Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Dragonfly fairing and fiberglass bags on a Convertible  (Read 13365 times)

CALICO

• NL

• CVO1: Softail Convertible FLSTSE
    • My motorcycle pages
Dragonfly fairing and fiberglass bags on a Convertible
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »

I have been thinking of buying hard bags and a batwing fairing for my CVO Softail Convertible. My biggest concern would be finding a paint shop that could match the original. Has anyone ever done this and with what results?
Cal

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Re: Dragonfly fairing and fiberglass bags on a Convertible
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »

Did you go with a Batwing fairing?  If you did, are you interested in selling the fairing off the Convertible?
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

CALICO

• NL

• CVO1: Softail Convertible FLSTSE
    • My motorcycle pages
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

I did not do it. I decided that the cost would outweigh the benefit. I am now waiting to see what is going to be in the 2014 CVO lineup. It maybe time to trade. Good luck with your search.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »

""are you interested in selling the fairing off the Convertible?""

Got a batwing in the paint shop at the present time.   Whenever I get it home and get it mounted,  hooked up and evaluated,  I might have a 2010 fairing for sale.   

Cowboybagger,  I tried to send you a email.

Will post some pictures when I get er done.   :)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:01:47 AM »

""are you interested in selling the fairing off the Convertible?""

Got a batwing in the paint shop at the present time.   Whenever I get it home and get it mounted,  hooked up and evaluated,  I might have a 2010 fairing for sale.   

Cowboybagger,  I tried to send you a email.

Will post some pictures when I get er done.   :)

Where did you order the Batwing from?
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »

I bought a Dragonfly fairing for my bike, the dealership was going to install it. They called me to come look at it cause it looked like crap and boy were they right. Good thing I didn't get it painted first. The fairing was 2500.00 with everything on it. Returned it with a twenty percent restocking fee. What a rip-off Dragonfly is. I don't recommend any type of fairing for the convertible.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »

I bought a Dragonfly fairing for my bike, the dealership was going to install it. They called me to come look at it cause it looked like crap and boy were they right. Good thing I didn't get it painted first. The fairing was 2500.00 with everything on it. Returned it with a twenty percent restocking fee. What a rip-off Dragonfly is. I don't recommend any type of fairing for the convertible.
Thanks for the heads up! ill keep away!!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 08:14:43 PM »

Where did you order the Batwing from?

I will post a picture of my fairing once I get it installed.   If I am happy with the result then I will post the website for the people who made it.    They are made of ABS plastic and are molded to fit the convertibles smaller headlight.

It looked good when I made sure of the fitment, but I want to make sure that it works well before I recommend the product.   They have at least 3 on bikes now.

Hopefully,  I will be posting in a couple of weeks. 

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »

Can't wait!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »

I will post a picture of my fairing once I get it installed.   If I am happy with the result then I will post the website for the people who made it.    They are made of ABS plastic and are molded to fit the convertibles smaller headlight.

It looked good when I made sure of the fitment, but I want to make sure that it works well before I recommend the product.   They have at least 3 on bikes now.

Hopefully,  I will be posting in a couple of weeks. 
Looking forward to it! hope it all works out well,

Ksbowhunters73

• 2010 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »

Yes i bought mine from "Wide Open Customs" in Oswego Ks. and had TC Concepts LLC in Topeka Ks paint it to match! it turned out absolutely amazing! by far the #1 purchase i have made to my convertible! for some reason website is not letting me post any pics. Good luck

hammer3278

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Yes i bought mine from "Wide Open Customs" in Oswego Ks. and had TC Concepts LLC in Topeka Ks paint it to match! it turned out absolutely amazing! by far the #1 purchase i have made to my convertible! for some reason website is not letting me post any pics. Good luck

I didn't see a fairing that showed a match to the ConV, which one did you choose?

Also, any source for good hard saddlebags? Sadly, I'm leaning more and more towards a touring bike but don't want to lose so much on selling this bike.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »

I had a Dragonfly fairing & returned it. Unless your 6'5", you can't see over it. I don't think any other fairing would be an different.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »

""I didn't see a fairing that showed a match to the ConV, which one did you choose?""

Wide Open has a picture of the conV under the softtails, ( it is orange )  If you are interested you will need to contact them for info.

I have one at the painter and will give feedback and pictures when I get it on.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »

For posting photos, please check the photos are under 2mb each! thats the maximun size you can download,
Post the photos, we need to see it! :worthless:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:24:32 PM by Charlie »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 20 queries.