Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Considering purchase  (Read 2542 times)

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Considering purchase
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:32 PM »

I am considering the purchase of a Springer SE and would like the forums opinion. I currently selling a SE FXR4 and I have owned an 05 SE Electraglide. I loved the 103 in the 05.. the motor was strong and hauled ass for a touring bike. I have heard many mixed reviews about the 110. Seems to be feeling the motor needs pipes, race tuner and potentially cams to open it up. Thoughts?

What has been the experience on purchase price? Bikes here in the PHX area are MSRP++.

Thanks in advance for the help.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Considering purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

It,s a great bike , I have owned almost every model HD makes this is my 1st springer and I like it as for the 110 it sure needs some help such as pipes turner breather asap , wait and see about cams :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

roadking40

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »

Thanks for the response. The 110 HD seems to be a little light in most opinions. I have not been on one, but I have yet to hear a hell yea. I too love the springer, it's bad ass. I had an 03 FLSTS and really liked it. Any other thoughts?

bad07sespringer

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »

I have installed SE Heavey Breather, V&H bigshot staggereds and SE Race Tuner. Mine has great low end and mid range power but seems to lay down on the big end. Curretly it is making 90hp 105ft pds torque. I am looking into putting a 10.5:1 comp w/SE C&C Ported heads and SE260 cam and Horsepower Inc. throttle body.   

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:54 PM »

Thanks for the response. The 110 HD seems to be a little light in most opinions. I have not been on one, but I have yet to hear a hell yea. I too love the springer, it's bad ass. I had an 03 FLSTS and really liked it. Any other thoughts?

Well, I know what the 110 can do in the SEUC². Now think of that in a lighter bike... Yea, I'll give it a Hell Yea!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.