Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SE Pro 110 Performance upgrade  (Read 14086 times)

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
Re: SE Pro 110 Performance upgrade
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 12:58:36 PM »

I'm surprised HD isn't trying to give the 110 performance upgrade to the people that own the 07 and 08 110s so they could void the warranties. 

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

Be aware that in the USA it is not street legal, violates anti-tampering provisions of the emissions laws and regulations, and is not warranted.  You might want to ride that new bike without internal engine mods for a while first, to make sure there are no major problems.  Or maybe not, but I thought I would mention the things the typical dealer won't mention until after the fact.  In Australia, I don't know how the authorities would view the emissions issue, but I'm pretty certain H-D won't warrant internal engine mods in Australia any more than it would here.

Jerry

So does changing the pipes.... and a tuner

That warning is almost on all screaming eagle parts. Where do they think these parts are actually going? Race bikes? LOL

Most of things done to our bikes are not emission legal, that does not seem to stop many on this board including myself.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 08:19:47 PM »

So does changing the pipes.... and a tuner

That warning is almost on all screaming eagle parts. Where do they think these parts are actually going? Race bikes? LOL

Most of things done to our bikes are not emission legal, that does not seem to stop many on this board including myself.

I know, and maybe my mentioning it seems redundant, but you might be surprised at just how many people I've run into over the years that don't know this stuff and get talked into doing things that they later wish they hadn't done.  Like the gentleman I was talking to a few years back who got talked into having his dealer do a stage IV build on his brand new bike, and when the engine failed a year later they and H-D refused to cover the repairs.  There are tons of people out here who don't deal with this stuff on a regular basis, and some can be easily led astray by unscrupulous sales people who will tell folks anything to make a buck.  I like to try to even the playing field when I can by providing some basic information that those unscrupulous folks tend to hide or misrepresent. 

I wasn't trying to make a statement that tampering with the emissions system was wrong or immoral or anything like that, I was just letting anyone who might not realize it know that the particular kit in question, unlike the street legal kits Harley sells, was in fact NOT street legal and also not covered under the original factory warranty.  If someone knows the facts and then decides to proceed, that's fine with me. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »

I know, and maybe my mentioning it seems redundant, but you might be surprised at just how many people I've run into over the years that don't know this stuff and get talked into doing things that they later wish they hadn't done.  Like the gentleman I was talking to a few years back who got talked into having his dealer do a stage IV build on his brand new bike, and when the engine failed a year later they and H-D refused to cover the repairs.  There are tons of people out here who don't deal with this stuff on a regular basis, and some can be easily led astray by unscrupulous sales people who will tell folks anything to make a buck.  I like to try to even the playing field when I can by providing some basic information that those unscrupulous folks tend to hide or misrepresent. 

I wasn't trying to make a statement that tampering with the emissions system was wrong or immoral or anything like that, I was just letting anyone who might not realize it know that the particular kit in question, unlike the street legal kits Harley sells, was in fact NOT street legal and also not covered under the original factory warranty.  If someone knows the facts and then decides to proceed, that's fine with me. 

Jerry

Good Job Jerry,  sometimes I forget that not everyone here has read all of the threads.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 05:10:00 AM »

@Heatwave:

... Beyond that I'm not sure how any insurance agency anywhere in the world could ever determine if this kit had been installed since it is entirely inside the engine.

Riders outside the US have been far too intimidated by their governmental agencies.

at least over here damaged bikes in 95 % of all cases will be inspected at the dealers yard, the dealer who built them that is. And the dealers I know don't take a particular interest to involve themselves in an insurance fraud case. A carefull dealers will have you sign a slip stating that you were advised that your bike lost type approval and insurance and has to be newly approved before any street use.

In the last years I alone had to handle 4 such cases. One of them (big bore kit on a TC 88) turned really bad as the investigator found out (was told by the dealer I believe) that both displacement and hp was higher than stated in the documents. Not only did the insurance deny any payment, they passed the information to the authorities and my client faced no less than 4 charges: for driving a vehicle without type approval, 2 cases of insurance fraud and one of tax fraud. In the end the bike got confiscated, no compensation paid for the damages, the client lost his drivers licence for 1 1/2 years, his hunters licence and weapons permit for 5 years and had to pay a fine of 6.500 Euro  :o
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »

@Heatwave:

at least over here damaged bikes in 95 % of all cases will be inspected at the dealers yard, the dealer who built them that is. And the dealers I know don't take a particular interest to involve themselves in an insurance fraud case. A carefull dealers will have you sign a slip stating that you were advised that your bike lost type approval and insurance and has to be newly approved before any street use.

In the last years I alone had to handle 4 such cases. One of them (big bore kit on a TC 88) turned really bad as the investigator found out (was told by the dealer I believe) that both displacement and hp was higher than stated in the documents. Not only did the insurance deny any payment, they passed the information to the authorities and my client faced no less than 4 charges: for driving a vehicle without type approval, 2 cases of insurance fraud and one of tax fraud. In the end the bike got confiscated, no compensation paid for the damages, the client lost his drivers licence for 1 1/2 years, his hunters licence and weapons permit for 5 years and had to pay a fine of 6.500 Euro  :o

Even with all the problems we have here, your post is just one more reason why it's good to live and ride in America and not Europe. Now if we could just convince our politicians to stop trying to convert us into Europeans...ooops, that's right, we're about to do just that in a short 2 weeks.

Wagner

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »

Hello, I have a  Road King 2009 with kit SE 103 cans and 54 H Andrews .
I Buy a kit heads 110 SE (17248-07A front ,17250- 07 R) Can I put or do I have to make any changes.
Can you help me, because I live in Brazil and here it's hard to get information about performance

Grateful

Wagner
w1340@bol.com.BR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.