Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Saddlebag Crash Bars?  (Read 6581 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Saddlebag Crash Bars?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »

Pics look good, thanks. Was thinking of putting the black bars on the RG CVO Anny, consistent with the dark bike color. Anyone have pics of the black saddlebag guards? What is the part number for the black ones?

Some of the Street Glide guys have pictures of the black guards on their bikes posted in another thread on this subject.  Here's the link to the Harley catalog page for the black ones.  You have to buy the lower bag supports as well, as noted in the product description.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448647363&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309299547&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309299547&locale=en_US&bmUID=1356223437992&bmLocale=en_US

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Glenncarp

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 11:35:44 PM »

I am selecting accessories for my new 13 RG CVO. Not taking delivery till the spring, but want to order in advance.
Although the base plan is not to lay the bike down, there may be a time that I drop it in the parking lot. Are the front crash bars adequate, or would one be wise to put the saddle bag crash bars on too?
I know, I know, they are not "crash" bars.

Last summer, I rode to Sturgis. the last day I did 550 miles with the wife on the back. We arrived where we were staying at 1 AM and I could not find the check in lodge, at 1AM with a fully packed '11 SERGU with luggage strapped to the top of the tour pack, I made a u turn at SLOW speed and dropped the bike on the left side, the crash bars took the blow and there was NO damage to the bike whatsoever, only my pride. If the bars where not on the bike, i am certain the left saddle bag would have been damaged, over 1,000 pounds at 5 MPH landing on an ABS bag? You all do the math!

Get them!

braymond52

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Atomic Orange
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »

I am selecting accessories for my new 13 RG CVO. Not taking delivery till the spring, but want to order in advance.
Although the base plan is not to lay the bike down, there may be a time that I drop it in the parking lot. Are the front crash bars adequate, or would one be wise to put the saddle bag crash bars on too?
I know, I know, they are not "crash" bars.

The saddle bag crash bars were the first accessorie I installed on my CVO RG.  As far as the look goes you'll be surprised at how much they blend in.  They really aren't that noticible.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.