get financing.  I quickly looked at my wife and she said those two words that help every marriage: “Yes, Dear.”  With my WideGlide as trade-in and a few extra dollars, the rest as they say is history. By the way, later that year I bought my wife a purple 883 to say thanks.

Haven’t really done much in the way of personalizing since it came with so much already, so far I’ve added: SE Air Kit, Billet Air Cleaner Cover with 95 Cubic Inch Medallion, SE Touring Pipes with Double Grooved Billet End Caps, Black Horn Cover, Tall Windshield, Eagle Claw Kickstand, SE Orange Plug Wires and a H-D Oil Cooler – just enough to make it say me.

One of the main reasons I joined is to get ideas what to do next; I am currently saving up for a SE 6-speed.

Myk

Myk
       So far, your 00 SERG is one of the best one's I've seen since they were made and I had mine. You've kept it in incredible shape and should be applauded for that. I was never a fan of the Shark-fun end caps and had Hookers on mine. Ok, a couple of pieces of advice from someone who's owned an 00 SERG and also had two types of 6 speed trans in different motor configs. I bought an 07 RG and hated the factory 6-speed until I bumped the motor up to a 103. And the stock 00 95" motor you've got isn't up to what the 07 96" was so I think you'll hate it even more. My advice would be to buy a Baker DD6 and go with the changed gearing in the primary Baker recommends. More money to be sure but money well spent. Your motor has some low end grunt but doesn't get up to speed real quick. The Baker would get you going quicker and then settle into a nice ratio in 6th. HOWEVER, before I'd do that I'd suggest you send your top end to Dave Mackie and let him do your heads and match you up with one of his cams. Your M&M EFI is fine provided you don't get carried away on cam grind. I cannot say enough good about Mackie when it comes to this. You call his company and usually he'll come on the phone and discuss what it is you want and then he'll recommend this or that. I've never met an unsatisfied Dave Mackie customer. Why ?  Because he preaches matched parts. S'anyway, and again this is my opinion, do your motor first. The 6 speed really isn't the Nirvana you think it is. Once you've got your motor thumpin like $500 hooker then give some thought to the trans. Oh yeah, you can also accomplish a lot on the cheap by changing out your primary gearing with H-D's kit and changing your final drive sprocket. Lots to think about. Bottom line is what are you hoping to gain ? I wish you the best and welcome to the site

B B

PS
    As to poduction numbers on the 00 SERGs, I was always under the impression they made 1550 total with a few less of the Black/White/Orange ones than the Maroon Ones.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:33:28 PM by SPIDERMAN »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

. . . I wish you the best and welcome to the site

B B

PS
    As to poduction numbers on the 00 SERGs, I was always under the impression they made 1550 total with a few less of the Black/White/Orange ones than the Maroon Ones.

2 1/2 years since that post and you're just now getting around to welcoming him to the site? :nixweiss: :D :drink:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:14 PM »

2 1/2 years since that post and you're just now getting around to welcoming him to the site? :nixweiss: :D :drink:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No chit, maybe I should pay attention to the dates on the posts

Naaaaaah, what fun would that be 

Thanks Brian for givin me the red a$$ - - - - - - - - - - as usual  ;)

B B

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No chit, maybe I should pay attention to the dates on the posts

Naaaaaah, what fun would that be 

Thanks Brian for givin me the red a$$ - - - - - - - - - - as usual  ;)

B B

Neal pays us extra if we catch you messin' up. :huepfenlol2:

That's whatcha get for venturing away from the "blanket welcome," I guess. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48:37 PM »

Neal pays us extra if we catch you messin' up. :huepfenlol2:

That's whatcha get for venturing away from the "blanket welcome," I guess. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Wow, no wonder all the mods love me so much  ;D

B B

RANDYSEI2

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

You guys are way too much fun.

sheetzakiss

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 12:51:21 AM »

The number I have heard is about 1750 units were made. 1023 were the blue scheme and 727 were black and charcoal.

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »

So if the total amount is 1750 instead of 1550, and 1023 were blue and 727 were black. Is their anyway of telling what number your bike is out of the 1023 (Blue) or 727 (Black)?

The FLTRSEI2 Supplement, page 2-3 breaks down the VIN. The Sequential Number is the what number? Number of Road Glides built in 2001?

I'm trying to figure out what number of the 727 Black SERG built in 2001 is mine. I like to use it as a plate number.

Does anyone know if their is a Worldwide CVO Registry? Like DeTomaso Club has for the Mangusta and Pantera cars?
A BMW rider started a registry just for the K1200LT, BMW's top of the line touring bike.

I just Googled looking for a CVO Registry and the thread directed me to this website.

Frank
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:47:02 PM by FrankD »
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 24 queries.