Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK?  (Read 8065 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:32 PM »

Well, I just Bought a 2007 SE Springer in Red/Copper----so I guess I like them!! A whole lot!
I have a 1997 Her Springer with 40,000 on it no complaints  --- I'll be keeping it too
I was just waiting for something that spoke to me if you know what I mean.
110 / 6 speed / custom Paint / wheels / etc did the trick
I'll let you fellows know how it works after I have a few miles on it.
Paid MSRP from the local dealer in Akron

Congrats on the purchase, I think that bike is stunning! Lets see some pics [smiley=worthless.gif]

And welcome to the site [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CVO-RIDER

• Junior CVO Member
  • So many roads to ride. OH wait there's work
    • CA

• CVO1: SERK 2002 Purple
    • CVO2: SED 2004 Blue sold
    • CVO3: SEEG 2005 Red sold
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »

I'LL 2nd that. CONGRATS ON BIKE & LET'S SEE THE PICS

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:31 PM »

congrats on the purchase

springer07

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 04:48:11 PM »

i WANT  one bad, ill be trading my 06 night train in for one... never riddin a springer but that  is pure bad azz lookin, ill tell you all also when i git it, and red is the best lookin one....

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 09:14:44 AM »

We had the opportunity to see the red springer at the N. Richmond shop this past weekend.  Wow - that is one gorgeous looking bike.  They painted the frame and the springer front end.  I always loved the springer front end all in chrome, but painted looks pretty good too.  I have never ridden a bike like this, but I have never ridden a lot of bikes period, so even though I am not inclined to trade my SEEG for another bike, I admire this one and am so happy for those that will add this pony to the stables.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Shodan01

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 07:19:51 AM »

Personally I think it ROCKS ! !

The bikes look BEST in person of course....Paint this year is fairly subtle with the exception of GOLD, which might be next.......

Now:

Me -    2007 FXSTSSE (Canyon Copper)

Her -    2006 VRSCSEII (Black Orange)
Then:

Me -   2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black/Orange
         2007 FLHTCUSE2 Lightning !
         2007 FXSTSSE (Blue)

Her -   2007 FXDSE Granite

DHTDHT

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »

There has never been any official Harley statement, or even a hint from Harley that the Springer will be discontinued.  The company did not include the classic springer in their '07 line-up, but did include it in the CVO line — simple as that.  All else is pure speculation.

As to the springer front end not handling well, I have to disagree.  Other than the '89 and '07 Springers that I currently own, I ride a Ducati 900FE, and frequently borrow my wife's Ducati Monster 750. My last Harley was a Dyna. I also ride dirtbikes, primarily Honda. What I am saying, is that I am no stranger to the telescopic fork or to performance style riding. The Springer front end handles quite nicely. I think it actually corners better than my '01 Dyna.  I guess everything is subjective, and based on how an individual feels the feedback from the bike and the road.

Now I could go on about the handling of the Electraglide...but once again, that would be highly subjective, and incidentally, would not be a positive review. As a result, I do not own an Electraglide, and likewise, the negative posters on the Springer don't seem to own that model either! ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.