Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?  (Read 17621 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Since politics has invaded forum-Who buys the Global Warming issue?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 08:57:49 AM »

Perhaps one thing that needs to be done is to stop calling it global warming and call it what it actually is:  Climate Change.  And then spend the rest of your life researching historical climate data that will ultimately show that climate change has been and always will be an ongoing process, before man existed and most likely after man ceases to exist.  Using the term "global warming" makes it too easy for folks to blow off the whole idea when they don't see a big change in the thermometer.  However, if you look at the ice cap situation it should be pretty obvious that there is a major change underway.  Would that change have taken place if man didn't exist, or is it a product of man screwing up the atmosphere?  Don't know, and don't see any foolproof way to figure it out either.  The best we can do is look at the scientific models and realize that reducing carbon and ozone emissions may or may not help, but surely won't hurt.  And of course, man being the manipulative and greedy creature he is, there will be plenty of folks who profit from this fear mongering.  That also has been the way of the world, and will most likely not change until man ceases to exist.

Jerry

In the end, WE will probably be what causes man to exist! We are are own worst enemies and will eventually help lead to our own demise! If a natural evolution doesn't take us out first!

You really can't prove anything. In our minds, we're so smart, we think we know what's going on. As scientists we need to prove prove things. So we do. Then one day, we'll discover that all the theories and premises we believe today, are no longer valid. Then everything will change logarithmically. One day there is no man. Next day there is and the world is definitely flat. Next day you're on the moon and still think we have a clue! Bottom line is, there's only one thing we really know for sure. That is WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING! :o

Pretty arrogant of us to think this entire universe, and maybe many more universes, are here just for us. Hehehe! We don't know NOTHING!!!

So for me it's worth repeating. Since we don't know NOTHING, and they tell me the earth's been around for 5 billion years and man ain't been here for most of it. They've only had motorcycles for last 100 or so years. And they've only been really good for the last 50! I know WTF I'm doing here! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:32 AM »

I don't know what extent we have contributed to global warming, it could be a normal cycle. I don't think anyone can disagree that strip natural resources and pumping millions of tons of pollutants into the air can't be good!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »

I personally do not buy into the global warming Hoax at all!
Maybe we are now into an era where there is warming going on, but only 30 years ago we were going into an ice age

no matter what happens Global Warming is the root cause,,,,

Global warming has not been proved scientifically

it is gigantic leap to assume or infer this is man made....

and even if this was man made, do you have faith in the government that they could even correct if they wanted to correct?

No, No and No

think about it this way..........new shore front properties!   the liberals should embrace the redistribution of wealth

I AGREE _ it's snowing in California , people are trapped (in thier cars) on I-5 going on second day , Where is the warm?  ;D ;D ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 10:11:24 AM »

I AGREE _ it's snowing in California , people are trapped (in thier cars) on I-5 going on second day , Where is the warm?  ;D ;D ;D

It's very warm Wayne..........

UP ALL THEM POLITICIAN'S ASSES!!! :D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 10:38:34 AM »

Gore should never have won a Noble for that piece of trash.....many wrong facts and outright lies

He is the one that brought this forefront and has become the latest joke because of it.......his political career is

done! It was a Micheal Moore attempt to scare the general population.

I believe the whole global warming issue is a way to get greater powers to the government to collect more monies

to fund ones personal agenda. I am going to listen to the biggest hypocrite how I should conserve energy as He flies

across the country in private jets with his big energy monster house. He (Gore) has lost his mind!

It is almost as bad as John Edwards defender of the poor people going for redistribution of wealth, lets just start with

him, and takes his money (earned as a stinking trial lawyer) and give it away!  I cannot stand these guys!

My sentiments exactly, Sir.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »

My sentiments exactly, Sir.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Aye Aye!   :2vrolijk_21:

Miker

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

So for me it's worth repeating. Since we don't know NOTHING, and they tell me the earth's been around for 5 billion years and man ain't been here for most of it. They've only had motorcycles for last 100 or so years. And they've only been really good for the last 50! I know WTF I'm doing here! ;)

Hoist! 8)

I have to concur with Hoist, we don't know NOTHIN' except that riding is good-worrying bad, not gonna do it...wouldn't be prudent...(in his best Bush senior voice)...let's ride as often as possible. Motorcycles are good for the environment. Topless women are good for the environment! Beer is better than water!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »

9* this morning!!! :-\

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »

I have to concur with Hoist, we don't know NOTHIN' except that riding is good-worrying bad, not gonna do it...wouldn't be prudent...(in his best Bush senior voice)...let's ride as often as possible. Motorcycles are good for the environment. Topless women are good for the environment! Beer is better than water!

Since combinations of good things must be better than combinations of bad things (love deductive reasoning like that!) I propose that weather reports about global warming now all be done by topless women riding motorcycles drinking beer.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

I'll second that motion!   :pepper:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »

my view is this, things happen in natural cycles, it might get warmer but then it will get colder. can we help slow the warming, probally. but then what to we do when we hit a cooling cycle?

i have often joked that the damn researchers are the ones melting the north pole. how many people went there before we bagan studying it? now how many go there? what means of transport do they use that arent dumping hot exhaust gases all over the glaciers and ice pack.......
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »

From my perspective, there are areas near my house in the Bay Area of California that never get snow, but are covered in white stuff now.  Global Warming?  Bullchit!!!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »

Since Al Bore invented the internet, I don't buy his global warming either.  Supposed to be 6 degrees in the am tomorrow.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »

You know, If someone wants to buy into the whole Global Warming scam, why are they not giving up their private jets, S.U.V's, and their gasoline burning motorcycles.
I mean really, there are other means of conveyance.  If they are serious about "saving the planet" why are they not setting the example by riding bicycles and driving electric only cars.
Do you think it could be that they don't believe their spill either???

I am talking about all of them; from the politicians all the way down to the common tree-hugger out there trying to sell the Global Warming story.  Come on, I want to see bicycles.  Come on, y'all be the example.

We will need alliterative sources of energy in the future for a few different reasons.  Please stop telling me the "Sky Is Falling" and expend your efforts on developing a cost effective alternative to fossil fuel.  
Until someone presents a good "alternative", I'm going to drive may diesel 4X4, ride my Harley, and turn my tunes up to drown out their propaganda.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

Just what is "Global Temperature"? How do you calculate it? How did they calculate it 100 years ago, 50 years ago? What does all of this mean?  :nixweiss:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070315101129.htm

:indian_chief:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.