Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sissy bar and headlamp question  (Read 3476 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Sissy bar and headlamp question
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »

I guess tall sissybars would look good on SE Springer.Any detachables?MOCO or aftermarket as long as chrome is good.You guys think we could relocate turn signals and add passing lamps?Any toughts?Come on guys show me what you got.
 [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

Re: Sissy bar and headlamp question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Oh almost forgot!!!!!!
 [smiley=worthless.gif]
Ridin Legend

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »

I agree - not a very good shot of my Springer - but you can see the 2007 softail custom sissy bar I installed minus the goofy seat, the air cleaner off a 2006 SEFB and the Headlight piece
I think the bar looks great and most people think it just came that way because it seems like it should
Whatever -- I liked it !!
-Beerman
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:15:41 AM »

Exactly what i was talkin about it looks so coooooolll!!!!!You got a part number????
Ridin Legend

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 08:47:58 AM »

Yes, it's on pg 272 upper left side ( the backrest that they reccomend that is)
P# 51849-07 --they also recco 4 #4598 Torx screws
You'll need to remove the entire strut dressup piece the factory puts on SE Springers, as this won't fit over it.
Screws on on with lock tight - don't be bashful taking them off - they won't just spin !
I bought a couple button allens and a couple Brake Cal. center pieces to finish off where the pad would normally be. You'll see what I mean if you look at a stock Softail Custom, or when you get the bar.
Cost around $150 or so but it's all one piece unlike the normal HD sissy bars that are 2 plates and an upright made out of square stock - they end up costing $150 by the time you buy everything as well
-Beerman

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »

Beerman thank you for sharing the info.I made a search with that number at MoCo page it didnt show anything.But i know the part.Could you check once again for the part number please if its not too much trouble for you?Thanks
Ridin Legend

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 06:50:21 PM »

I have my left finger on page 272 of the 2007 cat. upper left side photo and I'm typing with my right hand----51849-07 is the upright
It's a new Part# and it's not shown as a available part but your dealer can order it
Hey - I'm sober - really  -
-Beerman

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:48:31 AM »

LOL I ll drink to that!!!!! [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.