Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2012 Roadglide Primeapes  (Read 7501 times)

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
Re: 2012 Roadglide Primeapes
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

Thanks for the pics and info!  My,my,my.....

I better go hide my wallet.  This is gonna get expensive now.

Love it!

akcvo

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple Metallic. 13 inch LA Choppers Primeapes, Boogeylights LED lighting, Arlen Ness mirrors.
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

I picked these over the Yaffe bars because they are a hundred bucks cheaper and no wait to get them.  I like the ride a lot.  They are very wide bars at 39".  They arent really that much taller than stock, probably an inch or so.  If I was going to get the Yaffe bars, I would probably get the 14's.  But I love these bars and highly reccomend them.  They look killer and do not hurt the handling at all.  My hands do stick out very slightly past the fairing now, but still get pretty good wind protection.  There is no issue with the fairing or windshield while turning.  They really give the bike that custom look.  They are exactly what I wanted.  At six feet tall they put my hands about shoulder level.  I tried to post better pics but the system says they are too large?  So if you are thinking about doing these bars and want me to email you some pics my email address is frontiersoldier@yahoo.com

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »

email sent!  Thanks man.

akcvo

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple Metallic. 13 inch LA Choppers Primeapes, Boogeylights LED lighting, Arlen Ness mirrors.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

better pic

akcvo

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »

akcvo

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

akcvo

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

akcvo

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »

bane1240

• HD Rocks!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »

I picked these over the Yaffe bars because they are a hundred bucks cheaper and no wait to get them.  I like the ride a lot.  They are very wide bars at 39".  They arent really that much taller than stock, probably an inch or so.  If I was going to get the Yaffe bars, I would probably get the 14's.  But I love these bars and highly reccomend them.  They look killer and do not hurt the handling at all.  My hands do stick out very slightly past the fairing now, but still get pretty good wind protection.  There is no issue with the fairing or windshield while turning.  They really give the bike that custom look.  They are exactly what I wanted.  At six feet tall they put my hands about shoulder level.  I tried to post better pics but the system says they are too large?  So if you are thinking about doing these bars and want me to email you some pics my email address is frontiersoldier@yahoo.com

Thanks for the extra pics. I am 6-2" and wonder how these would work for me. I tried a bike with Yaffe 12's in Sturgis and they felt good. The width here is also a concern... 39" is WIDE. Already had to loosen my controls to get the bike on my trailer for the long haul to Sturgis with a buddy's Street Glide. Wonder if I wouldn't have to take these off to do that next time... The $100 less is also attractive along with use of stock cables.
2012 FLTRXSE (Maple)
21/17 PM Heathens
Diamond Cut Heads/Jugs
TW-7H Cams
V&H Widows/True Duals
Ness Boards

bane1240

• HD Rocks!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »

I picked these over the Yaffe bars because they are a hundred bucks cheaper and no wait to get them.  I like the ride a lot.  They are very wide bars at 39".  They arent really that much taller than stock, probably an inch or so.  If I was going to get the Yaffe bars, I would probably get the 14's.  But I love these bars and highly reccomend them.  They look killer and do not hurt the handling at all.  My hands do stick out very slightly past the fairing now, but still get pretty good wind protection.  There is no issue with the fairing or windshield while turning.  They really give the bike that custom look.  They are exactly what I wanted.  At six feet tall they put my hands about shoulder level.  I tried to post better pics but the system says they are too large?  So if you are thinking about doing these bars and want me to email you some pics my email address is frontiersoldier@yahoo.com

I pulled the trigger and went w/these on eBay for $279.95. A couple more questions if you don't mind...

1. Did you install these or have them installed? I just called my local "stealer" and they want 12 hours labor to do this job using stock cables and the guy told me that's not possible. I said how can it be 12 hours to take set of bars off and run the stock cables back through the new ones? He said its not that easy and that these bars come with many burs on inside causing much more work to feed the cables through. In some cases they cables tear and shorts occur a few days/weeks after install. Any of this true in your experience?

2. What should a normal amount of hours be for a job like this even if redoing all the cables?
2012 FLTRXSE (Maple)
21/17 PM Heathens
Diamond Cut Heads/Jugs
TW-7H Cams
V&H Widows/True Duals
Ness Boards

akcvo

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59:49 PM »

Can't wait to see the pics of your bike with em on. My dealer did need to file some burrs off. But anyone who has ever picked up a file knows that's not a big deal. The dealer said it was a bitch to pull the wires. It always is with this kind of bar (yaffe's etc). 12 hours seems high. Six is more like it. There are guys on here that did it themselves in about six I think, check another thread or two. Congrats.

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:28 PM »

I pulled the trigger and went w/these on eBay for $279.95. A couple more questions if you don't mind...

1. Did you install these or have them installed? I just called my local "stealer" and they want 12 hours labor to do this job using stock cables and the guy told me that's not possible. I said how can it be 12 hours to take set of bars off and run the stock cables back through the new ones? He said its not that easy and that these bars come with many burs on inside causing much more work to feed the cables through. In some cases they cables tear and shorts occur a few days/weeks after install. Any of this true in your experience?

2. What should a normal amount of hours be for a job like this even if redoing all the cables?

My local indy-shop said 10 hours. 

bane1240

• HD Rocks!
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »

Can't wait to see the pics of your bike with em on. My dealer did need to file some burrs off. But anyone who has ever picked up a file knows that's not a big deal. The dealer said it was a bitch to pull the wires. It always is with this kind of bar (yaffe's etc). 12 hours seems high. Six is more like it. There are guys on here that did it themselves in about six I think, check another thread or two. Congrats.

Called another local dealer and got 6 hours to re-use stock cables and have same internal setup as is on the bike now. That's more reasonable. However, if new cables end up being required, then we're into the 10+ hour range which is excessive to change handlebars IMO.

:nixweiss:

I'll advise once they're all done w/pics. Likely won't be until 1st week or two of Sept.
2012 FLTRXSE (Maple)
21/17 PM Heathens
Diamond Cut Heads/Jugs
TW-7H Cams
V&H Widows/True Duals
Ness Boards

bane1240

• HD Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

Called another local dealer and got 6 hours to re-use stock cables and have same internal setup as is on the bike now. That's more reasonable. However, if new cables end up being required, then we're into the 10+ hour range which is excessive to change handlebars IMO.

:nixweiss:

I'll advise once they're all done w/pics. Likely won't be until 1st week or two of Sept.

Bars arrived today. Set them up against stock and there's not much height difference. Maybe 1.5-2.5" or so. The 13" is at the peak of the point on the corners but they come back and down quite a bit where the controls are. They are however MUCH wider. Will require more pull back towards me for installation to turn them all the way right or left.

I may run the mirrors under the bars for a radical look if that works. Will know by 08/31. Install appt made. They look like they will look cool as hell, just as they do on AKCVO's ride.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:39:24 PM by bane1240 »
2012 FLTRXSE (Maple)
21/17 PM Heathens
Diamond Cut Heads/Jugs
TW-7H Cams
V&H Widows/True Duals
Ness Boards

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »

I can't believe what these guys want to put these bars in. I was lucky.  I had the bars in
My garage what my voltage reg went out.  I asked the dealer what they wanted to do the install and was told 4 hrs.  I said I'll throw the bars on the truck whe you pick up
My bike for the reg change out.   Best 4 hrs I ever agreed to.  I'm just also so glad I didn't have to do it.   :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:32:30 AM by cvostu »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 24 queries.